Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire 08:49 - Dec 16 with 3121 viewsnumptydumpty

https://www.footballfancast.com/qpr-news/qpr-bright-osayi-samuel-fenerbahce-hoop

Blast from the past

Apologies if clickbait but doing extremely well at Right Back.
Apparently valuation £10 million and Napoli want him.

The article basically criticising QPR let him go for nothing.

I remember he was due go think it was either Holland or Belgium for around £5 million and then it fell through and few months later, he went somewhere for practically nowt !!!

Think remembering, it was his advisors being able to mess us around.

Reinvented himself as a right back / wing back..

Was thinking in last seven or eight years, we have let at least three right backs then slip away that have gone onto better things.

Danny Simpson, Darnell Furlong and now Bright Ossyi Samuel.

We seem to have had a mental block with full backs.

I await see what Laird will do in January. Now he only a loan player but another destined for better things.

Paal I would think may want away with being hoodwinked by Beale, with pregnant girlfriend back home also potentially.

Yet never understand the theory behind tying down Kakay and Hamaleinen on very long term contracts...

Full backs seem to have seen to be key players these days and from being a very unglamorous position, it's of much more prestige now...

Look England with Alexander Arnold, Reece James, Tripper and Kyle Walker...

Perhaps in addition to set piece coach, we need right back recruitment and development coach.

Even back in day, our two most successful teams in mid 70s we had Dave Clement and early 90s we had Dave Bardsley. Top players both.

In fact for the Taraabt season, we had Kyle Walker on loan for half the season.

But yes it was a mess when BOS left but appears he is fulfilling now his early promise !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 08:52 - Dec 16 with 3072 viewsNorthernr

Recently got his first Nigerian cap as well I think.

Real wasted opportunity on our part that one.
Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 09:09 - Dec 16 with 2968 viewsdmm

Certainly a wasted opportunity on our part but I must say he never looked great defending when playing for us so full marks to those who've developed him into a full back.
Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 09:18 - Dec 16 with 2935 viewsBlue_Castello

It does seem to be the trend these days that players will not renew their contracts, once they can see that they are marketable they know there's bigger money and opportunities available, well I'm not sure that's 100% the player more likely the agent to get his percentage from any deal.

Agents have destroyed any remote chance of a player showing some loyalty but then again the offer of doubling or trebling your wages can be just too much of a temptation, surely it's another case of the player just won't even consider a new contract.
In Samuels case we had to try and sell him before he ran his contract down but it's very likely both he and his agent stopped any potential deal knowing that he would get better offers as a free agent....

Ps I've been following his exploits at Fenerbache and was amazed to see he's been converted to a full back, from the formations I've seen I think he plays wing back mainly which I think we could all see was possible, they just needed to coach the defensive side of the game into him to add to his searing pace.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2022 9:24]
Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 09:20 - Dec 16 with 2925 viewsNorthernr

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 09:18 - Dec 16 by Blue_Castello

It does seem to be the trend these days that players will not renew their contracts, once they can see that they are marketable they know there's bigger money and opportunities available, well I'm not sure that's 100% the player more likely the agent to get his percentage from any deal.

Agents have destroyed any remote chance of a player showing some loyalty but then again the offer of doubling or trebling your wages can be just too much of a temptation, surely it's another case of the player just won't even consider a new contract.
In Samuels case we had to try and sell him before he ran his contract down but it's very likely both he and his agent stopped any potential deal knowing that he would get better offers as a free agent....

Ps I've been following his exploits at Fenerbache and was amazed to see he's been converted to a full back, from the formations I've seen I think he plays wing back mainly which I think we could all see was possible, they just needed to coach the defensive side of the game into him to add to his searing pace.

