Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I Like Dom Ball 17:01 - Mar 26 with 5695 viewsDorse

To most people on here, this is not news. I basically mention him every week, spreading lies, half-truths and outright bullshit about his latest art installations, spoken word albums etc. Again, not news. However, I don't think I've ever explained why.

Je suis Dom Ball.

No, seriously. I am not Dom Ball in the literal sense but I feel like Dom Ball represents us better than just about anyone I can think of since than Ollie's first stint. Dom is not the most naturally-gifted player but the way he approaches each game is exactly the way any one of us would. Imagine it: we get the call. 'Dorse, Yoann's injured today but he reckons you could do a shift. What do you reckon? You up for it?'

F U C K Y E S B O S S

That's Dom. Right back? Give it a go. Defensive mid? I could do that. You get feeling that if Warbs asked him to guard a tree in his garden overnight, Dom would be putting on his shinpads and headtorch before he'd finished speaking. And that'd be me too. If I got the chance to pull in the hoops - just once! -I'd play exactly like him. Like the luckiest bloke in the world. Like a guy who has been told to enjoy it, you might never do this again.

I would also get a yellow card in the first 8 seconds (due to overexcitement). Dom, I get it mate. I really do.

Look at his face throughout the second half when he got called on to replace Barbet: he looked like he was having the time of his life. 'Dom? Scarlett Johansen's on the phone for you'. In a minute, tell her I'm busy.

Added to this, when he's not being who I would want to be on the field, he's being who I would want to be off it. Community work, food banks. The Dominator even won an award for it last season. Think about it: the only QPR player who won anything last season was Dom Ball. I mean, apart from the unofficial Smelliest Dump of the Year award that went to Ozzie Kakay after the team visited Fatty Amal's Kebab House.

Finally, I would argue that he has everything required to be considered a cult hero. Firstly, other clubs don't get what we see in him. Secondly, he never let's us down even when he's not the best player out there: we never expected him to be. Third, he would run through a burning brick wall, before crawling (on fire) over broken glass with his flies unzipped, simply to put lolly sticks in shit for this funny little club. He is the complete antithesis of people like comedy Frenchman Joe E Bartonne, or Armand Traore. Sirs, I submit to you that if Bircham is a club legend, the so is Dom Ball.

That is why I keep making up stuff about him. My whole schtick has Dom doing his absolute best to entertain, most often not really understanding what people want but never giving up or backing down. You paid to see Dom, and by God, your going to get the whole show.

I want to live in a world where Dom Ball is a QPR player.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

I Like Dom Ball on 18:33 - Mar 26 with 4693 viewsPunteR

I've read all of that 3 times and I'm still not 100% sure of how you feel about Dom Ball as a player .
Could you be a bit more precise?
I know you're kinda skirting around your true feelings coz your kids read this message board but just to be clear... Should Dom Ball be starting ahead of Hendricks against Fulham??
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 18:34]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

I Like Dom Ball on 18:53 - Mar 26 with 4649 viewsnumptydumpty

He is a trier, clearly loves football but when I said at start season to my neighbour in South Africa Road stand he has added a bit quality to his passion, he laughed.

Feel just because he looks like one of the boys from the black stuff, feel the guy is massively underrated. He is effective at his game, at least a twenty minute sub I feel currently.

If we continue to undervalue him, he be going to a mid table championship outfit and vastly improve their strength in depth...
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 19:01]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

I Like Dom Ball on 18:59 - Mar 26 with 4634 viewsQPsyR

I Like Dom Ball on 18:33 - Mar 26 by PunteR

I've read all of that 3 times and I'm still not 100% sure of how you feel about Dom Ball as a player .
I know you're kinda skirting around your true feelings coz your kids read this message board but just to be clear... Should Dom Ball be starting ahead of Hendricks against Fulham??

