Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First place you ever chucked up after drinking 21:47 - Mar 21 with 7168 viewsqprxtc

1987. The Pennyfarthing, King Street Hammersmith.

I really really thought I was invincible and I could and would drink and my brain would follow. My brain nor my stomach agreed and decide to violently tell me so in pretty vile patterns along the front of the pub.

Picked myself up went back in and got chucked out.

Luckily I learnt my lesson.

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 19:32 - Mar 22 with 2246 viewsHooping_Mad

Malta.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 20:26 - Mar 22 with 2205 viewsaston_hoop

Dordrecht in the Netherlands at the age of 14. Football trip with my youth team at the time, played a load of local sides and found out the staff in the clubhouse bar would serve us. Threw up a mix of oddly coloured alcopops, beer and chips with onions and curry sauce. Enjoy your dinner.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 21:38 - Mar 22 with 2152 viewscolinallcars

I'm struggling to remember the Pennyfarthing. Was it perhaps at one time, the old Charrington pub just along from the town hall - the Coachmakers ? I think it's some sort of tapas bar now.

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 22:21 - Mar 22 with 2129 viewsnumptydumpty

School trip aged 14 to Paris staying in dodgy hostel

We had free night ie teachers not supervising us and we all went to nearest bar.

Had five beers, carried up the hill by one of the girls, crashed out on mates bunk bed, intermittently interrupted by five trips to the bathroom. Unfortunately couple other boys made six visits so was not remembered in school folklore.

However teachers called group meeting next day as they were disgusted by our behaviour and one of the teachers said we actually had to put one boy into the recovery position to prevent him from choking on his own vomit !! Everyone looked round at me. And they said we could have our other free night but we were in danger of being all sent home.

Anyhow second free night it all happened over again.

Problem in reality on the free nights all the teachers were on the booze also - sure if they did that now they would be hung drawn and quartered !!!

Could never take my drink well and hardly touched a drop in last 15 years and best decision I have ever made!!
[Post edited 22 Mar 2023 22:22]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 22:43 - Mar 22 with 2112 viewsSydneyRs

Central line train on the seat next to me. Was 16 and had recently started working in the city after leaving school. No matter how ridiculously under age many of us looked, if you had a suit on you got served seemed to be the rule.

Went out after work for a mate's birthday. We got pretty hammered on Southern Comfort mainly and I was having a great old time until I was on the last train home and everything started spinning, leading to chundering on the seat next to me a number of times. I was in the same car as the guard and don't think there was anyone else there. He either didn't notice or just chose to ignore it.

The usual ten minute walk home from Northolt station took me two hours and I remember very little of it. Woke up propped against a neighbour's wall a few doors down from our place.

On entering the house my very concerned mother noticed the state I was in and started asking questions about where I had been. No time for that as I had to leg it into the toilet to throw up again. Cleaned up and got into bed with Mum still very concerned. My Dad came in and just pissed himself laughing at me. Given he once apparently walked into the wardrobe in my parents' bedroom and urinated thinking it was the toilet, I'm not sure his glass house would have survived.

Was at work with no hangover by 8am the next day, oh to be able to do that now!

Still cannot go near Southern Comfort.

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 07:52 - Mar 23 with 2034 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Used to play adults football for Railway Club FC in Watford and after trying to keep up with the big lads ended up being taken home in the car by the club secretary and on the journey chucked my guts into that pouch / pocket thing on the back of the driver’s seat and then, for some reason, into my own shoes.

Woke up in completely different clothes to the old man swearing over the sound of the hoover as he’s cleaning out this poor woman’s car at 7 in the morning.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 7:53]

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 07:58 - Mar 23 with 2029 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

On tube vomit, they are colloquially known as Platform Pizza amongst LU staff.

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 08:37 - Mar 23 with 2002 viewshubble

Not the sort of thread you'd find on mumsnet.

I chucked up so many times in my wayward youth I couldn't specify 'the first'. But I do remember getting absolutely hammered at the Cross Keys in Hammersmith, aged 16. It was all about how many pints you could drink in those days. Was with a bunch of lads from school and we all had mopeds. After at least 8 pints of Pride I headed home. The rest is blurry, but I came to at dawn lying halfway through my bedroom window with vomit everywhere and my moped lying in the garden having smashed through the garden fence.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 17:15 - Mar 23 with 1898 viewsrobith

It was many years before I was sick from drinking. To this day, it's pretty rare. Instead I just feel constantly like I'm going to be sick and it never happens. Would prefer just to chunder tbh.

