Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 07:59 - Oct 26 with 12271 viewsGloucs_R

Who does everyone realistically want?

Available (or could be)..

Rowett
Eustace
Potter
Lampard (🤭)
Dean Smith
Beale the snake
Nathan Jones
Big Sam
Warnock
Scott Parker
Chris Wilder
Ince
Bowyer
McCarthy
Pardew
Toure
Leam Richardson

Potter I would have in a heartbeat (no chance he'll come here though!!). Bowyer with Galen as DoF would be interesting. I know he's currently got a club

Let's be honest, it won't be anyone from overseas.

[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 8:03]

Poll: Are we staying up?

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 22:11 - Oct 26 with 2780 viewsNed_Kennedys

You are not ‘sadly right’: it’s just your opinion.

My opinion is that Warburton needed to go: blew our transfer budget partly responsible for putting us where we are now, loaning in expensive players we didn’t need instead of getting a striker, totally blanking the youth and development teams, having a disastrous second half of his final season.

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 22:20 - Oct 26 with 2725 viewsHunterhoop

Two names no one appears to have mentioned:
- Liam Manning
- Paul Cook

Both employed but compensation would be thin.

Both lower down the leagues but have done well in League 1 (with ball playing style) and in the Champ (with no funds) respectively.

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 22:33 - Oct 26 with 2672 viewsdaveB

Where's Paul Cook now?

I think those two are good shouts for the summer, for what we need now I think they'd struggle with us

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 07:39 - Oct 27 with 2433 viewsswitchingcode

Chesterfield top of national league

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 07:57 - Oct 27 with 2380 viewsRed_Ranger

Interesting post.
All sounds very plausible and sad.
I do like looking at Ipswich and thinking they did it.

My choice would be Eustace.
Stay up.
Build from there.

FFP. - I agree with it in principle but f is it annoying

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 08:12 - Oct 27 with 2353 viewskingsburyR

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Adel.

Bring back the glory days.

I'd stick Adel at No.10 against Leicester regardless of fitness, if hes at another club or can actually walk anymore!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 08:29 - Oct 27 with 2291 viewsQPerthR

Pep seems to do a good job wherever he goes , if you look at some of the more progressive younger managers a few have worked with and under him . The latest is the Leicester manager , who’s doing a good job .

Why not look at someone within this group Man City , Arsenal or Leicester surely they would have the same working structure that has worked for pep that they would produce , obviously on a smaller budget . Instead of these tried and tested coaches that just do the rounds until they fit in somewhere and have minimal success immediately but dont really build any foundation .

We have tried everything in our past employments why not build for a long term future with a structure and type of football that would at the very least be more enjoyable than the dross that is served up lately .

We can’t get any worse and it could be enjoyable for the future . I for one am in no hurry for us to win the premier league just yet , but at least we can still dream unlike what we are doing right now stumbling towards administration

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 08:47 - Oct 27 with 2235 viewsNorthantsHoop

Our model is throw something and hope it sticks, don't think really we are the sort of club that would attract an up and coming manager/coach. If we can get Warnock in to stabilise and try and give us a fighting chance that would be good, also would not be adverse to Rowett being given the job, liked the way he has delivered at Millwall.

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 09:28 - Oct 27 with 2137 viewssdm1508

Sadly I think with the situation we find ourselves in at the moment, we have to go with a proven manager. It would be great to be able to go for a younger up and coming manager from the lower leagues or someone overseas but sometimes these types of managers need a pre season to get their ideas across. We need someone who can come in and straight away make a difference. I honestly believe the only person who fits that is Neil Warnock. I think he makes things simple. Your best players, in their best positions. Might see him give Ilias that Adel treatment and just let him go and express himself. Might even get Wilock playing again. Also it would be great hearing him mispronounce Ilias name 6 times per interview like he did with Adel

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 09:41 - Oct 27 with 2096 viewsBAWHoops

The problem with this is that do you really think Hoos, Bhatia and Ruben know about hot young coaches at other clubs?

We did it with Beale, who was brought in by Ferdinand.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 09:42 - Oct 27 with 2086 viewskernowhoop

Not sure who would be best for the job, but, bearing in mind our predicament, the first criterion is that it should be someone who can win the respect of - and get the most out of - the existing group of players. I still believe that, on paper, our players are better than a bottom three team. In any case, in the short term, we have no prospect of changing them.