I think a broken traffic cone would be better than Hendricks

So i'd say Yes
Still not sure about Dorses opinion mind lol but i like dom ball too

FKA AcidPixie

I Like Dom Ball on 19:09 - Mar 26 with 4617 viewscolinallcars

Count me in. He has a heart like a horse and is just the man to bring some bite back into the team.
He sometimes shows remarkable skill and that goal last season…….
I Like Dom Ball on 19:09 - Mar 26 with 4617 viewsPunteR

I Like Dom Ball on 18:59 - Mar 26 by QPsyR

So i'd say Yes

When i walk the dog around the estate there's a broken man hole cover with a traffic cone next to it. Ive shoved this cone upside down into the hole in the ground. No reason. Been like it about a week now. Kinda reminds me of Hendricks now you come to mention it. :)

I Like Dom Ball on 19:18 - Mar 26 with 4607 viewsQPsyR

I Like Dom Ball on 19:09 - Mar 26 by PunteR

When i walk the dog around the estate there's a broken man hole cover with a traffic cone next to it. Ive shoved this cone upside down into the hole in the ground. No reason. Been like it about a week now. Kinda reminds me of Hendricks now you come to mention it. :)

Plus the useless cnt can't even play the guitar FFS
unlike most other hendrix
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 19:18]

FKA AcidPixie

I Like Dom Ball on 19:23 - Mar 26 with 4594 viewsPunteR

I Like Dom Ball on 19:18 - Mar 26 by QPsyR

Plus the useless cnt can't even play the guitar FFS
unlike most other hendrix
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 19:18]

I bet Ted Hendrix has a better eye for a forward pass as well.

I Like Dom Ball on 19:33 - Mar 26 with 4560 viewsNorthantsHoop

I don't think Dom Ball has ever let us down, always gives it a go, reckon he would be a great captain if he could secure a midfield spot.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 19:34]
Login to get fewer ads

I Like Dom Ball on 19:53 - Mar 26 with 4513 viewsDorse

I should've been clearer. Dom Ball is free to marry either my daughter (or son, as he sees fit. Or my wife. I know my limits), should be given the freedom of Nando's (Salisbury branch) and is in the side above Hendricks, Pirlo, the 1994 AC Milan back four, a lifesize concrete effigy of King Kong and Vora, King of Space.

Unless he is injured. For example, a splintered barse from his one man rocking-horse rodeo show.

I Like Dom Ball on 21:40 - Mar 26 with 4428 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I Like Dom Ball on 18:59 - Mar 26 by QPsyR

So i'd say Yes

"I think a broken traffic cone would be better than Hendricks"

I used to say similar about Tamas Priskin. No better than a bollard.

I don't think Hendrix is on Priskin levels.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

I Like Dom Ball on 22:32 - Mar 26 with 4355 viewsTacticalR

We could have done with Dom Ball against some of the mid and lower table physical sides like Barnsley, Peterborough and Cardiff.

Remember when he scored the winning goal against Cardiff a couple of years ago and started running round like a demented hound? We need some of that.

[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 22:36]

Air hostess clique

I Like Dom Ball on 22:52 - Mar 26 with 4317 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I Like Dom Ball on 22:32 - Mar 26 by TacticalR

We could have done with Dom Ball against some of the mid and lower table physical sides like Barnsley, Peterborough and Cardiff.

Remember when he scored the winning goal against Cardiff a couple of years ago and started running round like a demented hound? We need some of that.

I much prefer this team to that one.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

I Like Dom Ball on 19:35 - Mar 27 with 4024 viewsHunterhoop

I Like Dom Ball on 22:32 - Mar 26 by TacticalR

It is some strike that. How did that not win goal of the season?! Foot like a traction engine.

Why not give Dom another go? Possibly not against Fulham, but one or two of the others coming up.
I Like Dom Ball on 22:49 - Mar 27 with 3822 viewsdistortR

I was going to post a Dom. Ball thing up from youtube as a joke. I now have to explain my search history to my wife.
Dorse the bastard.
I Like Dom Ball on 23:02 - Mar 27 with 3801 viewsaston_hoop

I Like Dom Ball on 22:49 - Mar 27 by distortR

I was going to post a Dom. Ball thing up from youtube as a joke. I now have to explain my search history to my wife.
Dorse the bastard.

Oh god yeah never type Dom Ball into Twitter search if you dont want a shock.

