Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. 21:59 - Sep 25 with 13853 viewsqpr_1968

where do your alligiance lie....or even other...not biased at all.

we all travel from afar or near.....

me, around the corner ......wormholt road.

i've done this one before aint i.

who's going to leeds.

sorry chaps, bored and pissed.

xtc take over.
i

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 17:19 - Sep 27 with 2020 viewsenfieldargh

St Mary Abbotts
252 Portobello Road
then KIngsbury
then Harrow
Then Whetstone
Now Enfield

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 20:37 - Sep 27 with 1871 viewsNorthantsHoop

Born at UCH Euston
Wembley
Chesham
Northolt
Northampton

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 21:31 - Sep 27 with 1800 viewsE15Hoop

Yep - sounds about right!

My mum was always very keen to stress that I was conceived in Bayswater, being something of a snob, but somehow the Grove always felt more "real", particularly in those days!

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 13:45 - Sep 29 with 1565 viewsJuzzie

Bloody hell, that's where I was born too!

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 13:52 - Sep 29 with 1538 viewsMick_S

PM, mate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 14:05 - Sep 29 with 1516 viewsQPunkR

Westbourne Park.

Although to qualify that ever so slightly - born in Madrid to a Polish mother and Irish father and now live and work in Switzerland!

QPR - "shit but local"

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 14:54 - Sep 29 with 1454 viewsdutch

My nans house, where I spent a big chunk of my youth, was in Norland Gardens, entirely eradicated for the West Cross Route and the Edward Woods Estate. Technically W12, but effectively/emotionally part of North Ken? Never known what to cal it. Does anybody else remember that street?

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 15:31 - Sep 29 with 1402 viewsdmm

There's a small paragraph on Norland Gardens you might find interesting in this excellent history of Shepherds Bush. It's just a little way down from the start. https://www.richardgregory.org.uk/history/shepherds-bush-history.htm

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 15:40 - Sep 29 with 1389 viewsdutch

can't get that link to work.

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 16:14 - Sep 29 with 1348 viewsdmm

Sorry, dutch. Not sure why it doesn't work for you as it's fine for me.

Try going to his home page here and clicking on the link on there: https://www.richardgregory.org.uk/

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 17:45 - Sep 29 with 1257 viewsJuzzie

re: White City Stadium and the 1908 Olympics;

"Its main legacy is the modern Marathon distance, from Windsor Castle to Shepherd's Bush and around the track to the Royal Box - 26 miles 385 yards."

Love it!

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 18:59 - Sep 29 with 1184 viewsE15Hoop

That definitely dates us both, Juzzie!

I was born early '65 - how about you?

Apparently, they closed the hospital down as long ago as 1970, sold all those buildings off to developpers and the nursing home which now bears its name was established in Pangbourne Avenue a little while later.

So we're both relics of NHS history!

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 19:19 - Sep 29 with 1159 viewsJuzzie

July ‘67

The summer of lurrrve. Hippy child, me.

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 19:36 - Sep 29 with 1139 viewsE15Hoop

To quote Ringo, Brother Juzster, "Peace and Love"

Nice to share some common Grove history.

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 19:37 - Sep 29 with 1139 viewsqueensparker

Born Roehampton 74 to dad and family from Cleverley Estate so no chance of avoiding Rangers
Twickenham as a baby
Ealing
Kilburn
Queens Park
Now Kensal Green

Never quite left the Rangers zone (in fact I’ve got nearer every move, never quite realised that before) but it’s getting expensive clinging on. Just need a quick stint in a flat in Loftus Road and I can fk off out to the shires or seaside or Ireland
[Post edited 29 Sep 2023 19:52]

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 20:32 - Sep 29 with 1078 viewsPunteR

I was born in Queen Marys Roehampton. Barnes, Richmond, Hampton Hill, Bracknell. Ive gone the opposite direction ..lol

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 22:55 - Sep 29 with 982 viewsqprxtc

Born: Hammersmith Hospital

First home of eleven months: Godolpin Road

Next home for thirty odd (very) years: Bush Court. Opposite The Mailcoach.

Git married to a bird from North Ken, Peabodys where I now reside

Just back from The Pav with a litre bottle of Sherry.

Sayonara suckers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024