Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 10:26 - Dec 2 with 948 viewskingslandstand1

To be fair Nick, has anyone said they are going to do this although it seems some are against him playing?

(to anwer your question though, no)

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 10:27 - Dec 2 with 941 viewssainti

Yes but you know what some of our fans are like.

He needs (and deserves) all the support he can get.

I think we could be in for a tough time in December so a win on Wednesday is crucial.

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 10:29 - Dec 2 with 933 viewsSaintNick

This is my point exactly

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 10:31 - Dec 2 with 926 viewssainti

Nick and I are in full agreement, I'm going to have a w*nk.

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 10:37 - Dec 2 with 924 viewsSaintNick

If I had £1 for everytime i see something along the lines of "I dont often agree with Nick but...." then i would be a millionaire.

Certain posters could pay off my mortgage for me within a month

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 11:23 - Dec 2 with 876 views1885_SFC

Against Villa, first & foremost, our back 4 need to ensure that Gazzaniga isn't called on to do too much between the sticks!

Secondly, no one has seen Gazzaniga play for a year. Perhaps he's improved a lot since we last saw him? After all, he must have learned a lot from training with Boruc during that time?

Old School is Cool

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 12:34 - Dec 2 with 826 viewsSaintNick

This is all true, if the team rally round him and we the fans do the same then it can only help us win the game

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 12:36 - Dec 2 with 826 viewsaids_victim

I am pretty sure that he'll get the right support on Wednesday, as the innernetz forums makes up a small percentage of the fanbase that go to games and the majority of that percentage get chopsy behind a keyboard, but are a sheep away from it.

TRUTHFULAIDS xx

"Del_Bianco is a class act" - Aids (28/04/14)
Poll: Who is the Innnernetz Celebrity of TUI?

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 12:37 - Dec 2 with 823 viewsSaintNick

Try telling that to Danny Fox and Guly

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 12:46 - Dec 2 with 807 viewsDel_Bianco

it's not often i agree with you but your right.

Part of A small, but perfectly formed nucleus of clueless c**ts bowling underarm, deludely thinking they're in the big leagues since December 2015
Poll: what do you prefer?

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 12:52 - Dec 2 with 801 viewsgrumpy

That comes across as somewhat arrogant, Nick.

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 13:00 - Dec 2 with 788 viewsaids_victim

Games i've been at when either of those 2 have played i've heard the odd comment around me (like with most players, some positive and some negative), but never anything loud enough from a big enough group of people. Recently, there's been more disdain for Gaston, but still nothing that has been loud enough to filter on the pitch.

Obviously you go to every game, so my experiences may be the ones where the boo boys have had a game off?

ODDAIDS xx

"Del_Bianco is a class act" - Aids (28/04/14)
Poll: Who is the Innnernetz Celebrity of TUI?

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 14:14 - Dec 2 with 736 viewsDel_Bianco

A couple of times at home i've heard loud boos for Guly when he's come on. also at away games in the championship, namely Doncaster and blackpool, there were large groups of fans chanting abuse at Guly.

IMO he has had more abuse than Fox but both of them are victims of the boo boys. Both of them have always given 100% and did good jobs in the championship, at the level they were signed to play at.

Part of A small, but perfectly formed nucleus of clueless c**ts bowling underarm, deludely thinking they're in the big leagues since December 2015

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 14:18 - Dec 2 with 723 viewssainti

The stick given to Fox in his last home appearance (Swansea I think) was embarrassing.

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 14:41 - Dec 2 with 701 viewsDel_Bianco

Its strange why Saints fans feel the need to get on the backs of so many players, even more off that the so many of them say it's the best time to support the club in years. We've been on a huge upward trajectory and been more successful in terms of results on the pitch than in anytime in recent history, yet still people have whipping boys, it's very odd. It certainly wasnt ever like this at the Dell when we battled relegation every season and had some terrible players. I dread to think the abuse some players would have got if they'd been playing now.

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 14:55 - Dec 2 with 697 viewsThermosNBlanket

Sorry Del - time must have faded your memory - Melia, Chatterley and Benali are 3 who spring straight to mind who got boo'ed far more than Guly or Fox ever do.
Melia and Chatterley did deserve it though .....

Lifes a marathon not a sprint

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 15:11 - Dec 2 with 682 viewsDel_Bianco

Melia and Chatterley were before my time. Benali did get some stick, but i dont ever remember hearing large sections of the crowd booing him or chanting abuse at him like Guly has got.

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 15:22 - Dec 2 with 677 viewsThermosNBlanket

Trust me they did..especially when he put the umpteeth clearance into row Z.

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 15:43 - Dec 2 with 656 viewssainti

Never understood it, never will.

And also you have tw*ts like alpine on Saintsweb calling Ramirez and Osvaldo 'parasites' just because they have (so far) failed to live up to expectations. Pathetic.

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 15:57 - Dec 2 with 645 viewsDel_Bianco

Im sure they did, but the thing i find odd is that neither Guly or Fox have been that bad. They were both actually pretty good in the championship and Guly weighed in with quite a few goals and Fox was one of our highest assist providers. They were signed for that level and did their jobs. We've also been winning and playing good football, i cant imagine what it would be like if we were playing badly and losing most weeks. It seems to be the fashionable thing to get on their backs whilst players like De Ridder and Lee are popular despite contributing very little other than running around.

THe likes of Hammond, Harding and Sharp werent good enough to play in the premier league either but as they were moved on they are now remembered as heroes part of a great journey rather than terrible players who the fans should abuse.

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 16:10 - Dec 2 with 634 viewsThermosNBlanket

Tadanari Lee is the one...he gets better every week he is missing - scored one cracker then disappeared a bit like Jordan Robertson although he was at Staplewood yesterday.

Before the last injury Guly was actually playing really well. Fox is just not up to this league - not his fault he wasn't bought for it. The one big issue I have with him is his positional sense and again surely that should be the manager or coaching team that tells him stop staying in the middle and give us a bit of width.

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 16:22 - Dec 2 with 623 viewsStBaz

Alan Ball wanted to leave, at one time, because of the stick he was getting.

More CITD than ITK

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 16:45 - Dec 2 with 600 viewsSaintNick

I didnt mean it to be arrogant

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 16:56 - Dec 2 with 590 viewsSaintNick

Melia was before my time too, I just about remember Lew Chatterley and i do remember him not exactly being the favourite of the crowd, although I dont think he could have received that much abuse given that he only played 7 league games plus 2 as sub with another 3 games in the Texaco cup (with thanks to the new book )

Out of those league games 6 of them were away from home of the games at the Dell he only made one start plus two appearances as a sub, so opportunities to abuse Lew were few and far between.

Benali did get stick, but it was usually just kept to a bit of abuse when he made the mistake, he wasnt punished for it the next game because the crowd back then saw him as one of our own and knew he would always give 100%

Sad to see how he is treated now

Time To Back Gazzaniga on 16:59 - Dec 2 with 587 viewsDel_Bianco

in nearly 30 years of going to games regularly Guly is the only player i've heard groups of our own fans chant abuse at due to his supposedly poor performances and he and Fox are the only two i can remember hearing being booed when they came on as a sub.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024