The problem with BOS was we wasted a year in the middle with McClaren not picking him. Club knew what they had, and were angry with McClaren for not picking him, but still didn't offer to extend his deal at that point, when he would have signed. When he did get picked and played well we were down to the last 18 months of his deal when, like Willock, him and agent would be well aware of what opportunities there would be on a free transfer. If you're free transfer you can command a bigger wage and signing on fee, and select from more clubs, because there's no transfer fee.
Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 09:21 - Dec 16 with 2912 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 09:18 - Dec 16 by Blue_Castello

This!

As I’m sure we’re likely to find out with Willock shortly.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 09:31 - Dec 16 with 2859 viewsBlue_Castello

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 09:21 - Dec 16 by PlanetHonneywood

This!

As I’m sure we’re likely to find out with Willock shortly.

Yup exactly very sadly if any offers come in for Willock in January which are not taking the pee then the club has no option but to sell......
Hopefully with Critchley as our new Manager and Andy Belk doing the analytics we may well get a replacement fairly quickly, fingers crossed....
Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 09:34 - Dec 16 with 2836 viewsted_hendrix

If only we were perfect.

The posters who like to 'knock' our club at every given opportunity will have a 'field day' with this thread.

Not knocking the OP for posting this Info and good luck to Bright blah--blah but we're not perfect In the transfer market but I'm only interested In the *now* not what might have been.

Anyway, argue among yourselves.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 09:35 - Dec 16 with 2825 viewsstantheman10

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 09:20 - Dec 16 by Northernr

The problem with BOS was we wasted a year in the middle with McClaren not picking him. Club knew what they had, and were angry with McClaren for not picking him, but still didn't offer to extend his deal at that point, when he would have signed. When he did get picked and played well we were down to the last 18 months of his deal when, like Willock, him and agent would be well aware of what opportunities there would be on a free transfer. If you're free transfer you can command a bigger wage and signing on fee, and select from more clubs, because there's no transfer fee.

Definitely a mistake where BOS is concerned but I don't think the club will be to blame when Willock leaves for nothing as he and his agent know we won't be able to afford to pay him what he will receive on a free. The best we can hope for is a decent bid (£5m +) in January or less in the summer and make do with that. Unless his hamstring goes again then no one will want him or even less likely, we get promoted!
Login to get fewer ads

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 10:24 - Dec 16 with 2686 viewsdavman

This is an issue with Bosman. On what planet does anyone believe that an individual would sign an extension for a couple more quid a week when they can run a contract down and take a cut of the transfer fee the receiving club would pay?

"Loyalty", "They owe the club" - Bollox.

I know I can't blame football authorities for this, but it is yet another example of what is killing small clubs. No transfer fees and these players generally will not look down the pyramid ; they will strengthen the top teams. Without transfer fees, our model will have to change and that means a L1 budget for wages as our crowds and associated income will put us there at best.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 11:49 - Dec 16 with 2473 viewskernowhoop

If I remember correctly, fans were pretty passed off with BOS when he did the manoeuvering that took him off to Turkey. Nevertheless, it would be good to have that pace back in the QPR attack. With someone like Bright receiving the ball, 'transition' means something different from what we have been seeing recently.
Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 12:02 - Dec 16 with 2406 viewsNoelmc

Back in the day I seem to remember Andy Impey being switched from a winger to a full back which certainly improved his game. Similarly we switched Clive Wilson from a left-midfielder to a full back with great success.

Wilson was technically gifted & very composed but BOS always reminded me of Impey, fast and strong but lacking composure and high level technical ability. I think such players always make good candidates to try as full backs. I know we tried it occasionally but maybe should have persevered as it now looks that BOS has found his ideal position.
Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 12:05 - Dec 16 with 2390 viewsCamberleyR

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 12:02 - Dec 16 by Noelmc

Back in the day I seem to remember Andy Impey being switched from a winger to a full back which certainly improved his game. Similarly we switched Clive Wilson from a left-midfielder to a full back with great success.

Wilson was technically gifted & very composed but BOS always reminded me of Impey, fast and strong but lacking composure and high level technical ability. I think such players always make good candidates to try as full backs. I know we tried it occasionally but maybe should have persevered as it now looks that BOS has found his ideal position.

