Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vote Clive for supporter of the year? 13:24 - May 2 with 5689 viewss1cRanger

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~2756186,00.html

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 18:35 - May 2 with 1173 viewstre57bor

Already did so an hour ago!

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 18:56 - May 2 with 1148 viewskingsburyR

Me, I sat through

1997/1998 Sat 17 Jan Q.P.R. 0 - 0 Tranmere Rvs. League Division One  

Worst game EVER. Mate next to me fell asleep!

I'm sure they gave out free Cadbury squares at half time.

I've paid my dues!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 18:56 - May 2 with 1148 viewskingsburyR

Me, I sat through

I've paid my dues!

Me, I sat through

I've paid my dues!

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 18:59 - May 2 with 1141 viewsW7Ranger

think i went to that game!

remember them cadbury square things - they were quite nice. Think they gave them out at quite a few games if I remember rightly. Use to grab a big handful, sometimes the most enjoyable part of the afternoon was eating them things!!

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 19:19 - May 2 with 1128 viewsthame_hoops

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 21:47 - May 2 with 1089 viewsFearless

Its bad

Hope that helps

"mad" Mick hasn't missed a game all season - but I'd vote for George
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 22:45 - May 2 with 1068 viewsHunterhoop

Clive should win it for this site alone. I can't believe any QPR fan puts as many hours into "QPR" as Clive does with this site, which is unquestionably the best QPR site and probably one of the best club football sites in the country. The man writes a thousand odd words previewing the ref, for Christ's sake!

Also, and whilst not part of the award, he deserves credit for bailing me out with ASB a few times, including a debut where he won a penalty shoot out for us in a cup quarter final with 2 excellent saves. We'll gloss over the second appearance; let's just say it was windy!

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 22:57 - May 2 with 1054 viewsbob566

Clive for me but honorable mentions for Ted squaring up to bale and daihoop conducting the crowd on the scaffolding

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 23:05 - May 2 with 1040 viewsdaveB

i was at that game, was up at uni in Middlesbrough doing exams, cab was late so missed my train, had to pay an extra £60 to get the train down, just made it to Loftus Road in time for the game and sat through one of the worst games I've ever seen, got the night train back, 7 hours on a train to Darlington.

Give me the trophy

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 23:13 - May 2 with 1027 viewsTGRRRSSS

I don't think the club will be keen to er celebrate those moments

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 23:18 - May 2 with 1020 viewsDylanP

I voted for our man Clive

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 23:19 - May 2 with 1016 viewsPhilmyRs

Some of the best articles, some of the funniest lines. My best supporter backs the team till the end though, sadly that rules him out for me. Writer of the year without question, supporter not this season

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 23:29 - May 2 with 1007 viewsTGRRRSSS

My favourite ever Clive comment came in a thread just after the World Cup 2010 first game, when a player got sent off after a second bookable offence.

Tyldesley said "I have to confess I don't remember him getting a first yellow card.
Clive said "no because during the intital booking Tyldesley was talking for the 3rd time in the game about Manchester United"

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 02:59 - May 3 with 976 viewstimcocking

His articles are the proverbial dogs bollocks and he's our champion!

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 03:07 - May 3 with 961 viewstimcocking

I don't really understand that.

Clive's always backed the team.

Him saying we'll probably go down was simply being honest. 2-0 down against Liverpool and we were already relegated. It's a bleeding miracle we're still in with a shot. If he'd been writing how we'll still stay up all year, that would just have been silly and pointless.

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 03:18 - May 3 with 959 viewsBklynRanger

I think it should go to an overseas supporter this year. I nominate Nippon.

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 06:28 - May 3 with 951 viewsYorkRanger

Lovely chap Neil...does he have a magic hat too?

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 07:31 - May 3 with 944 viewsNeil_SI

That's where he and his humour are often misunderstood, he always backs the team and is willing them to win and do well in each and every game.

To be frank, QPR wouldn't be QPR without him, and there are a bunch of other fans that you can also say that about, but not many. Ian and "Mad" Mick's crew are another group who just make QPR who they are.

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 08:04 - May 3 with 926 viewsJonDoeman

Yep that's bollox.

It Is What It Is !!

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 08:09 - May 3 with 917 viewsJamie

Personally think its a tad harsh to knock Clive for being realistic and admitting the obvious that we are a bit crap really.

There are few fans that would fly back from New York to see an FA Cup game.

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 08:24 - May 3 with 908 viewsAunt_Nelly

Post of the year.

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 10:40 - May 3 with 869 viewsscottjones

has DT from AKUTRs ever won it?

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 11:18 - May 3 with 841 viewshoopsaaah

I think you can safely rule yourself and FSP out of the running Scott

Vote Clive for supporter of the year? on 12:45 - May 3 with 803 viewsPhilmyRs

I know you've been convinced we'll go down for a while now too. And I'm not knocking him because he thinks we're crap.

Look, the guy writes genuine quality articles, that also provide LOL moments. No doubting his supporter credentials either, as you say, who else would fly back from NY for a cup game. You got to love the club more than is healthy to do that. So if he won supporter of the year, probably deserved for that alone.

But personally I like it when you believe in your team surviving untill the end, even when they give you no reason to believe in them, even when everything say's you're down, even when you think the players are taking the p**s, you don't admit defeat until it's mathematically impossible.

At the end of the day the facts are we've spent most the season out the drop zone, we got a Manager who was widely acknowledged as being someone who takes time to get his ideas across, to then say we're relegated after Blackburn away, with so much still to play for isn't being a realist in my opinion, a realist was being a Wolves fan 2 weeks ago and admitting you would go down. We've always been in the fight, and even if the worst now happens on Saturday, we will still be in the fight. We've taken it until the last day.

We're small club punching above our weight,I like it when we think we can survive punching above our weight, If we were all 'realists' it would be pretty boring.

I'm not knocking NorthernR, seems a decent bloke, I'm criticising his stance, and probably yours and a few others of "we're down" post Blackburn, when in my opinion, and as it's proved, there was still/is so much to play for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024