Having done that, he then saves us from the drop. Then, a new plan can be drawn up.

Who can do it?

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 11:46 - Oct 27 with 1935 viewsParkRoyalR

Opinions as you say Ned and I disagree with some of your points as I always thought we were over-achieving with Warburton since the day he arrived and I watched the team he was able to field in a pre-season friendly away at Borehamwood.

I felt less hope in staying up that season than I do now and thought Warburton worked a minor miracle in bringing the players he did in such a short space of time to put together a competitive team that was'nt reliant on Oteh and Shopdipo to lead the line.

I think the fans view on Warburton, positive or negative, tends to be split on whether they got carried away with our false play-off position for a short period of time (false according to XG stats etc) and thought he subsequently failed, or whether you could see long-term he was improving our basket case of a club (where they can't even sell match-day tickets on a website to willing customers or refit the bogs in the 8 week season break).

Simon Jordan called it right for me, Warburton was sacked for over-achieving and some fans got carried away and did'nt realise the progress that was being made in so many areas, especially in calling out the dire Academy and Recruitment departments that had been allowed to under-perform for too long without any accountability.

We are now where I feared we would be, although I admit I was briefly taken in by Beale and his supposed extensive contact book of young Premier League club cast-offs who could remedy our Academy failings and improve our squad on the cheap.

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 12:08 - Oct 27 with 1891 viewsderbyhoop

Compensation may be thin, but we couldn't afford 300K for a L1 centre back. So chances of paying off another club manager's contract are virtually zero.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 15:48 - Oct 27 with 1695 viewsR_from_afar

I had thought of Cook too, he did a great job at Wigan, in trying circumstances.

A mate is an M K Dons fan and Manning was awful prior to being sacked there, although he is on fire now.

I doubt Cook would come, because of our location, unfortunately, and I also feel that only someone with a huge profile and masses of experience, like Warnock, would work with this capricious group of players, so, a coach with such an aura that the players would know that if things went wrong, everyone would assume it was their fault not that of the coach.

It's a desperate, short term solution but we are in a dire situation and need to focus on the immediate goal of surviving.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 15:57 - Oct 27 with 1648 viewsjoe90

Think GA's biggest mistake was not getting this guy on the training ground:

If he had this thread probably wouldn't exist.

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 15:57 - Oct 27 with 1646 viewsAntti_Heinola

Feel like I've been dropped into a parallel universe.
Paul Cook?

Bare bones.

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 15:58 - Oct 27 with 1640 viewsCamberleyR

Manning led Franchise FC into the L1 play offs the season before he was sacked though didn't he? Ironically losing to Ainsworth's Wycombe in the semi finals.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 16:52 - Oct 27 with 1504 viewsR_from_afar

Well, you may sneer, but he led Wigan to 18th and 14th place finishes in the Championship. The 14th place became relegation after Wigan's new owners failed to invest as promised and the club went into administration, getting deducted 12 points.

I don't think he's ideal, I'm sure our board would never consider him and I doubt he would give up on a job in which he is thriving, but he has delivered at this level and we are desperate.

To be clear, I don't think he's a better choice than Warnock and I don't think there's any chance we'll end up with him.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 18:52 - Oct 28 with 1203 viewsdigswellhoop

wilder nnnnooooo

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 18:55 - Oct 28 with 1188 viewsGloucs_R

??

Poll: Are we staying up?

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 18:57 - Oct 28 with 1175 viewsRuislipHoop

I seriously doubt the idiots who own our club will sack GA.

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 20:32 - Oct 28 with 979 viewsdigswellhoop

ryan mason?

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 20:40 - Oct 28 with 933 viewsdigswellhoop

Emma hayes

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 20:42 - Oct 28 with 927 viewsbaz_qpr

I think we have to start with basic requirements

1. Has managed or been a number 2 / Coach at a high level with previous success in the last 3-4 years i.e Championship or Prem or oversees

2. Will be the right appointment and be supported through next season so if he keeps up, amazing but if we go down will also be the right manager to rebuild

3. Is a good man manager that will not look to ostracise but work with the talents that are available

4. Can coach or will bring a coach who can gain an advantage with set pieces

5. Is not a PR appointment

I think a short term appointment would be the wrong way to go
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024