However the first time I really went out drinking I didn't know what I was doing so just went off what I thought drinking was supposed to be about. I drank like 10 orange reefs cos they were 70p (Spoons a god send for a 17 year old) and had 2 doner kebabs on the way home.

I had to do an 8 hour shift on the checkouts of Tesco Uxbridge the next day. Honest to god, it was standing there, tensing as hard as I could to avoid shitting myself until my next break when I could go an absolutely defile the bog

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 17:29 - Mar 23 with 1890 viewsNorthernr

Sixth form college. Girl in my geography class, Jenna, fit as fck, fancied her, didn't know what to do about it. Got her phone number from a mate, resolved to get a couple of drinks in me and send her a text asking her out. Got home. No beer anywhere. Started on Tesco own brand Gin, in a plain glass bottle with a white label that just said GIN on it, with orange juice. Drank A LOT while watching Chelsea v Leeds - hazy recollection, Dom Matteo scored an own goal. Realised I'd gone too far, had the 'turning the ship around' realisation that there was more drunk to come and it was already too late. Several dramatic technicolor yawns later I woke up the following day in an absolute state. Had sent the text, but couldn't remember what it said, and I'd either deleted it out of shame or those old Nokia phones didn't have a 'sent' folder so I can't remember. Got to college, hanging. Took some quiet alone time at the back of the library through first period. Other side of the book stack, Jenna is telling her mates all about it not knowing I'm there, described me as something horrendous like "that weird little lad Clive in geography". Mortifying. Particularly as, eventually, time had ticked on to the point that I had no point but to get up, walk out past them, and reveal I'd been there the whole time. AND... Turned out Jenna's mate Claire, who was even fitter still and miles out of my league, actually did fancy me but gave up at this point.

So that was a productive day.

There is also a funny one the guys in the Crown like to roll out about me every now and again. Most recent Premier League stint we played Man UTd at home at something ludicrous like 1130 in the morning, with two live Sky games following on after ours in the afternoon. Big one for me personally, all I've ever wanted to see is QPR beat Man UTd. Green Room opened early, but police had made them go on plastic glasses and no bottles so immediately I'm on pints (which never goes well), it's Asahi (which is piss) and it's coming out of plastic glasses which they were collecting, spraying, and using again, so God only knows what was in these fcking pints by the end of the day.

Steaming at the game, at 1130. Back to the Green Room having lost, gutted, commence drink to forget. By the middle of the third game my eyes started doing that thing where the room rolls back in your head, the whole place started looking like the scene setter in Star Wars. I made the courtyard out the front, but no further, just erupted, everywhere. So ashamed, I ran, out onto the green, in the dark, and just kept going there. Never seen so much puke. Left my coat and my jumper in the bar, it was freezing, out there in a lake of my own sick and a t-shirt.

Eventually CambsR notices I've gone. A search party set off. They emerge into the courtyard to the first clue - the landlord is out there jet hosing the floor/walls and ceiling of the beer garden. They follow the trail of puke to the green, and find me there, basically half dead and hypothermic. While they're picking me up, cleaning me up, warming me up, I'm crying and giving it "I'm so, so sorry", two lads walk past, point and go "isn't that the guy who runs LoftforWords?" NOTHING TO SEE HERE. MOVE ALONG PLEASE.

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 19:53 - Mar 23 with 1845 viewsEastR

The Rathmines Inn, Dublin 6, Dec 1983.
It was probably Furstenberg or Harp, or a combination of both. Stumbled from the bar to a corridor next to emergency exit and kitchen, decorated the carpet.
Quick check on TripAdvisor says it's now closed but 5 star reviews for their roast carrots - always the carrots

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 20:04 - Mar 23 with 1842 viewsqueensparker

Wasn’t the Penny Farthing a pub for those who preferred the company of other gentlemen before it closed? I went to school in Hammersmith and having spotted one of our teachers coming out of there that was the (probably bollox) school rumour of 1988.

