Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... 07:45 - Aug 27 with 9484 viewsdale1968

As we celebrate 100 Years of FL Membership as Dale fans we have witnessed lots of things both good and bad supporting our beloved club.
So what are your 3 Favourite Dale Memories?
Heres Mine

1)Taking the P out of Andy Dibble at Wrexham When we beat them 5-2.
2) Ben Muirheads Pen Kick in the PO Semi.
3)Gary Jones Screamer at Southampton.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 18:49 - Aug 27 with 2940 viewsrickyprickles

The 0-0 @ burton in the FA cup, 2000. Was the funniest away day for me. Their father Ted lookalike goalie, largest physio I’ve ever seen, a drunk Cloughie in the stands, or so the songs insinuated!!

I think ‘98 away at Doncaster celebrating a goal we couldn’t see due to fog, Taffy started celebrating in the goal in front of us, so that was good enough for us fans!

Beating MK dons 5-0 Alfie’s debut???
Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 18:57 - Aug 27 with 2911 viewsNigeriamark

1) Beating Crewe last game of the season ( about 1981?) on a Friday night when there was a chance of finishing in the bottom 4 & being voted out of the league

2) Coventry 1971 FA cup win

3) Luke's equaliser against MUFC. Would probably have picked the equaliser against Spurs but only saw it on I-follow rather than being there
Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 19:36 - Aug 27 with 2870 viewsboromat

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 18:57 - Aug 27 by Nigeriamark

1) Beating Crewe last game of the season ( about 1981?) on a Friday night when there was a chance of finishing in the bottom 4 & being voted out of the league

2) Coventry 1971 FA cup win

3) Luke's equaliser against MUFC. Would probably have picked the equaliser against Spurs but only saw it on I-follow rather than being there

Mention of Crewe reminds me of the Tuesday night away when Hendo and Done were played up top together and it just clicked and our season finally got going! Not many of us their that night from memory.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 23:00 - Aug 27 with 2782 viewsToffeemanc

1. Joe Thompson’s goal against Charlton.

2. Tom Kennedy’s celebration after scoring the penalty against Bury, its still my favourite ever goal celebration.

3. Steve Davies equaliser against Spurs in the cup, the atmosphere in the ground was absolutely electric.

Others that stick out Hendo’s goal against Leeds in the cup.

Also a couple of odd ones being Niall Canavan scoring deep into injury time against Darren Ferguson’s Doncaster to make it 2-2 and I think if I remember correctly this relegated them from league one?

And early in the 2009 - 2010 promotion season coming back from 3-0 down at half time away against Morecambe to get a 3-3 draw and we probably should have won 4-3 to then see Sammy McIlroy kick the water bottles half way down the touchline in frustration at the final whistle which really amused me at the time. Also remember O’Grady making his debut in this game and after the opening 45 minutes thinking he was useless, how wrong I was.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 23:06 - Aug 27 with 2764 views442Dale

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 23:00 - Aug 27 by Toffeemanc

2. Tom Kennedy’s celebration after scoring the penalty against Bury, its still my favourite ever goal celebration.

3. Steve Davies equaliser against Spurs in the cup, the atmosphere in the ground was absolutely electric.

Also a couple of odd ones being Niall Canavan scoring deep into injury time against Darren Ferguson’s Doncaster to make it 2-2 and I think if I remember correctly this relegated them from league one?

And early in the 2009 - 2010 promotion season coming back from 3-0 down at half time away against Morecambe to get a 3-3 draw and we probably should have won 4-3 to then see Sammy McIlroy kick the water bottles half way down the touchline in frustration at the final whistle which really amused me at the time. Also remember O’Grady making his debut in this game and after the opening 45 minutes thinking he was useless, how wrong I was.

COG didn’t make his debut that night but he was ineffective.

The Doncaster game didn’t relegate them as it was early April, but they never recovered.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 23:26 - Aug 27 with 2744 viewsTVOS1907

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 23:00 - Aug 27 by Toffeemanc

I was reminded of TK's celebration when that dickhead ran the length of the Willbutts touchline tonight!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 23:49 - Aug 27 with 2722 viewsSandyman

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 23:26 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

I was reminded of TK's celebration when that dickhead ran the length of the Willbutts touchline tonight!

