Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? 17:22 - Feb 11 with 25632 viewsNorthantsHoop

Wrong manager, this is not working, trouble is we lumbered ourselves with a 3 year contract and his coaching team.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 19:01]

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 23:13 - Feb 11 with 3530 viewsaston_hoop

Enough bad blood will see pressure on the board to sack him with money we don't have, they'll panic, spend cash we don't have on a popular appointment in Ainsworth, make no further progress because of course we won't by doing that. Sunderland and Boro the next two, sadly don't see him surviving those.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 23:30 - Feb 11 with 3426 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The way Boro are playing they'll steamroller us. Tuesday is a very big game.

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 23:31 - Feb 11 with 3425 viewsBenny_the_Ball

i.e. You still can't think of a lucid, logical counter argument so you won't help him.

Man, you're obsessed with the FFP excuse, Bazza. You even managed to bake it into the Shaun Derry thread!

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 23:39 - Feb 11 with 3390 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

You don’t have to agree with the premise. I’m not asking you to bury Critchley. The point is if the club is so close to breaking FFP rules - even with the unbudgeted cash injection from the snake leaving - surely they shouldn’t be dishing out 3 year contracts to a manager thus making him unsackable?

IF this run continues he absolutely will be sacked before the summer so I don’t accept your FFP premise either.

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 23:40 - Feb 11 with 3383 viewsTrom

I, seemingly against the flow of opinion, quite like what Critchley has to say. He hasn't been ducking calling the players to account when they've not put the effort in. He's in a tricky position with a team reliant on loanees, injuries, and desperately short of firepower. I can see him turning it around in the long run. We were hugely reliant on Willock in the earlier part of the season and with him losing all form and injury prone it puts us in a tricky position regardless of who the manager is.

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 23:46 - Feb 11 with 3336 viewsCateLeBonR

Thank god. A sane person.

Hello. My name is Cate Le Bon.

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 23:49 - Feb 11 with 3285 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We are always going to need to pay a manager a wage though whether it’s 3 managers on a year each or one manager on three years. They are costs that you can project into the future when analysing FFP adherence.

Compensation and release fees are additional and unaccounted amounts. If anything, that makes it quite sensible to give longer term contacts when you are close to the FFP ceiling because it encourages stability.

If we only gave him a year, he could leave for nothing and we’d have to pay Wycombe A fee for Ainsworth or target unemployed managers. As it’s the last year of the three year rolling FFP that financial stability really helps.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 23:53]

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 23:51 - Feb 11 with 3263 viewsBenny_the_Ball

This I agree with. Another manager won't fare much better with this mentally and physically fragile squad.

IMHO Neil's remit is to somehow steer the jolly ship QPR to safety and then rebuild in the summer (starting with sending Beale's loans packing). The first part is proving more difficult than many anticipated.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 23:52]

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 23:56 - Feb 11 with 3249 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

I’d suggest we feel like one of the least stable football league clubs right now.

Surely if he were given a deal to the end of the season or even only an 18 month deal there would be less compensation to pay though… which would make it more plausible to replace him if we went on a run of oh I don’t know… one win in ten matches. Or at least thirteen as it’s almost certainly going to be soon.

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 00:06 - Feb 12 with 3209 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He’s only been in charge of 10 matches so to pin Beale’s failures on him is unfair I think.

That 1 win in 14 is also a bit misleading because it discounts the value of draws.

A manager’s lifespan is so short nowadays that they all have release clauses and termination fees to deter sackings and poaching.

We can argue about what would deliver points on the board all day but it’s a definite that changing mangers is expensive, however long their contract.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 0:09]

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 00:57 - Feb 12 with 3083 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Thanks to Jimmy Hill, draws aren't that valuable. Drawing three times is no better than winning once and losing twice. We have 9 points from the last 15 League matches (just under a third of the season). Extrapolated across a season that would give us 27.6 points.

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 01:10 - Feb 12 with 3074 viewsDamo1962

How could the football be any duller than it is ?