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 20:19 - Mar 23 with 1827 viewsqprxtc

Yes, it was. But not at the time I chundered. It’s probably what made it gay. I had that affect on birds too.

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 22:13 - Mar 23 with 1771 viewscolinallcars

I like the Cross Keys. I remember one night, five of us there. Four of us drinking Pride and our mate Trev drinking Horlicks.
When it came to Trev's round, he was asleep.

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 00:06 - Mar 24 with 1748 viewshubble

A beautiful story!

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 00:10 - Mar 24 with 1746 viewshubble

We used to play darts there every Friday night. I don't think you can get a more proper boozer than the Cross Keys. I love that location too, just to the North of the Great West Road. Walk past it through St Peter's Square, down the subway, and then up the other side it's a short walk to my favourite river, the Thames and the glorious Hammersmith and Chiswick malls.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2023 0:42]

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 17:57 - Mar 25 with 1618 viewsqpr_1968

brilliant.....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 18:46 - Mar 25 with 1601 viewsnumptydumpty

Not quite on same lines but pub that used to get most p****d in was the Sun near Holborn.

They used to have big chalk board with all sorts of lagers, ciders and real ales on and was well known for its produce and was in good pub guide.

The drink was so strong that two pints and the room started spinning.

My overriding memory of the place was the stench from the men's convenience was beyond eye watering. And there were just holes in the floor that had more than likely not been attended to for decades.

Apparently now I am reliably informed it is an O'Neills. It would be, wouldn't it !!!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 21:04 - Mar 25 with 1537 viewsRebalhoop

My local at the time had a door from the public bar that lead into an area that had 3 doors off of it,one into the saloon bar,one to the car park and one to the toilets.
Well into a very heavy Stella session,I felt everything rising,ran to the door,and for some reason opted for the middle door,to the car park,but because we had gone into a lock in,the door was locked,so I plastered it in puke,panicked and went to door number one,to the saloon bar,and puked all over the carpet and an unsuspecting old fella,finally got to door number three to the toilets,finished emptying my stomach,then had to face the landlord and his very pissed off wife, who presented me with a mop and bucket and a bottle of disinfectant.
Didn’t go near the place after that..

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 11:47 - Mar 27 with 1357 viewsrobith

On Drury Lane? No, still very much The Sun

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 13:20 - Mar 27 with 1294 viewsA40Bosh

It was informally renamed the Bent Penny (attitudes very different back then) by the frequenters of the Old City Arms I recall.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 13:44 - Mar 27 with 1283 viewsSuperhoop83

Tuesday 28th January 2003

On a brighter note, we won 4-2 at Chesterfield the following Sunday.

Suffering since 1978.

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 00:58 - Mar 28 with 1210 viewsHayesender

Probably not my first, but the one that will always stand out was new years eve 89.

Went to a party in Uxbridge, and having consumed the Thames In lager and couldn't physically drink anymore, I thought it would be a really good idea to drink almost an entire bottle of scotch.

I must have thrown up the entire length of the Uxbridge road on my way back to the Bush, but the worst of it was I was going to Manchester on new years day for our game v utd.

Somehow I made the coach, and spent almost the entire journey throwing up out of both ends. I then spent the majority of the game in the bogs in old Trafford doing likewise, before getting back on the coach and doing the same before eventually falling asleep.

Turned out I had given myself alcohol poisoning, and was ill for about a week.

I've never drank whisky since, and even the smell gives me the shudders 33 years on

Poll: Shamima Beghum

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 14:38 - Mar 28 with 1128 viewsqpr_1968

i went with the lsa for that utd game, was with john proudlock if you knew him.
some weird and wonderful stuff going on, on that coach.

well it was new years day after all.

got back to the pav, must have been around 10ish. they would'nt serve us, shutting early the bar###ds.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

First place you ever chucked up after drinking on 15:13 - Mar 28 with 1109 viewsWokingR

I have no recollection of the drinking, nor the subsequent puking, but woke up the next morning, wandered into the bathroom to be met by the strange sight of my mum, standing in the bath, in a pair of wellies, crying her eyes out.
Apparently I had puked all over the bathroom carpet and she was trying to wash it in the bath.
Oh, and it was her birthday too.
Happy Birthday mum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024