Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armchair fans 18:53 - Jan 19 with 14322 viewsspiritofshittu

I see a lot of negativity today from the armchair brigade, let's wait and here some valued opinions from those at the game today, rather than those who listened to Sky Sports commentaties or who watched a rubbish stream on a picture the size of a postage stamp.

It's time to back Harry, the players and any team selection for four months and then do the maoning, it is a definite improvement on Hughes that is for sure.

Players working hard for the hoops, that's all we can ask for.

Armchair fans on 11:13 - Jan 20 with 1428 viewss1cRanger

'shows that there are some really awful posters on this site.... '

Ha. Dig upwards SoS

You are welcome to your opinion but putting a post like this you have to expect some sort of backlash from fans. You would get it on any football forum. Messageboard posters are a small minority of fans that attend the games and most use them to discuss the game from their own view and to gain a better understanding of what happened in games from other posters.

Saying that others fans are not qualified to comment on a game just because they watched the live stream or listened to the radio comms is very narrow minded. I take it you are a season ticket holder that hasn’t missed a game for the last 5 years then?

Armchair fans on 11:49 - Jan 20 with 1403 viewsJonDoeman

Saw what I think was you there yesterday..............So you can comment ;)

It Is What It Is !!

Armchair fans on 11:52 - Jan 20 with 1400 viewsTheBlob

That Dale eh?Some of those questions on the Lottery show last night.....I mean,who the f*ck knows about Rap?
Sort it out Dale.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Armchair fans on 12:01 - Jan 20 with 1393 viewsted_hendrix

I'll write a book one day about the Rockmobile, lol etc

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Armchair fans on 12:23 - Jan 20 with 1371 viewsspiritofshittu

Saying that others fans are not qualified to comment on a game just because they watched the live stream or listened to the radio comms is very narrow minded...

How can you comment on a game from listening to a radio commentary?

Armchair fans on 12:25 - Jan 20 with 1363 viewsTheBlob

Maybe they've got a vivid imagination Dale.

Armchair fans on 12:30 - Jan 20 with 1357 viewsNW5Hoop

I was there. We were very lucky to get a point.

And I think someone watching on a decent quality stream probably had a better perception of the game than I did in the back corner of the away end at Upton Park, where the far end looked like a mirage. So, yes, it is unfair to say you can't really have an opinion on a game you were not at.

Armchair fans on 13:29 - Jan 20 with 1334 viewsscottjones

Re my earlier comment.

SoS is a mentalist twunt. Personal opinion, from experience. And this thread is utter BS.

However, him, his brother and their late father did a shed load for QPR... When we desperately needed it. So, I think we should give him some slack.

That's a rare nice a comment as he'll get from me.

Armchair fans on 14:29 - Jan 20 with 1302 viewscjc

Yeh the bloody cheek of all these Sofa so no good lot.

Whats even worse are the intl's and managers who comment on MoftheDay, Sky sports and all the rest, when they have not even been to the games.
Absolutley Incredible, just because they have been in the game and have the advantage of 50 different camera angles they think they have a valued opinion. Muppets and liabilities, who know Nuffin about nuffin, that's what I say.
What next hey, you'll have people that will say the sinking of the TItanic was a disaster, how do they know when they weren't even born. Bunch of tw@ts the lot of these so called people, oooohhh it gets right under my skin.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Armchair fans on 14:30 - Jan 20 with 1295 viewsTheBlob

He's never been the same since Dale Or No Dale got cancelled.

Armchair fans on 14:45 - Jan 20 with 1279 viewscjc

You will not believe it, you won't I just heard Mourinho commenting on the Barcelona v Malaga game last Wednesday, I mean what a numpty!. The sheer gall of im, in all honesty he needs his arse slapped. Thank god the presenter told him to wind his neck in, just sit there and look pretty.

Unfeckinbelievable.

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Armchair fans on 06:29 - Jan 21 with 1221 viewsderbyhoop

Op was arrogant.
Armchair fans with half a brain could tell that we were fortunate to get a point when getting absolutely battered.
By may, it may seen like one of great value or it may be just another consolation. From the stream I watched, we couldn't keep the ball and barely created anything for 80% of the game. Grateful to cedar and the defensive side but thought that neither swp nor Jackie were effective. Traore was an improvement. Bothroyd for mackie might have worked if betty had played like he did Tuesday.
We might stay up but the opportunities for the 7 wins I believe we will need are disappearing fast.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Armchair fans on 07:31 - Jan 21 with 1206 viewsaussiehoop

I'll bite.

If we're talking about viewing the game via a stream on a laptop, then yeah it's not the most dependable thing to watch. For some that's their only option though. You need to be careful not to belittle.

If you can't tell from the username, getting to home or away games is a tad difficult. As Pommyhoop mentioned earlier though, we get all games live here... I'd wager I can form a pretty decent opinion of a game from my armchair with the help of the plasma. I think what some also don't appreciate is the ungodly hours some of us wake up at just to watch the R's. I know work's been very unimpressed with me on many an occasion, rocking in with no sleep, bleary eyed with a client visit scheduled first thing in the morning.

These posts are always pretty trivial and to be fair it's been a while since we've had one... I do always wonder how some posters can actually view a game with their heads so firmly up their arse but that's another thread :)

Armchair fans on 08:59 - Jan 21 with 1175 viewssimmo

Anybody that watched a stream probably saw more than the people that went considering the shite ground level seating at West Ham. If it wasn't for the screen next to us I dont think I'd have seen anything that wasn't near our goal.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024