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 01:15 - Feb 12 with 3076 viewsqprd

I’m sorry mate but you are posting so much misinformation about FFP (while posing as an expert) that it needs to be corrected

There is no evidence to suggest that sacking critchley would lead to a breach of FFP, as you explicitly state below. For starters, you don’t know (I) what critchleys wages are, (ii) what termination package we’d be able to negotiate w (unless you have a crystal ball), (iii) how critchleys termination payment would be amortised and how that gets reflected in FFP calculations). But the main thing is- qpr hasn’t even released its latest financial statements so how can you even possibly begin to pretend what is and isn’t going to get us above the ffp line?

FFP is effectively just a budget test. So you presenting only one side of the ledger (costs) without the other side (revenues) completely misses the point. If we were that close to the FFP line, then we can do other things to free up the headroom, be it sell players, terminate another players contracts to write off some of the wages, etc etc. you have no visibility on this, so again, it’s comical that you are claiming that some presently unquantifiable costs will get us over the ffp line

But let’s just assume for a second that everything you’ve said is correct. That somehow you know what qprs financials will be before they are signed off by the auditors, approved by the board and published- that somehow you also know the confidential terms of critchleys contract- that you can even look into the future and you know his exact termination package and the cost of his replacement. If your contention is true that making one move (ie sacking the manager) is going to get us over the FFP line, then that is a blaring indictment of les Ferdinand, Lee hoos and tjeir respective management of the budget. If we’ve left ourselves so little headroom that an immaterial cost like sacking a relatively cheap manager has pushed us over the line, then that’s a gross failure by the folks intended to manage the budget

At the end of the day- you don’t know what you’re talking abt re FFp- so please don’t patronise others while you spew factually incorrect nonsense yourself

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 03:24 - Feb 12 with 2981 viewsHooping_Mad

I've worked out who he reminds me of.

It's Steve McLaren's Dutch accent interview, without the accent but the sentence structure is the bloody same about half the time.

And Paul Daniels

Edit: Apologies to the snowflake who found this too much, my my what have we become.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 13:07]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 07:08 - Feb 12 with 2855 viewsDixie_CT

I don’t blame Critchley for this mess, it is something he has inherited from Beale and Les. Changing the manager would change little although I do wish we had gone for an Ainsworth type appointment but I think the hierarchy is shit scared of those who care for the club (see how they treated the Gallen’s)

The players are not acting professionally or in the best interests of the club. Our full backs were so high in the early part of the season now they are scared to get into the final third. Laird, go and take on Murray Wallace in the final third, see what happens. Instead he crossed from miles out, hit the first man or just played a safe ball inside.

I believe that ‘Phoning it in’ is the en vogue saying for taking the piss. No guts in that team and Critchley can coach them to the cows come home against players behaving like fellow trauma victims, the U23s, and training mannequins, different ball game when you’re up against men, big, hairy, competitive, men.

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 08:32 - Feb 12 with 2758 viewsstevec

Absolutely. Whether the latest manager is up to the job is neither here nor there, what isn’t in dispute is we have a large contingent of spineless players and they are the ones responsible for what’s happening on the pitch. Off the pitch, it’s the eight years of stagnation presided over by Les and his seemingly endless support for the shameful academy system he presides over. The present manager is last in the queue in terms of the mismanagement of this club.

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 08:39 - Feb 12 with 2736 viewsdistortR

A bit vitriolic, mate.
We have been terminating contracts.
I think ffp and it's ramifications are severely hampering us, but we're not alone in this. Got a drinking mate who is a Blackburn fan, they have similar issues, and Bereton running down his contract. What they do have, and hopefully we are belatedly creating, is a very successful youth system. Of course, when you are looking at creating new facilities, land and pp are much easier to find, and cheaper, in Blackburn then West London.
If Willock had remained fit, I reckon he'd have been well ahead of Semenya on failing premiership teams wish lists. Alas, a quick bit of research, they'll know there is a physical/mental problem there. For me, our saleable asset is Dieng, no-one else really. Personally, I think Chair would thrive with better players around him, but there you go.
Back to ffp, budgets, other teams doing better then us. The likes of Luton have grown into a championship budget, while we have had to cut down from that bloated mess that left the premiership. With our loyal but relatively small fan base and a stadium that is not financially viable (Though I call it home), we were in a tough position, created largely by the naivety of our owners. Blackburn were following a similar route.
I think our owners have learnt, and am grateful for the money they spend to keep us going. I hope they, and Ferdinand, have learnt some salutary lessons from this latest spell, where they have quite obviously not stuck to their supposed stratagy in terms of player recruitment.
Not NC's fault, he has a hell of a job on his hands.

