Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread : Millwall 19:09 - Mar 21 with 12191 views442Dale

Vincenti in for Lund. Rafferty back, on the bench.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread : Millwall on 21:10 - Mar 21 with 3387 viewsSheffdale

We might need PV +AN Other at this rate. Come on the Dale!
Match thread : Millwall on 21:14 - Mar 21 with 3336 viewsDiddyDave

C/mon the Dale,let`s put these Cockney bastards to the sword,cheating pricks.
Match thread : Millwall on 21:16 - Mar 21 with 3315 viewsrichfoad32

Nobody can argue about the entertainment value we're giving at the moment, if it doesn't encourage a few more season ticket sales then nothing will.
Match thread : Millwall on 21:20 - Mar 21 with 3267 viewscon_dale

Match thread : Millwall on 21:03 - Mar 21 by Yorkshire_Dale

Come on PV get a goal.........same scorers as Saturday?

In the same order as well
Match thread : Millwall on 21:27 - Mar 21 with 3162 viewsmoth5368

Been subbed😕
Match thread : Millwall on 21:37 - Mar 21 with 3054 viewssandy_dale

Can't invite this much pressure when your defence is league two mid table standard
Match thread : Millwall on 21:47 - Mar 21 with 2917 views100notout

Couldn't get there tonight.could have done with the 3 points but 1 isn't bad. Especially when we were two down. Sounds like we were under the cosh towards the end so great to hang on. Not many teams get 3 against millwall. Well done dale

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match thread : Millwall on 21:47 - Mar 21 with 2900 viewsisitme

Poor defending but Andrew had two glorious chances when we were 3-2 up to kill the game.

Substitutions were too late. The Rafferty for Vincenti change should have happened earlier as it was all Millwall for the last 20 minutes.

If we could defend we would be in the play offs.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread : Millwall on 21:48 - Mar 21 with 2895 viewsFrog

Scored 3 but feel we need Davies back
Match thread : Millwall on 21:53 - Mar 21 with 2839 viewsfitzochris

Match thread : Millwall on 21:48 - Mar 21 by Frog

Scored 3 but feel we need Davies back

And the one game of late where we've scored four, we didn't need to.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread : Millwall on 21:59 - Mar 21 with 2729 viewsColDale

Cracking game.

Lucky to get a point in the end but for about fifteen mins in the second half we were unplayable. The movement and passing was championship material. Thought Hendo was motm for me.

The pitch makes it seem the players are playing in treacle. There'll be some tired legs in the morning.

Awful tactics by Millwall in first half. Clear agenda to control the ref at every opportunity. City were charged by the FA for far less than what Millwall did. Shame cos as a team, they played some great stuff at times. They certainly put a shift in.
Match thread : Millwall on 22:07 - Mar 21 with 2626 viewssweetcorn

Just a quick question, since i wasn't allowed to berate mcnulty for his inability to defend because we won, can i when we've drawn?

He's terrible and a typical league two player. He has zero confidence and constantly worries me. The audacity of the bloke to try and blame canavan for his hospital pass which lad to their second was staggering.

That game feels like a loss, to take control like we did at the start of the second half with some of the best football i've seen to only then get pegged back and barely get a kick for the rest of the game is hard to take..

The subs came too late, keith let players get out on their feet and gave millwall the chance to take control. How calvin stayed on the pitch for 90 was staggering, he could barely run at the end.

Some great saves from conrad and for me has justified the recall to the side, he looked to have lost another stone tonight.

Hendo has a hell of an engine on him.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread : Millwall on 22:08 - Mar 21 with 2613 viewsDaley_Lama

Milwall take 1/6 points from us.

If that keeps their odious squad of whining, moaning, haranging, cheating toerags in league 1 , good.

Our team looked shattered at the rnd, just about hung on. Well done lads!

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread : Millwall on 22:08 - Mar 21 with 2609 viewsbeat_the_bishop

Match thread : Millwall on 21:47 - Mar 21 by isitme

Poor defending but Andrew had two glorious chances when we were 3-2 up to kill the game.

Substitutions were too late. The Rafferty for Vincenti change should have happened earlier as it was all Millwall for the last 20 minutes.

To score 3 goals at home (again) and to come away with a point is a fine summary of our defence. And season...

Calvin Andrew doesn't score when he wants. If he did we'd be walking away with 3 points and a full hand of fingernails. At that point I said them misses will change the game. It's all so predictable and mightily frustrating.

I could decide if Millwall were very good for the last 30 minutes or we were very poor. Because it got desperate at times.