The T K celebration was the best ever. My avatar is a bucketmong reaction to it. Think he's the one who had the coffin and tried to kick the doors in at bucket fc whilst the mad woman was chained to a drainpipe. All on TV. Priceless.
Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 23:52 - Aug 27 with 2713 viewsTVOS1907

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 23:49 - Aug 27 by Sandyman

The T K celebration was the best ever. My avatar is a bucketmong reaction to it. Think he's the one who had the coffin and tried to kick the doors in at bucket fc whilst the mad woman was chained to a drainpipe. All on TV. Priceless.

12 years ago this weekend

Login to get fewer ads

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 00:33 - Aug 28 with 2671 viewsSandyman

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 23:52 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

12 years ago this weekend

Hilarious. bury used to have a league team back then. Falling for the "WOW WOW WOW! and "Revolution" script doesn't apply here. Mugs.
Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 10:26 - Aug 28 with 2493 viewsmikehunt

I’m trying to find three more exciting memories than the ones already mentioned and the only legitimate one I can come up with is drawing three a piece down at Crystal Palace in 1970 (was it?) we were 3-1 down with 5 mins to go.
Went to the game courtesy of a slightly older friend driving past on my way home from school and asking did I fancy going to London for the match?

Is there any footage of this game TVOS?

I’ll rack my brains for another couple that got my adrenalin going.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 10:43 - Aug 28 with 2466 viewsTVOS1907

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 10:26 - Aug 28 by mikehunt

I’m trying to find three more exciting memories than the ones already mentioned and the only legitimate one I can come up with is drawing three a piece down at Crystal Palace in 1970 (was it?) we were 3-1 down with 5 mins to go.
Went to the game courtesy of a slightly older friend driving past on my way home from school and asking did I fancy going to London for the match?

Is there any footage of this game TVOS?

I’ll rack my brains for another couple that got my adrenalin going.

Not that I've ever seen, mikehunt

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 14:42 - Aug 28 with 2352 viewsCockneyDale

1. Not the moment everyone else seems to have chosen from that game, but David Perkins' goal v Darlo in the play-offs. I was in line with it, in the Sandy, and it seemed in slow-motion. First of all, trying to work out if it would go over the keeper and then whether it would dip under the bar. Then 30 seconds of limbs-based insanity. Don't think I've ever cheered a goal so much.....

2. Though this probably runs it close....Davies equaliser v Spurs.

3. Hmm....Dagnall winner away at Rushden that ensured we didn't drop into relegation zone? Evil's free kick v Preston? (which i can't find online - anyone got a link?) Simmo's goal away at Rushden in the play offs? Hendo's volley v Leeds? No, I'm going to go with something that wasn't quite a moment but the win with 10 men away at Orient will live long in my memory. The early Done goal; the injustice of a penalty when the foul was outside the box; the hanging on with 10 men and then the fightback with Vincenti and Done scoring. I'm emotional thinking of it now. Was pleasing to see in an interview that Vincenti ranked it among his most-treasured moments.
Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 15:07 - Aug 28 with 2327 viewsShun

Not in my top 3, but one I don't think I've seen mentioned is going top of the league for the first time in my Dale-supporting life with an almost perfect footballing display to win 3-0 at Bradford one November/December night. Simply sublime display. We stayed top for months until chalky's lot came and ruined things.
Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 19:06 - Aug 28 with 2218 viewsTomRAFC

1: Full time against Northampton when we secured promotion. So much joy but so much relief!

2: Perkins' equaliser against Darlington in the playoffs.

3: Jason Peake's overhead kick away at Halifax. It was my first ever away game and no amount of words can express my childhood wonder and elation at that moment.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 23:24 - Aug 28 with 2090 viewsR17ALE

1. Removing Bottomley AND Rawlinson at the club's EGM will take some beating for me. Flushing out two turds in one push is a great feeling!

2. Ben Muirhead's penalty.

3. Alan Reeves' 90th minute winner at Cardiff.

(4. Wembley x 2.)