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 08:40 - Feb 12 with 2729 viewsHammersmithR

The bloke sounds like Dave from the Royle Family. Have a listen

What I will say. Critchley must bore the hell out of the players. He sounds so dull. No charisma. Stands on the sideline with his arms folded. No passion. Can you imagine his team talks?

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 08:44 - Feb 12 with 2706 viewsGloucs_R

I'm struggling to defend NC now. If we did want to get rid of him We could agree a termination fee or wait until he finds another job and therefore his contract with us automatically terminates.

What's two championship managers earn these days anyway? £400k a year?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 08:49 - Feb 12 with 2670 viewssteveo04

The bad news of some Critchley going nowhere, he was the board choice in the summer but wouldn’t pay the compensation. He work under a director of football and maybe at last actually work with what he given , rather than try bring in his mates like Beale and warburton .

I think we have to give him a chance , look what he’s inherited absolute disgrace of a squad , Roberts and salter , Laird against Swansea a little run and oops off I go , Paal v hull , don’t fancy it I sit down one minute before half time ( be a man and carry on ) Willock yesterday one little jog and off . What do you expect him to do ,

He has the illness to Dykes

If you actually take a step back from results he come in and at last got rid of , Thomas , Nico , shopido , masterson and if you listen his interview he openly says the standard of training was not good enough so they had to go. 3 months he been here and they’re gone .

A psychiatrist has come in , now is this down to Neil , no sign of one before so maybe it something he suggested.

Give hime a year , he trying to shoe horn a 433 built squad into 4411 we don’t need a complete rebuild , chair I can see going maybe senny , the championship is not pretty look at Millwall strong in defence work horses in midfield couple of lively forwards

Yes it crap but we can’t keep changing mangers , Cardiff and Huddersfield have had 3 and well look

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 09:51 - Feb 12 with 2553 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The legislation is there to read and the Les interview is there to listen to.

If it makes you feel better to believe that FFP doesn't rule over all club decision right now, including whether NC remains in the post then knock yourself out.

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 12:07 - Feb 12 with 2392 viewsHOOPNO7

Rabbit in the headlights

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 12:10 - Feb 12 with 2387 viewsHOOPNO7

Why would Ainsworth want come to QPR not much has changed since he was here before? There was nothing dull about Wycombe win against Derby yeasterday

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 12:24 - Feb 12 with 2347 viewsNW5Hoop

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 13:16 - Feb 12 with 2236 viewsstanistheman

I agree it goes a lot deeper than this dull manager.

We have a board that doesn’t know how to run a football club and appointed an unqualified DoF who takes no responsibility for the state of the club.

8 seasons of failure to make the playoffs, but have finished in the bottom 6 on at least 2 occasions whilst clubs with lesser income and supporters get in the playoffs and some win promotion.

Critchley should me have been given a 3 year deal. He should be sacked , but I suspect the club cannot afford to do so (another one for the DoF to answer to).

Why didn’t he start with Martin, he could have subbed him if he wasn’t fit for the whole game.?
Why was an unfit Willock included in the squad or not told to warm up properly with sprints ? Again this could have been in the pre match warm ups.

He waited until it was too late to make his substitutions and even then got them wrong. Johansen was far better than Dozzell yet got taken off.

I haven’t seen anything under Critchley to suggest that things will improve.

With 15 games left we should be able to get 2 wins and a few more draws to be safe and I am hoping that Martin will score if given the service, but Critchley needs to sort out the defending and start to get his team selection, substitutions and tactics correct to do so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024