Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Elephant in the Room - Lampard 16:22 - Dec 18 with 3208 viewsWokingR

Is everyone as uncomfortable as I am with the suggestion that Fat Frank will come and join Uncle Harry in January?
He's not a bad player and could certainly do a job of filling in for Adel for a few weeks while he is away on ACON duty however it is hard to like him. It's not just the Chelsea thing either.
I think my daughter summed it up last night in telling me "he's just so gay dad"
I think this might even be him

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 10:08 - Dec 19 with 846 viewsMelakaRanger

This is why!

Midfielders at the club (assumed fit in January)

M'Bia - a good player getting better each week
Diakite - a good player who seems to be getting worse
Faurlin - a good player getting better
Derry - hot & cold - regretfully too old to play week in week out
J S Park - you are joking?? The longer he stays out the team the better
Dyer - again we will be lucky to see him play more than one or two games
Adel - Away at ACON for many weeks
Hoilett (His Profile says he is a striker?) - well what has he done for us really?
SWP - again, you are joking?
Granero - lost the plot, doesn't want to be here and probably wont be
Ephraim - not prem quality
Ehmer - ditto
Sutherland - ditto
Doughty - ditto

So really M'Bia and Faulin then and Adel when hes back. Oh and Derry for maybe 1/3 rd of the remaining games.

I would rather have Lampard for 5 months in the team than, Diakite, Park, Dyer, SWP & Granero, especially as we are fighting for survival. And if he costs 75 grand a week for 20 weeks then so be it. I suspect in 5 months he would score more goals than the combined midfield listed above has done in the past 12 months - including Adel.

If you have a fire then send for fire fighters. Most every name in your midfield list are in no way firefighters or indeed fighters of any description.

I would be prepared to leave my prejudices aside for 5 months in the cause of the greater good

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 10:19 - Dec 19 with 837 viewsA40Bosh

Ok,

So let's be clear, first off I dont get the anti Lampard Fat Frank thing - although I was quite prepared to join in vociferously with the "She looks like a horse" chanting at him whenever he took a corner near us when we were 5-0 down at Stamford Bridge last season, but that was just out of pure spite for us getting spanked.

Now, all I did was provide a list of the current midfielders we have at the club and passed no comment on the general quality, but where I think your argument fails is that you merely risk adding to the list of has beens, no longer wanted by their clubs, looking for a decent last pay day mercenaries who are not up for a relegation battle. If it was Hughes still at the helm and we were still no nearer winning a game, then yes perhaps, but again it is desperation, because although he should be as good if not classed as better than any of our midfielders, that was in a good Chelsea squad who have been consistently in the top 4 in the last few years. Taking someone who is going to be cast aside by Chelsea and is not in their long term plans next season, paying him mega bucks, proclaiming him as the short term answer to our woes, will probably just bring more discord to the dressing room not enhance it.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 10:23 - Dec 19 with 827 viewsA40Bosh

Agreed, consistent and proven elsewhere and that is the problem.

If you had stuck Messi in our under-performing side every game August do you think he would be in double figures yet?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 10:34 - Dec 19 with 820 viewsPommyhoop

Agree with this.He could be another like Park,looks great when surrounded by world class players but not so great when the standard around him drops.
Would he have got 3 goals in 8 if he was in our midfield?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 10:47 - Dec 19 with 806 viewsTheBlob

To be fair to Mr. Messi I don't think he'd be in double figures in the Prem no matter who he played for.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 10:55 - Dec 19 with 801 viewsBeds_Ranger

Is this still the same rumour started by Harry a few weeks ago in his press conference? The one where he was taking the piss about frank not wanting to win medals and the league?
If so, can you lot get back to licking windows!

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 11:05 - Dec 19 with 797 viewsCamberleyR

I'd always thought it stemmed from his West Ham days when he was probably carrying a bit of spare timber.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 11:15 - Dec 19 with 786 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 12:30 - Dec 19 with 767 viewsingeminate

I used to really hate him. Now I can't really remember why. OK he's Chelsea and he's got oe of those faces, but to be fair he generally comes across as pretty articulate, rumours are he can't stand Terry, he's forever scoring goals. I don't know, I think I'd probably quite like him at the Rangers- can't see it happening though.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 12:39 - Dec 19 with 761 viewsW7Ranger

I thought him and "JT" were pretty close mates?

Is this not the case?

Even more reason to sign him up then!!!

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 13:00 - Dec 19 with 755 viewsWokingR

Seriously though lads, I can't believe the number of numptys on here asking why he is called fat when he isn't.
Do some googling and find the Joey Barton story

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 21:02 - Dec 19 with 713 viewsTGRRRSSS

Do people think Terry generally a popular likeable sort???...
No idea if Frank likes him or not but he must know him better than most.
I think it's one of those things where people see them playing together year in year out and assuming, he's backed his team mate now and then but most of us would want QPR players to back each other publicly???

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 04:13 - Dec 20 with 667 viewsWatfordR

Why don't we just sign Lampard, Terry and Colehole and be done with it?

FFS some of you lot should be ashamed of yourselves. If Lampard comes here, it will be because of the lovely 'Arry looking after his own like he has always done. A nice fat contract for a Scummer has been that couldn't give a toss about anything or anyone other than himself and who won't contribute one bead of sweat towards the cause.

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 07:14 - Dec 20 with 651 viewsBazWoT

After his last two performances, as captain, I'd be amazed if he came to us.

I'll be more amazed if Chels*** don't offer him at least another year.

Still think Monaco is more likely than us.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 09:33 - Dec 20 with 626 viewsbaz_qpr

Where do we play him though, out of all those linked I'd probably take Anelka but the question for all of them, is do they still have it

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 09:43 - Dec 20 with 605 viewsnadera78

QPR signing Frank Lampard would undoubtedly be the greatest indictment of Tony Fernandes and his fellow board members. It would demonstrate the ultimate in short termism, again, and prove beyond doubt that absolutely nothing had been learned from the past 18 months. The continuation of their disastrous policy of singing 'names' would ensure that the good ship QPR is on a collision course with some very nasty looking rocks 12 or 18 months down the line.

I actually find it staggering that some fans haven't learned a thing from our time in the PL and seem so desperate to continue to indulge in this fantasy football experiment with our club.

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 09:45 - Dec 20 with 604 viewsJamie

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 10:01 - Dec 20 with 586 viewssmegma

Which makes it all the more ridiculous seeing as he left the Boleyn over a decade ago. He is the third highest scorer and has won POTY 3 times I believe to go along with his wheelbarrow full of medals. Not bad for someone who is fat.Some of the comments on here are embarrassing.

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 10:22 - Dec 20 with 579 viewsBrightonhoop

I'd prefer to have syphallis than see that clunge in Hoops.

The Elephant in the Room - Lampard on 10:56 - Dec 20 with 568 viewsWallyRanger

This here.

I can't understand how anybody could want us to sign Lampard, it's a short term option again! We've been so short term since getting into the Premiership and that's exactly why we're so cr*p at the moment. On top of that it's another ex scum and we've already had enough of those this season what with SWP and Bosingwa!
Plus he's part of that scum clique alongside captain ars*hole and Cashley, right?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024