Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred 08:56 - Aug 10 with 32549 viewsDorse

Since they're in my neck of the woods, thought I'd kick this one off.

Travel advice: if you're taking the train, expect delays as locals surround the station carrying pitchforks and flaming torches shouting 'Kill it! Kill the metal snake!'

Tickets still available for three groats and a chicken.

Local hostelries are famous for Scruttocks' Old Derigible scrumpy but avoid it if you don't like drinks served with bits of beak and feathers in it. Turnip on a stick can be bought at half time.

(To be fair, where I live has only just enountered Christian missionaries. We look up to Yeovil with their fancy electricity and running water.)

'Welcome to Yeovil!'
[Post edited 10 Aug 2015 9:00]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 22:31 - Aug 11 with 3859 viewsLblock

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 22:25 - Aug 11 by FredManRave

I think we can all agree it's been a much better Match Thread than LBlocks effort on Saturday so, well done Dorse.

Saturdays Match Thread should be even better...

Okay, okay, okay.

Never again will a match thread I start

With all the fizzy pop and excitement I also lost £35 to the bookies after my rare glimmer of positivity on Saturday

point taken Fred.. point taken

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 22:46 - Aug 11 with 3752 viewsVancouverHoop

Finally, I thought Onuoha played very well. Has the makings of an excellent captain.
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 22:58 - Aug 11 with 3677 viewssimmo

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 22:46 - Aug 11 by VancouverHoop

Finally, I thought Onuoha played very well. Has the makings of an excellent captain.

A goal to mark his 100th game. All hail the CHIEF!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 22:59 - Aug 11 with 3667 viewsjoolsyp

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 22:46 - Aug 11 by VancouverHoop

Agreed, he read the game perfectly. Was almost playing like a sweeper at times. Hall looked composed alongside him but I think we're going to need someone like Ream to play with Chief in order to cope with the better Championship sides.

We had good shape tonight and it was a thoroughly professional performance. Dare I say it we are beginning to look like we have a plan in terms of how Ramsey wants us to play. A little too Swansealona for me in the first quarter of the game - lots of passing along the back line, Doughty coming to get the ball like a quarter-back but without creating much going forward until the goals. Yeovil had a little passage of play at the start of the second half where they poured forward in numbers but we coped pretty well with it and Greeno made a very good save to keep them out.

I'm still in shock that I've actually witnessed us win a cup game ...
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 23:18 - Aug 11 with 3581 viewsbatmanhoop

just got in, done a professional job on a poor Yeovil side. Well done the 1,000 odd r's who made the effort
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 23:29 - Aug 11 with 3512 viewsPunteR

I didn't see the match but LFW was on form tonight. What a difference a win makes.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 23:32 - Aug 11 with 3507 viewsPommyhoop

Enjoyed that. Yeah I know it was a poor Yeovil side but 'sides put in front of you and all that'.
Well done CR and the lads.
It was a good stream as well.
Hoilett is a fat SWP.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred (n/t) on 23:32 - Aug 11 with 3507 viewsPunteR

[Post edited 11 Aug 2015 23:35]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 00:18 - Aug 12 with 3398 viewsBrightonhoop

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:42 - Aug 11 by BAWHoops

Don't think the opposition were up to much, but that was thoroughly professional.

Hall, Kpekwa, Doughty and Polter did well.
JET showed a couple of lovely touches and physicality second half
Expected more from Gladwin

A few selection dilemas for Ramsey ahead of Cardiff

Objective is, and you can only, beat what is in front of you. Rednapps dilema was Burton, thank fook he has since gone for a burton. Walking in a cup run glow,one game is a cup run for us. REJOICE! hehe
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 01:35 - Aug 12 with 3302 viewsbarbicanranger

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 23:32 - Aug 11 by Pommyhoop

Enjoyed that. Yeah I know it was a poor Yeovil side but 'sides put in front of you and all that'.
Well done CR and the lads.
It was a good stream as well.
Hoilett is a fat SWP.