At 2-0 down you take a point but at 3-2 up at home you feel you should close out at game and we are back in the playoff hunt.

As said elsewhere, the subs came 20 minutes too late. Camps, Andrew, Bunney all looked dead on their feet. The latter had a poor game as did Vincenti. Both of which are 2 games away from match fitness but we are desperate.

McNulty has one of them in him on average every 62 minutes. McGahey RCB and Rafferty RB is the blantent choice. Or is that just me?

Great entertainment again. But a very poor but predictable attendance. 3 points tonight would have assisted the season ticket push. But, we go again!
Match thread : Millwall on 22:11 - Mar 21 with 2553 viewsShun

Match thread : Millwall on 21:59 - Mar 21 by ColDale

Cracking game.

Lucky to get a point in the end but for about fifteen mins in the second half we were unplayable. The movement and passing was championship material. Thought Hendo was motm for me.

The pitch makes it seem the players are playing in treacle. There'll be some tired legs in the morning.

Awful tactics by Millwall in first half. Clear agenda to control the ref at every opportunity. City were charged by the FA for far less than what Millwall did. Shame cos as a team, they played some great stuff at times. They certainly put a shift in.

Agree with every word of that.

Millwall really are a horrible side, reminiscent of Peterborough's 'team full of w@nkers' a few years ago. Horrible tactics. I actually felt embarrassed for them after an Allen foul and every single one of their outfield players surrounded the referee to demand a second yellow card. I haven't seen things like that for years. They should be ashamed of themselves. And Morrison and Gregory are two of the most odious players we've met all season.

For a team who have such a good recent clean sheet record their defence didn't look very good at all. We were tearing them apart at times, but then, they were doing the same to us at times too and in the end they looked the more likely winners.
Match thread : Millwall on 22:16 - Mar 21 with 3525 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread : Millwall on 21:47 - Mar 21 by isitme

Marked you down in error, our substitutions are always too late, rafferty should have been on at half time . Woeful defending from front to back, the ball just kept coming back at us. Pitch is crap, millwall are a horrible outfit. The ref was crap. Our attacking play was awesome in bursts. Up the dale

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread : Millwall on 22:18 - Mar 21 with 3504 views442Dale

Really enjoyable evening and yet another missed opportunity.

We really were something else going forward at the start of the second half but once Calvin missed those chances you knew what was coming unless we did something about it. Unfortunately Hill left it too late with the subs and it resulted in two points dropped. Reason? There was no way the centre of our defence copes unless we were going forward, and with players running out of steam we needed Rathbone on for energy at about 70 minutes.

The basics are something neither Canavan or McNulty seem capable of the moment and that means getting into a solid position and winning the ball. That third goal was coming as soon as the ball was launched in Canavan's direction and he wasn't set. Quite why this hasn't been addressed is a question for the manager to answer, he'll know that the knock on effects all over the pitch start at the back (the need for Rafferty to "protect" the back four, the quite bizarre decision to change a winning set-up with wing backs tonight). Yes, individuals need to do better when picked, but I'm sure Hill is fully aware of the errors made in recruitment and selections that have compounded the lack of quality at the back.

NML is a joy to watch right now and if he'd scored when Calvin missed we'd be talking about that for years; he was ably assisted by Henderson and Vincenti who had his best game of the season when removed from the wing-back role. Super entertainment but the errors mentioned and the fact that we looked completely knackered with ten to go needs looking at. We all trust Hill to do that, he'll know where he's gone wrong this campaign, one where we've done really well but also one where we could have done so much more.

Match thread : Millwall on 22:22 - Mar 21 with 3459 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread : Millwall on 22:11 - Mar 21 by Shun

Millwall really are a horrible side, reminiscent of Peterborough's 'team full of w@nkers' a few years ago. Horrible tactics. I actually felt embarrassed for them after an Allen foul and every single one of their outfield players surrounded the referee to demand a second yellow card. I haven't seen things like that for years. They should be ashamed of themselves. And Morrison and Gregory are two of the most odious players we've met all season.

For a team who have such a good recent clean sheet record their defence didn't look very good at all. We were tearing them apart at times, but then, they were doing the same to us at times too and in the end they looked the more likely winners.