As for Dom himself, he's got a lot better since he stopped playing hasn't he!
[Post edited 27 Mar 2022 23:03]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

I Like Dom Ball on 08:00 - Mar 28 with 3646 viewsstevec

I Like Dom Ball on 19:35 - Mar 27 by Hunterhoop

It is some strike that. How did that not win goal of the season?! Foot like a traction engine.

Why not give Dom another go? Possibly not against Fulham, but one or two of the others coming up.

Dorse might be onto something.

Of the 12 games he started w6 d2 l4 but 3 of those losses away to the top 3. The only one of those losses against a team below us was the one that lost him his place and not a single player covered himself in glory in that game or subsequently the two games we played against Peterboro since.

Is Dom our 21st Century Micky Leach?!
I Like Dom Ball on 09:37 - Mar 28 with 3552 viewsRBlock

Dorse, I could not agree more. Post of the year IMO.

I met Dom Ball in a but in Preston Road before the Euros final, and there he was with all his pals having a drink, singing QPR songs. Had a chat and he was absolutely buzzing about this season, looking to drive us towards promotion.

Given how turgid that midfield pairing of Hendrick and Stef Jo can be, it's a crying shame that Dom Ball hasn't had more of a run out, receiving the ball on the back foot, ghosting past his marker and driving forward, before overhitting the pass to Andre Gray. Definite cult hero for me.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2022 9:44]
I Like Dom Ball on 11:01 - Mar 28 with 3463 viewsnumptydumpty

I think he's likeable to QPR fans because if we played we think we would probably be a bit Dom Ball !!!!

Clearly never ever going be the boo boys target either !!!

Centre mids at moment think he better option than Hendrick and Dozell and Johansen out of form therefore just Amos and Field really ahead of him.

Why not !!!
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 11:02]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

I Like Dom Ball on 11:40 - Mar 28 with 3395 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Obviously a limited player but never wanting in effort. Perhaps no coincidence that he came on against Blackpool when we won.
I Like Dom Ball on 12:07 - Mar 28 with 3372 viewsNorthernr

A limited player. I didn't think he was quite up to Championship standard when he played central midfield earlier this season, and Field is a big mark up.

But he's wholehearted, committed, effective in certain situations, and ours. I'm very surprised how he's gone from first choice to barely getting off the bench. And as I keep saying it's not right, not us, and not what we're meant to be doing to have players like him kicking about doing nothing while Hendrick clocks up minutes contributing nothing.

It's also not meant to be what we're about not to reward people for good performances. Both Thomas and Ball made a huge impact in tough circumstances against Blackpool and have barely been seen since. Meanwhile the loaned idiot who put us in those tough circumstances waltzed straight back into the team once his ban was up and has cost us goals in the last two games.
I Like Dom Ball on 13:19 - Mar 28 with 3303 viewswombat

id start dom jolly ahead of hendricks on sat

Poll: which is your favouite foot

I Like Dom Ball on 16:41 - Mar 28 with 3188 viewsstevec

All this rubbish about playing to Austin’s strengths, let’s see Dom at CF in a mash up with Tim Ream.

If Warbs is going to go down then at least go down fighting.
I Like Dom Ball on 19:53 - Mar 28 with 3072 viewsTacticalR

During our recent bad run it feels like nobody is stepping up to change games. Earlier in the season we had Dickie, Barbet, Johansen etc. who managed to come up with something to get us over the line (e.g. Barbet's last minute goal at Bristol City). I would have hoped that Ball could have given us a bit of oomph, especially against the lower table physical sides. But who knows?

Air hostess clique

I Like Dom Ball on 21:51 - Mar 28 with 3004 viewsDorse

I Like Dom Ball on 22:49 - Mar 27 by distortR

Dorse the bastard.

Just imagine if you'd been looking for footage of him and Dickie.

I Like Dom Ball on 22:28 - Mar 28 with 2975 viewsdistortR

I Like Dom Ball on 21:51 - Mar 28 by Dorse

Just imagine if you'd been looking for footage of him and Dickie.

I pretty much did, in a way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024