It seems as if all the new players have bought in to CR's ethos of lose the ball and chase back as hard as you can to win it back, it was great seeing Polts and JET doing this on several occasions. Then on came Hoilett, lost the ball in one of his first moves and just sauntered back... It was a poignant moment for me; highlighted the contrast in approach.
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 02:36 - Aug 12 with 3255 viewsFDC

Genuinely relieved to wake up to this result. A loss would have been a major blow and I'd have feared for the response from the natives. Instead two strikers are off the mark and it sounds like there were some good performances. Onwards and upwards and twirling, twirling, always twirling towards freedom.
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 02:38 - Aug 12 with 3251 viewsitsbiga

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 02:36 - Aug 12 by FDC

Genuinely relieved to wake up to this result. A loss would have been a major blow and I'd have feared for the response from the natives. Instead two strikers are off the mark and it sounds like there were some good performances. Onwards and upwards and twirling, twirling, always twirling towards freedom.

Yeovil were gash tho, don't get too happy.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 02:59 - Aug 12 with 3223 viewsFDC

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 02:38 - Aug 12 by itsbiga

Hush now, surely this is all the indication we need that we're going to piss this division, and the one after that, and take our rightful place as Champions of Europe?

Yeah sure, but it wouldn't have been out of character to suffer a humiliating defeat, especially with such a new team. Just really glad that wasn't the case, and a win in a competitive match, no matter who the opposition, can only be a good thing at this stage.
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 03:01 - Aug 12 with 3223 viewsnix

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 02:38 - Aug 12 by itsbiga

Yeah but since 2000 we've lost to the mighty: Colchester Utd, Yeovil, Northampton, Bristol City, Leyton O (twice), Vauxhall Motors, Southend, Grimsby T, Northampton, Port Vale (twice), Luton, Rochdale, Milton Keynes, Swindon T, Burton Albion, Sheffield Utd - as well as a few good clubs. I mean, Vauxhall Motors?!

Bloody miracle we've won against anyone.

Think we should all raise a smile....
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 03:22 - Aug 12 with 3208 views18StoneOfHoop

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 02:36 - Aug 12 by FDC

http://www.skysports.com/football/yeovil-vs-qpr/report/339528

Chris Ramsey narrowly escapes lynching by LFW rightwing faction impatient mob

FDC writes poetically: "Onwards and upwards and twirling, twirling, always twirling towards freedom."

We're just like our East End cuz, innit for true?..."Fortune's always hiding.."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yeovil match fred much happier reading than the Charlton one. Phewth

Nice one all my LFW Brothers,Scotty63 and SoG

Truly I say unto you:
" Victory has a thousand fathers
And defeat is an orphan..."
[Post edited 12 Aug 2015 4:14]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 05:05 - Aug 12 with 3126 views18StoneOfHoop

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 03:22 - Aug 12 by 18StoneOfHoop

http://www.skysports.com/football/yeovil-vs-qpr/report/339528

Chris Ramsey narrowly escapes lynching by LFW rightwing faction impatient mob

FDC writes poetically: "Onwards and upwards and twirling, twirling, always twirling towards freedom."

We're just like our East End cuz, innit for true?..."Fortune's always hiding.."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yeovil match fred much happier reading than the Charlton one. Phewth

Nice one all my LFW Brothers,Scotty63 and SoG

Truly I say unto you:
" Victory has a thousand fathers
And defeat is an orphan..."
[Post edited 12 Aug 2015 4:14]

Ramsey happy to see R's advance into round two ...

Head Coach delighted to be in round two of the Capital One Cup
Ramsey full of praise for home-grown midfielder Michael Doughty
Goalscorer Nedum Onuoha also praised on his 100th R’s appearance
R’S HEAD Coach Chris Ramsey praised his side for a positive, professional performance in the 3-0 win against Yeovil Town in the Capital One Cup first round.

First half goals from Sebastian Polter and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas — their first in QPR colours — put Rangers in the ascendancy at the break, before Nedum Onuoha capped his 100th Hoops appearance with a close-range strike to clinch a comfortable victory.

Ramsey told www.qpr.co.uk: “I was very pleased with the manner of the performance.

“The boys applied themselves very positively from the outset and that set the tone for the rest of the match.

“I think Yeovil gave a good account of themselves, but we just had too much for them in the end.

“We knew we would have a battle on our hands coming here, but the lads stood up to the task, delivered the game-plan and as a result we’re in the next round of the Cup, which is great for the fans.”

He added: “Goals breed confidence and the two new front players — Polts and Jay — will be pleased to get off the mark.

“I thought Polts worked his absolute socks off up front on his own and he deserved his goal.

“Jay took his well too, coming in at the back post which I want him to do, so all in all, it was a good night.”

After seeing his side totally orchestrate proceedings in the first period, Yeovil came out battling in the second half, only for Onuoha to effectively end the contest with the all-important third on 56 minutes.

