Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our financial position 10:05 - Feb 27 with 7005 viewsDarran

Read the thread.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Our financial position on 11:51 - Mar 1 with 1350 viewsmonmouth

Our financial position on 01:06 - Mar 1 by TNT

If you want to save forty thousand pounds a week, move Naughton on.

At least Ayew is making a good contribution to our season. We've squandered money on worse, Mon.

Oh I agree with that. I wish we could afford to have quality like that throughout the team. It's just that we really cant afford one player taking that proportion of the wage bill at our level of income.

Naughton and the otherswill be released in the summer unless they take massive pay cuts. Ayew is a millstone whatever he does on the pitch, unless he could get us promoted, which he can't. A better midfield and more pace in the team might, and we need funds for that.

Whether our current 'recruitment team' could pull it off or whether they would 'do a Clucas' remains to be seen. But if Ayew stays that would cut off a lot of the potential recruitment opportunities.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Our financial position on 11:56 - Mar 1 with 1344 viewsCooperman

I have just seen a tweet that suggests that the squad used air travel to get to Blackburn and back.

Anyone know the finer details of this? I guess it was a Cardiff to Manchester charter. If it’s true then I’m a little bit surprised to see this happen for Blackburn away; Middlesbrough away is a different story. I wonder what the cost gap is between air and coach travel.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Our financial position on 14:26 - Mar 4 with 1263 viewsTimTtam

https://financialfootballnews.com/category/swansea/

This website does a good financial summary and breakdown of PL and Champ clubs. They did our 2019 financial year a few days ago. You can find our 2018 one below it too.

Interestingly, they write that we are "showing commendable financial discipline" and that we are a "financially stable club run incredibly well with minimal debt and decent cash reserves". They also mention that promotion would be "an added bonus rather than a financial imperative in the future".

Other figures to suggest that we are hopefully stabilising are that we are owed a net 5.8M in transfer fees, and that we were able to repay bank loans of 5.2M.

If Birch supposedly wasn't brought in to sell the club, then he's doing his main job of stabilising the club's finances pretty well.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Our financial position on 14:40 - Mar 4 with 1255 views34dfgdf54

Our financial position on 11:56 - Mar 1 by Cooperman

I have just seen a tweet that suggests that the squad used air travel to get to Blackburn and back.

Anyone know the finer details of this? I guess it was a Cardiff to Manchester charter. If it’s true then I’m a little bit surprised to see this happen for Blackburn away; Middlesbrough away is a different story. I wonder what the cost gap is between air and coach travel.

They used to fly everywhere during Premier League days (or pretty much), didn't think they did now though.
Our financial position on 15:42 - Mar 4 with 1180 viewsCooperman

Our financial position on 14:40 - Mar 4 by 34dfgdf54

They used to fly everywhere during Premier League days (or pretty much), didn't think they did now though.

The tweet was along the lines of “guess who couldn’t fly today because he forgot his ID”

(It was Connor Roberts BTW).

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Our financial position on 16:08 - Mar 4 with 1157 viewsBadlands

Our financial position on 11:51 - Mar 1 by monmouth

Oh I agree with that. I wish we could afford to have quality like that throughout the team. It's just that we really cant afford one player taking that proportion of the wage bill at our level of income.

Naughton and the otherswill be released in the summer unless they take massive pay cuts. Ayew is a millstone whatever he does on the pitch, unless he could get us promoted, which he can't. A better midfield and more pace in the team might, and we need funds for that.

Whether our current 'recruitment team' could pull it off or whether they would 'do a Clucas' remains to be seen. But if Ayew stays that would cut off a lot of the potential recruitment opportunities.

Roberts can be as good as Naughon but he has a manager who doesn't know how to get the best out players.
As a result Roberts has been allowed to continue toggling between like the 'big I am' on the pitch and being dropped.
Whatever happens we will always be forced to pay over the odds to bring payers to Swansea as has been the case for decades.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 16:09]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Our financial position on 20:42 - Mar 5 with 969 viewsPentyrchJack

Our financial position on 16:08 - Mar 4 by Badlands

Roberts can be as good as Naughon but he has a manager who doesn't know how to get the best out players.
As a result Roberts has been allowed to continue toggling between like the 'big I am' on the pitch and being dropped.
Whatever happens we will always be forced to pay over the odds to bring payers to Swansea as has been the case for decades.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 16:09]

Agree with this. Roberts has underperformed under Cooper when the opposite should have been expected with his focus on youth.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Our financial position on 21:46 - Mar 5 with 924 viewsDr_Winston

Our financial position on 20:42 - Mar 5 by PentyrchJack

Agree with this. Roberts has underperformed under Cooper when the opposite should have been expected with his focus on youth.