Bardsley was also converted from nondescript midfielder to brilliant full back.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 12:09 - Dec 16 with 2377 viewsNoelmc

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 12:05 - Dec 16 by CamberleyR

Can't believe I forgot Bardsley. He was the classic example!
Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 12:12 - Dec 16 with 2370 viewsNoelmc

When we had the Bard & Willo as our fullbacks, I'm convinced we had the best pair of fullbacks in the Premier League.
Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 12:20 - Dec 16 with 2336 viewsHAYESBOY

Remember BOS doing a couple of stints for us at Left wing back and he played pretty well. Also would we not have a sell on clause or were we really desperate to get anything for him before he left on a free?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 12:33 - Dec 16 with 2279 viewsTacticalR

He's pretty much stopped scoring goals at Fenerbahçe. 1 last season and 1 the season before that.

Air hostess clique

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 13:02 - Dec 16 with 2180 viewsQPROslo

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 09:09 - Dec 16 by dmm

Certainly a wasted opportunity on our part but I must say he never looked great defending when playing for us so full marks to those who've developed him into a full back.

I always thought BOS would make a good wing back because when with us he showed not only pace and technical ball skills, but he was also strong, powerful, hard to shake off the ball, and good in the tackle as well. He lacked some of the positioning sense he needed to play back but that could be learnt- he started doing exactly that in his last few games for us at LWB.
Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 14:51 - Dec 16 with 1952 viewsR_from_afar

On his day, he was amazing, but I also remember games when he was very reluctant to pass to team mates and tried to do everything himself.

It was a blow to get so little for him and I wish him all the best for the future.

Meanwhile, we continue.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 15:04 - Dec 16 with 1908 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 12:05 - Dec 16 by CamberleyR

We should try and switch Armstrong back the field then IMO.His pace and strenght would be perfect then send in those crosses or power into the box himself.
His finishing is miserable right now and looks like he is stuck in first gear or worse still nuetral in the box
Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 15:06 - Dec 16 with 1905 viewsTacticalR

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 14:51 - Dec 16 by R_from_afar

On his day, he was amazing, but I also remember games when he was very reluctant to pass to team mates and tried to do everything himself.

It was a blow to get so little for him and I wish him all the best for the future.

Meanwhile, we continue.

Yes, he was always trying to blast it into the goal from a tight angle rather than cut the ball back for somebody else. Laird has been much better in that respect.

Air hostess clique

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 15:13 - Dec 16 with 1894 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 14:51 - Dec 16 by R_from_afar

Meanwhile, we continue.

He was very frustrating to watch, great pace, but too many times the final ball was poor or he ran in to a cul-de-sac. I even think he ran straight off the pitch a couple of times.
Fair play to him though. Yet again another self inflicted wound for the R's.
It does raise the issue though about having the club aligned from youth to 1st team. As mentioned earlier, BOS missed a year due to McClaren, and we've had Warburton refuse to play youngsters, and Beale for all his talk only selected Armstrong a couple of times and that was only due to injuries.
At what point do some of the youngsters get thrown in ahead of Thomas, Travelman, Bonne. What about Pedder, Drewe, Gubbins etc. Bettache disappeared as has Duke-McKenna. Kelman is surely better than Bonne!
Maybe some of the youth are not that bad, but it takes a brave manager to select them. In fairness to Warburton he did in his 1st season, but then that was it. Nothing or very few given a chance in season 2 or 3.
Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 17:50 - Dec 16 with 1694 viewsdistortR

His refusal to celebrate team-mate's goals in his final season showed us what sort of a bloke he is.
Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 17:59 - Dec 16 with 1666 viewsPaddyhoops

Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire on 09:20 - Dec 16 by Northernr

So can we look forward to willock nursing his hamstring for another 18 months ? Not ideal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024