“The third goal came at a good time for us — and I was delighted for Nedum,” said Ramsey.

“I couldn’t rest or settle down until that third goal went in — but once it did I could relax a little.

“What pleased me most after that though was the way we kept going, right until the end.”

On a night when Ramsey made seven changes to the starting XI from Saturday’s opening day league defeat at Charlton Athletic, he pinpointed the performance of a home-grown player, Michael Doughty, in the heart of the Hoops midfield.

“I thought Michael was excellent,” he said.

“I’m really pleased for him, because he’s worked really hard for that performance tonight.

“I thought he was man of the match tonight — he played really well.”

Ramsey also reserved praise for skipper Onuoha, on his 100th appearance for the club, adding: “He was excellent.

“He’s been brilliant since the first day he reported back for pre-season.

“He leads by example and — on his 100th appearance — alongside Michael, the pair of them were exceptional tonight.”

Finally, Ramsey praised the travelling 1,101 R’s fans, commenting: “They’re unbelievable — I say it every week.

“They never cease to amaze me with the support they show the club — and myself and the players, as well as all the staff, really appreciate it.

“That win was for them tonight — to travel as they did, on a midweek night, is exceptional.”

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 05:55 - Aug 12 with 3078 viewsMelakaRanger

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:41 - Aug 11 by RickyDicky

Nice to see players wanting the ball. Lots of chasing back aswell to get possession back. Not a bad show.

Yes that was noticeable and particularly the way Polter just didn't give up when fighting for the ball - resulting in his goal.

But it was clear to me that Yeovil were a team a good 2 divisions lower than us. This was men against boys.

To win, win away and to score 3 goals will do wonders for morale and belief. But the true test comes on Saturday where the opposition will be much stronger than tonight.

For me Polter was MOM.

Oh and that strip we played in. Awful. Truely awful.
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 07:36 - Aug 12 with 2973 viewsHarrowRoadR

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 05:55 - Aug 12 by MelakaRanger

Yes that was noticeable and particularly the way Polter just didn't give up when fighting for the ball - resulting in his goal.

But it was clear to me that Yeovil were a team a good 2 divisions lower than us. This was men against boys.

To win, win away and to score 3 goals will do wonders for morale and belief. But the true test comes on Saturday where the opposition will be much stronger than tonight.

For me Polter was MOM.

Oh and that strip we played in. Awful. Truely awful.

I liked the strip. ☺️
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 07:38 - Aug 12 with 2968 viewsJonDoeman

Impressed with the strength Polter showed for his goal. Strog as a bloody OX that boy.

It Is What It Is !!

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 08:20 - Aug 12 with 2901 viewsYorkRanger

Really pleasing result, more match time under the belt and a chance for other members of the squad to have a run out. Surprising some are saying its only Yeovil, given the teams that have knocked us out of cup competitions in the past. Another step on the path we are taking.

One or two notable absentees from this thread.....
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 13:32 - Aug 12 with 2675 viewsJonDoeman

Nice pic.

It Is What It Is !!

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 20:51 - Aug 12 with 2587 viewsGetMeRangers

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 22:59 - Aug 11 by joolsyp

Agreed, he read the game perfectly. Was almost playing like a sweeper at times. Hall looked composed alongside him but I think we're going to need someone like Ream to play with Chief in order to cope with the better Championship sides.

We had good shape tonight and it was a thoroughly professional performance. Dare I say it we are beginning to look like we have a plan in terms of how Ramsey wants us to play. A little too Swansealona for me in the first quarter of the game - lots of passing along the back line, Doughty coming to get the ball like a quarter-back but without creating much going forward until the goals. Yeovil had a little passage of play at the start of the second half where they poured forward in numbers but we coped pretty well with it and Greeno made a very good save to keep them out.

I'm still in shock that I've actually witnessed us win a cup game ...

We have had managers in the past who have shaken up the team and those have taken to the field and reflected that they were only ever second thoughts. The biggest difference for me, was that Ramsey seemed to have instilled that not only should they go out and play to win but whatever they do will be taken into account as he moves towards his settled 11

Will the game live long in the memory? No. Could I have spent the evening in a more enjoyable way? Nope. Really great trip and a pleasure to meet up with @losethedrum. My sons were still buzzing by the time we arrived home at just gone midnight. I'll knock that out of them with their visit to LR on Saturday
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024