Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ukraine V England 17:33 - Sep 9 with 6835 viewsQPRSteve

74% possession and 1-0 down. Useless so far.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2023 17:35]

Ukraine V England on 17:38 - Sep 9 with 3759 viewsessextaxiboy

Just saw Hasselbaink on England's bench ..having an immediate effect . Is Ebs on the bench ?

Ukraine V England on 17:39 - Sep 9 with 3756 viewsToast_R

Madison disappointing so far and on a needless yellow.

Ukraine V England on 17:42 - Sep 9 with 3726 viewseghamranger

Ex Ranger opens his account for his country

Ukraine V England on 17:44 - Sep 9 with 3720 viewsToast_R

Learnt his trade, now look at him.

Ukraine V England on 17:51 - Sep 9 with 3681 viewsdmm

Maddison must be a good player but I've never seen it myself. I know I'm terribly biased, but he's nowhere near the player Eze is.

Ukraine V England on 17:55 - Sep 9 with 3669 viewsQPRSteve

Agree. Don't see what Maddison adds to the team. Bring on Eze!

Ukraine V England on 17:57 - Sep 9 with 3655 viewsdaveB

couple of months ago all you heard from fans and pundits was Maddison has to start, has to be in the squad etc, now he is and it's why is he starting.

Uktraine defending very well, giving England no space at all so Kane coming deep all the time. I'd expect to see Foden or Eze on soon and England to eventually win the game

Ukraine V England on 18:21 - Sep 9 with 3563 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Henderson and Rice, both playing. Why?

Ukraine V England on 18:23 - Sep 9 with 3552 viewsnix

He'll bring Foden or Rashford on. Ebbs might get five minutes at the end

Ukraine V England on 18:24 - Sep 9 with 3549 viewswesty

Totally agree. Also think he has a bit of an attitude issue

Ukraine V England on 18:24 - Sep 9 with 3545 viewsNorthernr

I'll do a longer post at the end but in the hope of triggering the LFW curse and a goal, Henderson should be nowhere near this squad for football and non-football reasons.

Ukraine V England on 18:29 - Sep 9 with 3522 viewsdenhamhoop2

Because Southgate is a cautious manager and doesn't trust his centre backs so gives them a double pivot cover in front of them

Ukraine V England on 18:30 - Sep 9 with 3522 viewsdistortR

Yeah, for me, purely on footballing terms, when Henderson dropped down to the Saudi league, he chose ££ over country.

Ukraine V England on 18:32 - Sep 9 with 3514 viewsNorthernr

Other centre backs are available.

It's not like us trying to clog the path to Leistner and Lynch, he's picking the sht centre backs.

Ukraine V England on 18:33 - Sep 9 with 3507 viewsQPRSteve

How Maguire and Henderson get in before Cook and Colback is beyond me!

Ukraine V England on 18:44 - Sep 9 with 3466 viewsdenhamhoop2

Jesus wept England drawing and we're bringing Gallagher on ahead of Eze

Ukraine V England on 18:46 - Sep 9 with 3458 viewsdenhamhoop2

Mudryk is meant to be a flying machine Walker gave him 5 yard start and still blew past him running back

Ukraine V England on 18:48 - Sep 9 with 3437 viewspaulparker

Southgate is hanging around this job like a bad smell , the best squad in decades and we have mr cautious in charge

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ukraine V England on 18:56 - Sep 9 with 3395 viewsplasmahoop

Dion Dublin was a massive pain in the arse on commentary there. It wasn't great, but he was a right whingeing old nag. Says kane should stay up front, then our best move and the goal comes from him dropping deep. Stick to homes under the hammer

Ukraine V England on 19:00 - Sep 9 with 3384 viewsjeffranger

Awful match to watch, both sides boring

Ukraine V England on 19:02 - Sep 9 with 3376 viewsdaveB

Do we drop Newcastle players as well as they took the Saudi money

Looking at some of the players in that league I'm not sure it's that big a step down

Ukraine V England on 19:06 - Sep 9 with 3350 viewsNorthernr

So I'm so club over country it's ridiculous, England is basically like the Cyclades - it's something I can do every other summer while waiting for QPR to start again. I want them to win, but I'm done with it 2 mins after full time. A lot of my mates, and my brother now, go home and away with England.

My experience of them in recent years has been sitting listening to my brother and Simmo moan throughout the 90 minutes about how terrible it is, how awful the team selection is, what an idiot Southgate is, and then we win. His record is beyond reproach, by anybody bar Alf Ramsey. He probably knows more about this than us.

The big thing I have liked about his approach is it's more of a club environment, where the same squad is back all the time. It's really hard to break into, but also it's hard to get dropped from. People are made to earn their place, but also people who have gone through that journey before are trusted and faith is kept with them through drops in form. It's exactly what Germany and Spain did when they were cleaning up while we were fannying about picking whatever vaguely in form midtable player was flavour of the month in The Sun that month. It solves all the problems of a disparate squad driving itself crazy at tournements like we saw particularly under Capello in South Africa.

I also like his firm 'no dickheads' policy. Again, this has worked for national squads in other sports, particularly the All Blacks. You'd rather a good player who toes the line, than a brilliant one who doesn't. Southgate was waaaaay ahead of the curve in bombing out Mason Greenwood for behaving like a horny, privileged little dickhead in the hotel up in Finland. He's never been involved since, and hopefully never will be again.

But I feel like he's becoming obstinate and stubborn now, to the point that he's contradicting himself.

Some players are being left out for football reasons because of their "form" (Raheem Sterling). Fine, in theory. But others are being picked who've literally been out of form for years (Maguire). Henderson is in his 30s, not playing well, now playing in a pub league, and gets picked - tonight he gets picked in attacking midfield, when you've got Foden, and you've got Eze who's literally the form player in the entire country in that position.

On non football reasons, Henderson has sold his soul to the Kingdom of Executing All The Gay People. He shouldn't be involved because he's not at the level, nor playing at the level, required. But he also shouldn't be involved because you can't pitch yourself as this all inclusive, representative, holier than thou England set up that takes the knee and gives it back to the racists and bigots (too fcking right), but then also park all of that for a favourite who sold out.

It should be made clear to anybody that goes there - that's fine, you do you, but you're not getting picked for England again, because football wise the level is a joke, and non-football wise the whole thing is disgusting.

That sort of contradiction, one rule for one and one for another, is lethal in team environments - sport or work.

His selection and subs tonight were stubborn and obstinate. And I'm his biggest fan, and like I say his record is beyond reporach. But Henderson gets 90 mins in attacking midfield, while Eze sits on the bench? Not for me Clive.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Ukraine V England on 19:09 - Sep 9 with 3318 viewsHAYESBOY

Southgate just annoys the sht out of me.

He made statements early in his England manager career about players have to be playing for their clubs to be considered and then proceeds to pick players not playing.
He constantly makes changes to not lose games instead of trying to win them.
This evening a prime example. Bellingham off. Saka off to bring Gallagher on. Henderson stays on.
Don't get it.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Ukraine V England on 19:10 - Sep 9 with 3314 viewsconnell10

I just woke up from my siesta and missed the game.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ukraine V England on 19:11 - Sep 9 with 3310 viewsNorthernr

It's like he's being stubborn to prove a point. Doubling down and down. And, I repeat, I've been his biggest defender and his record speaks for itself. But the Henderson bullsht has annoyed me. He's 33 and playing in Saudi Arabia, stop being so fcking ridiculous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024