Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chesterfeild and the Reason for Their (Attempting) Great Escape. 19:26 - Apr 25 with 1626 viewsR442D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17824027

Just watched that and it was intresting to see Chesterfeild fan's views on to why they have come to the position they are in now.
Most blame not replacing player's before or during pre-season, which lead to the situation of relegation that they're in now.

However, I know we have many reasons to why we're now relegated, but I wondered if could you put your finger on only ONE reason or rather what you feel was the 'main reason' (like the Chesterfeild fans did) to why we have had such a terrible season and are now relegated, what would it be?

Lack of player recruitment?
Wrong manager?
Or something totally diffrent?

Now, remember no arguing, everyone is entitled to their own opinion!

Chesterfeild and the Reason for Their (Attempting) Great Escape. on 19:32 - Apr 25 with 1604 viewsisitme

The players have not been good enough.

We started the season with a squad that was light on numbers and quality in key positions. The succession of loan signings brought in numbers but did not address the quality issue. In fact only Long, Ball in his first spell and to a certain extent Darby have been a good use of the loan market.

That is why it is imperative that we start next season with a settled squad of our own players.

Chesterfeild and the Reason for Their (Attempting) Great Escape. on 21:49 - Apr 25 with 1476 viewsTalkingSutty

Pretty much agree with that. Its difficult to foster a great team spirit when half the team are loan players and the loan door is constantly revolving. The other down sound to that policy is we end up with no saleable players to help balance the books further down the line. Its false economy.

Chesterfeild and the Reason for Their (Attempting) Great Escape. on 08:16 - Apr 26 with 1363 viewsdingdangblue

Too much upheaval in such a short space of time - losing Hill,Flicker,Dawson,O'Grady,Wiseman,Done and not signing a keeper. Whoever we got as manager was always going to find it an impossible task following on from our best ever manager/team - never mind a man with no previous managerial experience.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Chesterfeild and the Reason for Their (Attempting) Great Escape. on 09:03 - Apr 26 with 1340 viewsirisaln

All that was required was a good goalkeeper.

Not one of our own or on loan were good enough.

If we had a good goalkeeping coach he would tell them
to stop standing on the six yard line!

Chesterfeild and the Reason for Their (Attempting) Great Escape. on 10:58 - Apr 26 with 1273 viewssteofthedale

Relegation was always on the cards (and may have been difficult to avoid even had Hillcroft stayed.)

Dawson's contributions at both ends of the pitch were always going to be a massive loss.

O'Grady was irreplaceable.

Dale did not play to the few strengths we had. For too much of the first half of the season, one glaring error was not starting with (my player of the season) Kennedy.

steofthedale*

Chesterfeild and the Reason for Their (Attempting) Great Escape. on 11:21 - Apr 26 with 1248 viewsD_Alien

Agree with all of the above.

I think at best, we'd have been lower mid-table even with Hillcroft in charge.

It's imperative that everyone involved with the club stops looking backwards, and I suspect that just as Hilly used to get annoyed with people referring to our history, so Coleman must be pretty pissed off with people moaning about this season.

Its gone. We all know what's happened, and pretty much why. Its fine if fans want to continue chewing the fat but in the main, its time to move on.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chesterfeild and the Reason for Their (Attempting) Great Escape. on 13:37 - Apr 26 with 1159 viewsDoolan_Is_God

Failure to replace key players has got to be the answer here. I reckon Eyre could have kept us up with Dawson, O'Grady, Dagnall and Wiseman in the squad and I don't think Hillcroft could have kept us up with the squad we had this season.

Of course it's possible that if Hillcroft had stayed on we wouldn't have lost those players or they'd have been adequately replaced.

Chesterfeild and the Reason for Their (Attempting) Great Escape. on 13:47 - Apr 26 with 1148 viewsrochedale

Completely agree.

You can't polish a turd.

But KH did often roll a turd in glitter to make it look better, look at holness, Dawson was Bobs glitter.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Chesterfeild and the Reason for Their (Attempting) Great Escape. on 14:26 - Apr 26 with 1124 viewsdingdangblue

Hilly left at the right time for his cv, he knew just how good Dawson was and what a massive influence he had on our promotion and lge 1 seasons - you just dont get future England centre halves playing at our level every day of the week. It was an impossible task to keep on replacing those players we sold and Hill probably knew that I imagine.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Chesterfeild and the Reason for Their (Attempting) Great Escape. on 14:57 - Apr 26 with 1095 viewsSFD

Hill left a bad taste the way he lied when leaving, however I firmly believe with the additions of the already lined up Perkins, Mcnulty and Davies we would have been in the play off positions now, this div has been awful this season.

Chesterfeild and the Reason for Their (Attempting) Great Escape. on 17:48 - Apr 26 with 995 viewsdebbiesfella

Dagnall left while Hill was manager.

Chesterfeild and the Reason for Their (Attempting) Great Escape. on 18:00 - Apr 26 with 979 viewsSaxonDale

Agree with that completely. Also I would question whether the players fitness levels have been as high as they were during Hill's reign. The fact that we haven't won many back to back fixtures this season surely suggests a lack of fitness in the camp. If Eyre's backroom staff recruitment was as bad as his playing staff recruitment then I seriously wonder if the new fitness coach, scout, goalkeeping coach etc have let down the manager in failing to prepare this team adequately for League 1 football.

Chesterfeild and the Reason for Their (Attempting) Great Escape. on 23:54 - Apr 26 with 836 viewsShun

Agree with this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024