Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hodgson 19:55 - Apr 29 with 6030 viewsdannyuk

From the BBC

"Roy Hodgson begins talks with FA over England manager's job

West Brom have granted permission for the Football Association to speak to Roy Hodgson about the vacant England manager's position.
Hodgson, 64, has already spoken with FA chairman David Bernstein about replacing Fabio Capello.
Bernstein said: "Roy is the only manager we have approached and we remain on course to make an appointment within the timescale we set out.
"Further conversations will now take place with Roy."

Hodgson on 13:11 - Apr 30 with 1456 viewsfunkkk

I'd guess they feel the same as they always did. Players are entitled to an opinion just like everybody else.

Hodgson on 14:05 - Apr 30 with 1425 viewsKingClaridge_IX

woy hodgson is a pretty old geezer
he's almost as crooked as the tower of piza

a bad manager he is very much not
he is definitely better than andy scott

he has more experience than any other choice
a true gentleman, bet he drives a rolls royce

west brom will be very sad to see him leave
next season they will be hoping for a reprieve

but hodgson will march on with the three lions
to manage england isn't exactly rocket science

we may be underwhelmed but understand this
roy hodgson is adored by the fins and the swiss

Hodgson on 14:36 - Apr 30 with 1389 viewsPDIDDY

why the fins?

Gissa job

Hodgson on 15:44 - Apr 30 with 1357 viewsfitzochris

Over this past decade it has invariably been the players that have been the problem for England, not the manager (with the exception of McLaren).

Yes, all managers have shown tactical naivety on occasion, but, in the main, the nation's lack of success has been down to the fancy dans wearing the jerseys. The Germany game at the last World Cup was a classic case in point. A team of hungry young players ripped apart a collection of overpaid 'superstars'.

No matter who the England manager is, they first have to overcome this bling culture that runs through our top clubs like a festering sore.

Only then can he create a team, as opposed to a collection of individuals.

While I reckon Roy is an experienced and tactically sound manager, I fear for his ability to win over the dressing room. This is something Redknapp would have been able to do, in my opinion.

I'm not saying this is fair or right, in fact I don't think it is, but it just seems to be the way of it in our country. It's a cultural thing. Maybe UEFA's Financial Fair Play rules will go some way to address this, but footballers will always be overpaid in this country.

Players like Beckham, who have both the ability and the desire, are rare and getting more so.

I reckon until players stop seeing playing for their country as an inconvenience and more of an honour, it won't matter who is in charge.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hodgson on 15:45 - Apr 30 with 1355 viewsboffley

Because that's what the natives of Finland (whose national team he managed) are known as. What a strange question!

Hodgson on 17:25 - Apr 30 with 1305 viewsKenBoon

From the BBC Website:
"England Supporters' Club member Mark Perryman said the FA needed to explain why it had overlooked Redknapp.

"It's almost inconceivable that they haven't approached Redknapp," he said."

Reads very similar to the geniuses at Liverpool who wanted 'King' Kenny in. What a roaring success he's been.
I think it's one of the best appointments they could have made, but I doubt he'll be allowed to succeed. There's too many dim-witted clowns who want a managerial duo of Harry Redknapp and Ian Wright (and maybe Frank Bruno as kit man?). The PEOPLES choice. Or the Armchairs choice.

I'm not saying either Hodgson or Redknapp are perfect or useless candidates. But in the modern game, i'd rather have someone who can think a good game than talk a good one.

Hodgson on 17:32 - Apr 30 with 1299 viewsTalkingSutty

Agree with all of that, the way the media suck up to Redknapp is cringeworthy. Hodgson is a good choice.

Hodgson on 18:13 - Apr 30 with 1272 viewsJumeirahDale

For the simple reason that he makes their jobs easier by disclosing his team sheet to his mates at the Sun the night before, as well as telling every man and his gran every time he's interested in buying another club's player.

Tax dodging club-destroying bellend!

Hodgson on 18:17 - Apr 30 with 1267 viewsSaxonDale

Well done to the FA on making a very brave (and imo correct) call.

Hodgson on 19:47 - Apr 30 with 1247 viewsJumeirahDale

Anyone hear Shaun Custis and Alan Green on 5 live just now? Absolute tripe.

Green - "England fans will be snoring at Wembley". How the f*ck would you know Alan?

Hodgson on 19:57 - Apr 30 with 1235 viewselectricblue

Cheey barstewards wanting to know why reknapp was over looked who said he was a candidate in the first place..
The shining light for me is a premership manager as England manager thats a plus in this job..
With Capello i was on the band wagon shouting his praises etc boy wasnt he clueless in all departments..
Good club manager but feckin useless international manager..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hodgson on 17:16 - May 1 with 1167 viewssweetcorn

Because Hodgson is renowned for negative tactics.

How Redknapp or Pardew haven't been considered, i'll never know.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Hodgson on 18:49 - May 1 with 1136 viewsJumeirahDale

The negative tactics that have given Hodgson a higher win percentage over his career than Redknapp?

I'd rather negative tactics than no tactics at all.

Hodgson on 20:47 - May 1 with 1108 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Pardew..??? Try looking at his record as a Manager beyond the last five months of the current season!!

Also, have a look at his record of managing teams against European opposition!!

Hodgson on 20:48 - May 1 with 1103 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Who does he have to win over the in the dressing room...? He hasn't picked anyone yet!!

Hodgson on 20:49 - May 1 with 1053 viewsSuddenLad

I'd take Dario Gradi before Alan Pardew.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hodgson on 21:03 - May 1 with 1041 views442Dale

Was Redknapp going to hope nobody would notice if England had Gareth Bale on the left wing?

Can see little other reason why he would get the job.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024