Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Singing section? 16:18 - Apr 1 with 12969 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Singing section? on 15:14 - Apr 6 with 3665 viewsTrueDaleBlue

Singing section? on 13:34 - Apr 6 by AtThePeake

An issue with that would be the cost. Traditionally these sections are usually among the cheapest parts of the ground so as to encourage students and younger people to come along. Main Stand is too expensive.

I think this is a great idea though, providing it doesn't descend into the kind of posturing nonsense we saw away at Oldham and Scunny. The home atmosphere needs to improve and I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do on that front.

Going off last season’s season ticket prices, under 21s in the main stand £85, Pearl street £75.
I’m not sure how many that would put off because of price.
There was an unofficial singing section in that block of the Pearl street a couple of seasons ago, and from the Sandy lane you could barely here them, and vice Versa regarding the Sandy also.
What would get the singers from the Sandy in the Pearl street? Possibly playing towards that end in the second half, when predominately more goals are scored, prices being the same for both ends.
We have marketing experts at the club that get paid to know these answers.
Singing section? on 17:21 - Apr 6 with 3544 viewsEllDale

There may be argument that most of the goals are scored in the second half because there is an advantage playing towards the Sandy with the help of an alleged slight slope?
Singing section? on 19:49 - Apr 6 with 3429 viewsTVOS1907

Singing section? on 17:21 - Apr 6 by EllDale

There may be argument that most of the goals are scored in the second half because there is an advantage playing towards the Sandy with the help of an alleged slight slope?

But more goals are scored in the second half in all games, not just those at Spotland!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Singing section? on 20:06 - Apr 6 with 3400 viewsD_Alien

Singing section? on 19:49 - Apr 6 by TVOS1907

But more goals are scored in the second half in all games, not just those at Spotland!

Plus, it's open to question whether the 'pitch levelling' undertaken under the expensive auspices of our former CEO made any difference to the slope - but if it did, the slope argument would no longer apply

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Singing section? on 21:27 - Apr 6 with 3310 viewsEllDale

I’m told by several people who have played at Spotland over the last decade (admittedly all of them rugby players) that there is still a discernible slope, mainly towards the Willbutts Lane corner.
It might not make any difference of course and I totally agree with TVOS when he comments that more goals are scored in the second half of matches generally.
It would be interesting to know if members of the current squad have a favourite end to play towards or if they’re not bothered.
Singing section? on 21:32 - Apr 6 with 3302 viewsD_Alien

Singing section? on 21:27 - Apr 6 by EllDale

I’m told by several people who have played at Spotland over the last decade (admittedly all of them rugby players) that there is still a discernible slope, mainly towards the Willbutts Lane corner.
It might not make any difference of course and I totally agree with TVOS when he comments that more goals are scored in the second half of matches generally.
It would be interesting to know if members of the current squad have a favourite end to play towards or if they’re not bothered.

The players you've spoken to maintain there's a still a slope, even after the hugely expensive "laser-levelling" process undertaken in 2020 (was it?)

If true, that's surely a matter of concern with regard to the contract signed with the company who carried out the work

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Singing section? on 00:23 - Apr 7 with 3194 viewsdingdangblue

Singing section? on 17:21 - Apr 6 by EllDale

All 5 home league wins this season we've been kicking towards the Pearl St end 2nd half! 😲

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Singing section? on 22:47 - Apr 8 with 2854 viewsdingdangblue

Talking about singing sections.
Wonderful PSV fans at Leicester last night.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

Singing section? on 08:32 - Apr 9 with 2743 viewsTrueDaleBlue

Singing section? on 22:47 - Apr 8 by dingdangblue

Brilliant, and not one of those fans complaining about the drum.
Singing section? on 09:56 - Apr 9 with 2672 viewsDalenet

Singing section? on 22:47 - Apr 8 by dingdangblue

Saw that yesterday and it did sound impressive. Ritual dancing too. But couldn't help but notice how the whole PSV support seemed to be very male 20-40 dominated. We could get our entire fan base in that space to be fair. And probably only a few rows of 20-40 yo males.

There is one guy - about 50 - in the mainstand who never shouts support, claps or makes a noise - but he does berate anybody around that does. It takes all sorts I guess
Singing section? on 21:17 - Apr 9 with 2477 viewsdingdangblue

Singing section? on 00:23 - Apr 7 by dingdangblue

All 5 home league wins this season we've been kicking towards the Pearl St end 2nd half! 😲

Make that 6.

Singing section? on 21:15 - Jul 24 with 1887 viewsJames1980

Was the singing section in fine voice yesterday during the game against Port Vale?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Singing section? on 22:19 - Jul 24 with 1769 views442Dale

Singing section? on 21:15 - Jul 24 by James1980

Was the singing section in fine voice yesterday during the game against Port Vale?

Actually, they were for a pre season friendly. Credit to them for trying to create an atmosphere and obviously some thought has gone into creating songs for new players.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Singing section? on 22:27 - Jul 24 with 1756 viewsmikehunt

Aye. There was a good one that had a call and response ending up with (something like) Thank you very much. Your Welcome.
Was that one of the England fans' songs?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Singing section? on 07:26 - Jul 25 with 1561 viewsJames1980

Singing section? on 22:19 - Jul 24 by 442Dale

Actually, they were for a pre season friendly. Credit to them for trying to create an atmosphere and obviously some thought has gone into creating songs for new players.

Great to hear thank you 442.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Singing section? on 16:47 - Jul 26 with 1245 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024