Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who are the mercenaries? 22:41 - Dec 23 with 6745 viewsnoauthority

Ok lot's of talk of many a mercenary in the Rs squad. Beyond possibly Boswinga (rumour is he didn't track back a couple of times), just which players do you think they are? And more importantly why are they a mercenary?

Note: their salary is irrelevant all footballers are grossly overpaid these days, basically if their salary alone makes them a mercenary then all players are...

Convince me i.e. explain ideally with supporting examples/evidence...

who are the mercenaries? on 22:45 - Dec 23 with 5592 viewsbaz_qpr

Whilst I agree with the point you are making. Granero started out with the best of intentions but this has clearly deteriorated into a 6 month paid holiday with a trip around the UKs art galleries. He clearly cannot be bothered any more.

Many of the others I think fall into the overpaid very average / below average at this level bracket

who are the mercenaries? on 22:48 - Dec 23 with 5578 viewsTacticalR

Aren't we completely misusing the word 'mercenaries'? A mercenary fights for money. There ought to be a new word for someone who won't fight for money.

Air hostess clique

who are the mercenaries? on 22:51 - Dec 23 with 5567 viewsTW_R

Lazy f*cker?

who are the mercenaries? on 22:52 - Dec 23 with 5563 viewsBilly_Kershaw

DILLIGAF's?

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

who are the mercenaries? on 22:56 - Dec 23 with 5542 viewsRoller

That is a good point. Is thieves too emotive?

who are the mercenaries? on 22:56 - Dec 23 with 5540 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Sreknaw, Stnuc, Stawt??
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

who are the mercenaries? on 23:26 - Dec 23 with 5497 viewsNorthernr

In the QPR sense of the word I presume we're referring to people earning, as Redknapp said yesterday, far far far too much money for the ability they have and /or what they're giving the club. So if you'd like a list of those from the current squad I'd offer up

Those who are earning far more than their ability should really allow:
Green
Onuoha
Diakite
Ferdinand
SWP
Zamora

Those who are being paid for more than their effort level should really allow:
Ferdinand
SWP
Zamora
Granero
Bosingwa
Hoilett

And those who are playing well, well, well within the standards they've previously achieved:
Cesar
SWP
Granero
Bosingwa
Hoilett
Zamora
Park
Diakite
Cisse

who are the mercenaries? on 23:43 - Dec 23 with 5473 viewsNov77

And we're still technically employing someone who has publicly admitted that he "only came for the money"..........Barton.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

who are the mercenaries? on 00:13 - Dec 24 with 5429 viewsNorthernr

Who fits into all three of my lists.

who are the mercenaries? on 00:14 - Dec 24 with 5427 viewsnoauthority

Too drunk to reply now in full now, some interesting replies...two things spring to mind

a. yes the word mercenaries is entirely misused in this context

b. northern good list and more than an elaboration on the original point. interesting thing, on first consideration/response a large amount of what you are saying appears to reference under-performance or lack of ability rather than lack of effort. that suggests an entirely different conclusion to me.

Sleep time.

who are the mercenaries? on 04:51 - Dec 24 with 5349 viewsBklynRanger

I don't know who the mercenaries are. We'd have to demand a candid chat with most of them to find out. The idea being to figure out which multi-millionaire put money above everything else in their choice to come to us.

Very hard to tell tbh. I know we're very quick to point the finger at people like SWP and Anton, but are they mercenaries because they came for the money or 'mercenaries' because they're far, FAR.................FCUKING FARRRR shitter than their weekly wages indicate? I think in that case it's mainly (but not entirely) the second one.

Cesar might be one - good keeper, likable bloke but came for the culture and the chance to coach - coaching counting as an intangible currency to these pampered types

who are the mercenaries? on 08:25 - Dec 24 with 5250 viewsparker64

At Arsenal at half time JC was more interested in having a hug with his partner than getting into the changing room. This says it all. Can you imagine that happening at any other club. It's the sort of thing you see at a pub game on a Sunday except the keeper might have a fag in his mouth.

Hughes: Where's JC guys?
Team: No idea boss, last time I saw he was walking over to the other side of the pitch to chat to his girlfriend.

who are the mercenaries? on 08:36 - Dec 24 with 5227 viewsRs_Holy

Leach, Blood sucker, Money grabber, Free loader, Carpet bagger,

who are the mercenaries? on 09:14 - Dec 24 with 5173 viewsdaveB

to be fair to Cesar he did produce two world class saves in the second half at arsenal so i'm not to bothered if he wanted to say hello to his girlfriend for 30 seconds rather than rush back to the dressing room

for me Bosingwa is the main one but agree with clives list of players who have done better elsewhere bit not producing it anymore

Cisse has done this all his career, comes in as a hired gun, scores loads of goals then seems to get bored and moves on with 18 months, i don't hold that against him though, i think messi would have struggled to score for us on saturday the way we played

who are the mercenaries? on 09:16 - Dec 24 with 5167 viewsWrightUp5hit___

DILLIGAF's?

Now who's a Kevin "Bloody" Wilson fan then, he'd give a storming team talk

who are the mercenaries? on 09:31 - Dec 24 with 5152 viewsMelakaRanger

+1

And yes. Mercenaries 'fight' so by definition we have none of these in our squad. What we do have in our squad is a good many lazy, gutless, self indulgent and well past their sell by date men who play football. They are not professional footballers, as a professional takes pride in his job and seeks to carry out his job to the best of his abilities for the benefit of his client.

who are the mercenaries? on 10:22 - Dec 24 with 5088 viewsdavman

"British" seems to fit that in many other parts of life these days...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

who are the mercenaries? on 10:26 - Dec 24 with 5081 viewsHeadington

Wondering which category for Mbia, Traore and Fabio? I thought that using Mbia and Diakite in defensive midfield (like he did against Sunderland) might be the solution for away matches.

who are the mercenaries? on 11:14 - Dec 24 with 5025 viewspogle

Somebody should ask Redknapp if he earns less now than he did at Spurs ! Bet he don't .
And who was it that signed all the mercaneries at Pompey ?
Maybe Twitch should think before he speaks.

who are the mercenaries? on 14:41 - Dec 24 with 4917 viewsGloucs_R

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,16426_8355404,00.html

Be interesting to see who he is planning on bringing in. It would seem that its all going to be done and dusted early in Jan.

Poll: Are we staying up?

who are the mercenaries? on 14:52 - Dec 24 with 4894 viewsisawqpratwcity

Presume you mean relegated? Hasn't he said that we need a chance before he goes out spending?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

who are the mercenaries? on 14:57 - Dec 24 with 4874 viewsJamie

The 'in touch' soundbite was pure media fodder. Said on SSN this morning he will be bringing a few in.

who are the mercenaries? on 14:58 - Dec 24 with 4872 viewsEalingRanger

Agree with Northernr's lists completely except that Cisse should be on the second one. Barely been bothered this season.

who are the mercenaries? on 15:02 - Dec 24 with 4861 viewstom007

i agree with melaka

for me the problem is that a lot of the players we got in couldnt make the 1st teams at the clubs they came from yet appear to have come here either on the same money or in some instances on more money.
now you tell me that is good business.
we are paying under achievers to play for us as if we can get better out of them.
could it be they were no good in the 1st place otherwise they would have not been let go in the 1st place.
i dont think they have underperformed they are just crap anyway and the teams they came from probably could not believe their luck that naive idiots were willing to take them off their hands in the 1st place.

who are the mercenaries? on 15:03 - Dec 24 with 4861 viewsisawqpratwcity

So, he hasn't written us off yet?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024