Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column 13:47 - Jun 18 with 8729 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60361

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 08:22 - Jun 19 with 2634 viewsEastR

He's nailed on for a job at he FA, 100%

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 09:35 - Jun 19 with 2508 viewsBurnleyhoop

And what has he achieved in that six years?

Haven’t looked in any detail, but they are still in league one are they not?

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 10:17 - Jun 19 with 2395 viewsCateLeBonR

No I’ve not really followed his recent career that much either. It’s actually 3.5 years as DOF as he was head of recruitment before that. Other than relegation in his first year they’ve finished 7th, 13th and 10th in League 1 since then. So nothing to write home about.

To be honest I’m not expecting fireworks from him. At this point just a bit of professionalism and sanity is all I want from our next DOF. I’d have to see who the other candidates are to make a proper judgement. If it’s between Steve Gallen and Mark Warburton then I’d prefer the former. To appoint Ainsworth as manager and then appoint Warburton as DOF just seems too mental. Even for us.

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 11:13 - Jun 19 with 2271 viewsderbyhoop

With a crop of youngsters coming through their academy.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 11:38 - Jun 19 with 2234 viewsfrancisbowles

Manager having final say is not a major decision taken out of the DOF's hands. The DOF role, although we all know little about it, includes the overall running of the football side and together with the recruitment analysts making player recommendations to the manager, that the club's budget can afford. The manager must have the right to say 'no, I don't think they will be a good fit for my squad or team'.

However, the manager can't have the total control of whom we recruit, he can't insist that we get player x, for a fee of y, on z salary. That is what we (the DOF) have to ensure isn't happening.

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 11:48 - Jun 19 with 2211 viewseastside_r

I have stayed off the MB discussions as I suspected that Clive would find the nuances that I was looking for and this article doesn't disappoint.

There has been and will continue to be those who have nothing good to say about LF's tenure but they can sensibly be ignored. There is quite clearly evidence of good and bad things that Les has done. And I think it is fair to say that most of the good was early on and most of the bad, more recent, which of course informs current thinking.

I am not the first to point out what a basket case he inherited as Redknapp dragged his sorry arse out of our club.

The one thing I would add to the discussion is about how long does a Directorship of Football typically last. This post is 'new' to QPR and I agree we have not been running it correctly but if we were, how long does a (successful?) DoF stay? Is 7 years about right? (The seven year itch?)

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 12:53 - Jun 19 with 2078 viewsE15Hoop

Given the ownership crap that has been going on there for years, that in itself in a decent achievement, I would suggest.

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 13:44 - Jun 19 with 1969 viewsSuperhoop83

Great article.

However, you could have said that too many cooks are spoiling the broth.

Suffering since 1978.

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 13:51 - Jun 19 with 1959 viewsNorthernr

Are you doubting my commitment to cakes?

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 14:28 - Jun 19 with 1874 viewsridethewave

DoF at QPR is a poisoned chalice. It is not truly a DoF position as the article points out, and whomever takes the role will fail under the current setup and expectations on the job.

Expectations are for 'y', but the delivery is capped at 'x'.

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 15:13 - Jun 19 with 1783 viewsSuperhoop83

No, but I want you to cut out the smart remarks.

Suffering since 1978.

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 17:10 - Jun 19 with 1636 viewsDorse

Les was the man for the job. Sadly, nobody could agree what that job was or how to do it.

I wish him all the best, but then I always do.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 17:14 - Jun 19 with 1617 viewsE15Hoop

If we'r talking about cakes, surely that should be the Smarties remarks?

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 17:29 - Jun 19 with 1586 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Sums it up nicely, which is why I couldn't careless who the next DoF is as it will make zero difference.

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 21:13 - Jun 21 with 964 viewsthemodfather

a good in depth read, well done clive, made me think of rodgers at leicester, he went on holiday leaving a in/out list , players needed for the squad etc he returned to see nothing had been done. none shifted and his targets already signed by other clubs. they struggled, he was sacked, they went down.
a rapid fall from grace.
qpr fans mostly hope for stability , few talk of a right to be in the prem league ( a bloody corporate nightmare in my eyes) the new training ground, may be a step forward? long waited for and needed.

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 21:20 - Jun 21 with 953 viewsdavman

Nah, its QPR that brings us down, not you. Without you commentating on the shenanigans, those shenanigans will continue and the results will continue to depress us....

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 21:25 - Jun 21 with 930 viewsdaveB

Interview with Les from today, Class until the end.
Doesn't deserve the disgusting abuse he gets on social media

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/video-les-ferdinand-speaks-following-dep

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 21:46 - Jun 21 with 870 viewsHayesender

Class interview from Les there. Christ, even I almost had a lump in my throat.

One of the bits that stands out to me, is when he said the board have made wrong decisions based on abuse from us, the fans.

I'm assuming they mean the twitteratti knobs!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ferdinand departs, where to now driver? Column on 23:28 - Jun 21 with 728 viewsnumptydumpty

Les has put his neck on the line.

From the position he joined us in, we had so many overpaid older or massively overrated players and many that have openly admitted the pay check was their only inspiration.

So on Les s watch that wage bill and outgoings was massively cut and we stabilised in the championship and prior to this last season, we had three midtable finishes where we flirted with the playoffs with players on much lower wages and some clever use of frees and loans.

I said before the mistake in my eyes was getting rid of Warburton but it seemed to everyone the club put faith in Beale and they were not the only ones hoodwinked by that. The character of Beale and his ambitions were difficult to predict but to me his leaving us, was why this season went downhill fast.

Admittedly the reflex reaction to bring in Ainsworth even though this was ultimately successful in that we did not get relegated but we were extremely fortunate.

But to me the saddest scenario of the season was the early 90s team having around twelve of our amazing squad back then but Les was not introduced onto the pitch that day qnd the fact that he was the main man back in that squad that was very sad.

From that moment I personally thought he won't be here this coming season.

But again, this D o F role is so shrouded in mystery to the fans as to the extent of what this position is responsible for at clubs. It seems it can be very variable.

And although I was sad that Les has gone, the abuse and the negativity around and towards Les, meant he has done the honourable thing.

If he stays in football, am sure he will achieve elsewhere and the one thing no one can level at Les is that he wasn't real.

One hundred percent cares about this club and did his damnedest to be a success but ultimately the flak which associates itself with all areas of football usually ends up moving its targets on from where they have been.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024