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 00:04 - Aug 29 with 2048 views_Windydale

1. 2007—08, securing a play-off place. After beating Darlington 5—4 on penalties in the semi-final,

2. Rochdale 2-2 Tottenham. Totally engrossing game.

3. 1995 Darlington v Rochdale. My first solo travel to an away game. We win away at feethams to play Liverpool in the next round. The memories. Walking down mugger's alley, a winding ginnel to the away entrance. The cowshed and horrible hard benches and lack of view due to the low roofing. My first experience of the chance to watch Dale play at a big club. The drive back and the excitement, getting a ticket to watch Dale at Anfield. (That Liverpool match was a complete anticlimax. fukin awful)
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 0:12]
Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 00:16 - Aug 29 with 2042 views_Windydale

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 19:06 - Aug 28 by TomRAFC

1: Full time against Northampton when we secured promotion. So much joy but so much relief!

2: Perkins' equaliser against Darlington in the playoffs.

3: Jason Peake's overhead kick away at Halifax. It was my first ever away game and no amount of words can express my childhood wonder and elation at that moment.

A wonder goal! I was there for that. The bury fan commentator describing it as if he's reading out a weather report.
Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 09:36 - Aug 29 with 1901 viewsDalliance

One extra to the many brilliant moments already listed, for me, would be one I've probably added to in my imagination over the years...

Evil surrounded by fog in a high scoring game against York with York players literally bouncing off him and crumbling into pieces as he storms off on a solo run down the length of the pitch like some kind of Viking hero. Not sure if we could see the goal because of the fog.

Think it was 5 - 4 to Dale.

It probably went nothing like that in reality 😁
Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 11:05 - Aug 29 with 1841 viewssamueloneils

1971 Coventry cuptie- Noel Cantwell- "Where is Rochdale?"
Any match with Stan Milburn playing
Biggest favourite- standing in the away end in 1962 at Ewood Park, playing against Ronnie Clayton (then England captain) Bryan Douglas ( then England right wing) and Mike England (Welsh captain) etc and holding them to 2-1 to go to the League Cup final. That was the crazy year Ipswich won the First Division.
Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 11:35 - Aug 29 with 1803 viewsTVOS1907

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 09:36 - Aug 29 by Dalliance

One extra to the many brilliant moments already listed, for me, would be one I've probably added to in my imagination over the years...

Evil surrounded by fog in a high scoring game against York with York players literally bouncing off him and crumbling into pieces as he storms off on a solo run down the length of the pitch like some kind of Viking hero. Not sure if we could see the goal because of the fog.

Think it was 5 - 4 to Dale.

It probably went nothing like that in reality 😁

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 12:49 - Aug 29 with 1738 viewsBrightonDale

Haven't really been at any defining moments but there have been some good ones regardless.

1.) Hendo doing a Hendo at Peterborough. Scoring and then getting sent off. Holding out the 1-0 win with Lillis making saves he really shouldn't have been making. Couldn't have happened against a more horrible team or manager. :)

2.) Bournemouth 0 Rochdale 4. Bloody marvellous.

3.) Rochdale 3 Bury 0. The only highlight I remember from Coleman's time but brilliant nonetheless.
Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 14:16 - Aug 29 with 1669 viewsDalliance

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 11:35 - Aug 29 by TVOS1907

Gah, thanks for posting the clip, it was so much better in my head though 😁
Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 22:50 - Aug 29 with 1489 viewsdingdangblue

1. Rochdale 1 Charlton 0
2. Rochdale 2 Tottenham 2
3. Rochdale 2 Leeds Utd 0

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 14:17 - Aug 30 with 1288 viewsnordenblue

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 11:35 - Aug 29 by TVOS1907

Quality that, what was the game when Holty came back and caused havoc at home whilst looking pretty unfit was it against Huddersfield a few years back?
Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 14:56 - Aug 30 with 1256 viewsTVOS1907

Your 3 Favourite Dale Memories... on 14:17 - Aug 30 by nordenblue

Quality that, what was the game when Holty came back and caused havoc at home whilst looking pretty unfit was it against Huddersfield a few years back?

Sheffield United?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024