Roberts has been underperforming since last season, long before Cooper got hold of him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Our financial position on 09:33 - Mar 6 with 832 viewsCatullus

Our financial position on 21:46 - Mar 5 by Dr_Winston

Roberts has been underperforming since last season, long before Cooper got hold of him.

Yes that's fair comment but wasn't Cooper was brought in because he could get the best out of our young players?

Isn't it the case that several of our players seem to have regressed under Cooper? Celina being the worst case. Byers isn't far behind though, I hadn't rated him at all but then he showed signs, maybe he flattered to deceive? Ot maybe Cooper isn't as good as all that, for us anyway. Sometimes a player/manager/staff member just doesn't fit properly and a previously outstanding person falls flat. Maybe that's Cooper? Maybe he'll go elsewhere and be a roaring success. Maybe this will turn out to be a very good learning experience for him and he'll go on to do better?

Regardless of all that, our financial position is looking much better and I'd much rather be in this position than have taken the kind of gamble others clubs did. Some clubs get relegated and find the parachute payments couldn't help them, such was the mess.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Our financial position on 10:09 - Mar 6 with 819 viewsDr_Winston

Our financial position on 09:33 - Mar 6 by Catullus

Yes that's fair comment but wasn't Cooper was brought in because he could get the best out of our young players?

Isn't it the case that several of our players seem to have regressed under Cooper? Celina being the worst case. Byers isn't far behind though, I hadn't rated him at all but then he showed signs, maybe he flattered to deceive? Ot maybe Cooper isn't as good as all that, for us anyway. Sometimes a player/manager/staff member just doesn't fit properly and a previously outstanding person falls flat. Maybe that's Cooper? Maybe he'll go elsewhere and be a roaring success. Maybe this will turn out to be a very good learning experience for him and he'll go on to do better?

Regardless of all that, our financial position is looking much better and I'd much rather be in this position than have taken the kind of gamble others clubs did. Some clubs get relegated and find the parachute payments couldn't help them, such was the mess.

Couldn't agree with you more on that. Cooper has largely failed on everything he was supposed to be good at.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Our financial position on 10:12 - Mar 6 with 817 viewsTimTtam

Our financial position on 09:33 - Mar 6 by Catullus

Exactly. We had net transfer spend of minus 38.4M and we're in a bit of trouble financially. Imagine what's going on at Stoke, who had a net spend of 30M in the Championship, just one year after recording losses of 32M. They also owe creditors a net fee of 31M next financial year, and have debt of net 174M. They'll essentially have to sell anything that moves.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Our financial position on 11:38 - Mar 6 with 781 viewsjackjackjackjack

Our financial position on 10:09 - Mar 6 by Dr_Winston

Couldn't agree with you more on that. Cooper has largely failed on everything he was supposed to be good at.

His ability to get in decent young loan signings was what got him the job, I guess. Pity he can't get the best out of them.

Wonder who we'd have signed if we were relying on young Toshack, Leon and Curtis' contacts?

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Our financial position on 11:51 - Mar 6 with 773 viewsKGriz16

I'll be gutted to see Naughton go, honestly. Unsung/underrated.

clubs financial position is what we already knew, but muppets won't understand without there being some massive conspiracy.
Our financial position on 12:10 - Mar 6 with 762 viewsNotLoyal

Our financial position on 11:38 - Mar 6 by jackjackjackjack

His ability to get in decent young loan signings was what got him the job, I guess. Pity he can't get the best out of them.

Wonder who we'd have signed if we were relying on young Toshack, Leon and Curtis' contacts?

Which means his value to the club is nearly over.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Our financial position on 14:41 - Mar 6 with 701 viewsCatullus

Our financial position on 11:38 - Mar 6 by jackjackjackjack

Gettingdecent loan signings is one thing but what if you can't get them to play?

Would we be happy if we managed to get Messi on a free transfer if he ended up playing like Tommy Mutton?

In the vast scheme of it, it looks like Birch is doing much better at his job than Cooper is and maybe that, in the long term, will be who we thank the most.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024