Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Manager 2012 14:02 - May 7 with 1470 viewsRoChDaLe

looking for some good players to sign at league one level with rochdale for cheap so has anyone found any wonderkids on the game and would like to share?!

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Football Manager 2012 on 14:06 - May 7 with 1461 views442Dale

Barnes-Homer at Luton.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Football Manager 2012 on 14:09 - May 7 with 1446 viewsRoChDaLe

i was expecting loads of stupid suggestions on this one - congrats you were the first.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Football Manager 2012 on 14:16 - May 7 with 1432 viewsDale_Pea

Funnily enough I only just bought Football Manager a month or so ago, started a file with England.

It's all a lot tougher than I remember it to be

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Football Manager 2012 on 14:20 - May 7 with 1416 viewselectricblue

i got a copy of FM 2010 for a £1 a while back never played it before so myself and my bro who playes set up an nonline league via hamachi.
We are in the BSS im Lewes and he is Basingstoke, he has a wage budget of £4k a week and i have a wage budget of £950 a week..
just goes to show even that far down the leagues there are major differences..

Oh and its hard.....
You try and get players on the wage budget..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Football Manager 2012 on 14:49 - May 7 with 1397 viewsNotEyreClue

Kelvin Etuhu almost always comes to you in a free if you offer him the right money

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Football Manager 2012 on 15:01 - May 7 with 1381 viewscy74

I'm in something stupid like my 23rd season, six at dale a half season at Bolton the rest at Kilmarnock. I scout Germany and Spain for free transfers pick up some real bargains also get you're youth team as good as you can

Football Manager 2012 on 18:01 - May 7 with 1320 viewsseasidedale

Tony Kane (chelsea) Fb on loan from chelsea
Kevin Williamson
Matt Smith Walsall
Livesey frm Carlisle
any youngster you can get from man u usually do the job
also play 4 4 2 with one winger higher up then other and attack works well with instructions to exploit wings and get ball forward

Football Manager 2012 on 18:42 - May 7 with 1293 viewsboromat

Just finished season 2017/2018 ended up 9th in the Premier League :-). Always look for out of contract youngster.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Football Manager 2012 on 20:07 - May 7 with 1254 viewsbaroniser

Got Vuckic from newcastle on loan for my first season. Euthyroid is always a good shout. Also signed izzy iriekpen, he was a rock at the back. Sone aluko was free when I started the game, if you've got the update he may be at rangers!

Football Manager 2012 on 23:31 - May 7 with 1197 viewsDoolan_Is_God

Pablo Counaga is worth a one-season deal on a free at the start of the game. I'm also a fan of getting Ehmer on loan from QPR for the first season. You can also pick up Gael Bigirimana on a free from Coventry (sometimes anyway) for about £1000 a week and he's class.

There's a Ghanaian centre-back/def-mid called Eric Addo as well who is on amateur terms at (I think) Eindhoven. He wants lots of money and he is prone to sulking but he's as good as any CB in League One and is gettable as Dale.

If you can get Michael Stewart to sign up (centre-mid) he's very good, but I generally get beaten by bigger clubs like Huddersfield when I try to get him. Had him a couple of times though and he did very well.

The only "wonderkid" on this list is Bigirimana but I don't generally buy young players at the start as the regens after the first season or two are generally better and cheaper.

Football Manager 2012 on 06:49 - May 8 with 1158 viewssweetcorn

Kallum Higginbotham - 20k. Good ability, potential to grow into a premier league player, can play anywhere aswel.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Football Manager 2012 on 11:53 - May 8 with 1082 viewsdale58

if you play the game as it's set up getting quality players into dale is in the first season very tough mainly cos you've very little money to spend and only 2 saleable assets either holness or widds. So you'll have to make do with the freebies like those already mentioned in the replies. One not mentioned who does a good job is josh wright. It'll take you at least 12 months to get rid of trotman for a measly 10K at best.

if you do try selling you might get about 100k for widds and id buy wagstaffe from charlton and akins from tranny they both cost about 30-50k and are very versatile.That should still leave you with a few bob to spend and you might be lucky and pick blackman up for free from chelsea (top keeper at this level). I always get the best keepers available to me bit like when cloughie bought shilts.

The best players start to arrive in your second season and you definately should be looking at free transfers frpm man u like wootton, drinkwater or northwood. After about a season+ you'll be able to sell these for about 1 million and then you can really start to build a team.

If you want to build fast then the best way to use your money is to buy players for zero initial cost but spread the full payment over 48 months. In that way 1 million will go a long way and should buy you at least 4-5 quality players.

Working this way it took me 10 seasons to start to dominate the prem and europe with McEachran, Niang and Daws the only "real" players left for me to use.

Recently I've started a new build by using the FM12 editor and the team that just ran away with league 1 was
Lorris
Santon
Dawson
Tompkins
Parr
Zen
kara--------------------------------------tromso
Johansson-------------------------------tromso
Reuben Cant remember---------------tromso
Cleverly
Wilshere (injured nearly out for the full season)
Scannel
Fleck
Messi
Whittingham
Mark Morrison
Rodriguez
Kadlec
Curtis Nelson (Plymouth wonderkid)
Ter stegan
Jack Robinson
Romario
Niang
Prestia

That team is stuffed with wonderkids and most are buyable but needless to say I did have to use the editor to get messi and wilshere plus raise dales rep to 9250 and give myself 100M to start with lol

The Avi is Dave Cross Forgotten Legend

Football Manager 2012 on 12:10 - May 8 with 1067 viewsbaroniser

Second season is always easier to sign the frees, Norwood is quality at League 1 level and decent at championship level. Cudicini is also available normally along with Adam Smith (Spurs, scored a wonder goal against us this season at MK) Clint Hill Alfie and Simeon Jackson. These can all do a job at Championship level (wages around 5k pw). If you're after a few squad players, Hernan Crespo and Robbie Blake are avaiable on frees too!

I started a season after using the editor to place ex dale players back together. My team in my first season was

Gilks
TK
Dawson
Long
Wiseman
Done
Perkins
Kennedy
Buckley
Lambert
Cog

Subs( and 5 of these):Dagnall, Grant, Widdowson, Thompson, Adams, Kurucz, Holness, Alfie, Wiggins (Charlton) Darby.
Finished top in first season and then never really touched it since!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024