What a prick that Gregory is - glad he missed 2 sitters at the end. Yes we could and should have gone 4-2 up but in the end very glad of the point.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread : Millwall on 22:22 - Mar 21 with 3461 viewsNogintheNog

Match thread : Millwall on 22:11 - Mar 21 by Shun

My long gone dad was a lifelong Millwall fan, but he would have been ashamed of that lot tonight, aided by yet another below standard set of officials they got away with scum-bag football throughout the first half.
Also, I dont like to criticise our players as a rule but McNulty`s performance tonight must be in the top ten awful displays by a Dale centre-half in living memory !
Match thread : Millwall on 22:23 - Mar 21 with 3452 viewsfitzochris

Match thread : Millwall on 22:18 - Mar 21 by 442Dale

Really enjoyable evening and yet another missed opportunity.

We really were something else going forward at the start of the second half but once Calvin missed those chances you knew what was coming unless we did something about it. Unfortunately Hill left it too late with the subs and it resulted in two points dropped. Reason? There was no way the centre of our defence copes unless we were going forward, and with players running out of steam we needed Rathbone on for energy at about 70 minutes.

The basics are something neither Canavan or McNulty seem capable of the moment and that means getting into a solid position and winning the ball. That third goal was coming as soon as the ball was launched in Canavan's direction and he wasn't set. Quite why this hasn't been addressed is a question for the manager to answer, he'll know that the knock on effects all over the pitch start at the back (the need for Rafferty to "protect" the back four, the quite bizarre decision to change a winning set-up with wing backs tonight). Yes, individuals need to do better when picked, but I'm sure Hill is fully aware of the errors made in recruitment and selections that have compounded the lack of quality at the back.

NML is a joy to watch right now and if he'd scored when Calvin missed we'd be talking about that for years; he was ably assisted by Henderson and Vincenti who had his best game of the season when removed from the wing-back role. Super entertainment but the errors mentioned and the fact that we looked completely knackered with ten to go needs looking at. We all trust Hill to do that, he'll know where he's gone wrong this campaign, one where we've done really well but also one where we could have done so much more.

Could the pitch be blamed for the noticeable fatigue? Was it the same for both sets of players?
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 22:23]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread : Millwall on 22:28 - Mar 21 with 3350 viewsShun

Interesting that we only have one side in the top half of the table left to play for the remainder of the season. If we wanted to we could yet make something great of this season. That doesn't need to mean reaching the playoffs, but if we put some momentum together as we're well capable of doing then the positivity will surge into the close-season and the ST push.
Match thread : Millwall on 22:29 - Mar 21 with 3332 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread : Millwall on 22:22 - Mar 21 by NogintheNog

My long gone dad was a lifelong Millwall fan, but he would have been ashamed of that lot tonight, aided by yet another below standard set of officials they got away with scum-bag football throughout the first half.
Also, I dont like to criticise our players as a rule but McNulty`s performance tonight must be in the top ten awful displays by a Dale centre-half in living memory !

A woeful display from McNulty. He has cost us victory tonight with his inexplicable dithering and farting about for their second goal. I don't know what he did to concede the penalty, but he is costing us points. Time for a rest.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 22:43]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread : Millwall on 22:40 - Mar 21 with 3218 views442Dale

Match thread : Millwall on 22:29 - Mar 21 by SuddenLad

A woeful display from McNulty. He has cost us victory tonight with his inexplicable dithering and farting about for their second goal. I don't know what he did to concede the penalty, but he is costing us points. Time for a rest.

Need to get Keane back and play him with McGahey until the end of the season.

Match thread : Millwall on 22:41 - Mar 21 with 3201 viewsNogintheNog

Match thread : Millwall on 22:29 - Mar 21 by SuddenLad

We sit at the Sandy end of the Main Stand, McNulty pulled their forward down just as Conrad looked set to clear the danger.
Match thread : Millwall on 22:43 - Mar 21 with 3171 viewsRowZ

Ref Awful, pitch awful, their cheating tactics awful, McNulty awful and pretty much our entire defence awful.

Shame that the ref lost control as I feel like at times in the second half the only reason Millwall got back into it was the sheer amount of free-kicks that the ref gave them, how on earth that 50/50 was a foul when Camps went down for the head injury I'll never know!

Thought that we looked so good going forward at times and it's just a real shame we didn't put away our chances, until the 80th min we 1000% deserved the 3 points, NML look a top top quality player during spells again tonight.

Now we've got Raff back in surely he has to go to right back and McNulty drop to the bench. If we can get Davies back in the frame, along with Lund back from Northern Ireland's bench, I'm still feeling slightly optimistic, mostly due to our next 5 games being very winnable in my eyes. 12/13 to 15 points from the next 5 games would certainly make the last part of the season interesting... time to believe ;) Up The Dale
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024