Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Fitzpatrick 03:58 - Jun 20 with 4617 viewsCLAREMAN1995

New US Open champion fair play to him.Delivered some incredible shots and putts in the pressure of the last group and held off the No 1 player in the world .
Pocketed a nice payday of over $3 Million too

Matt Fitzpatrick on 08:11 - Jun 20 with 3699 viewskingsburyR

The shot from the bunker on 18

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Matt Fitzpatrick on 08:42 - Jun 20 with 3654 viewsHAYESBOY

Still only 27. Seems to have been around longer than his age suggests.

Another impressive thing about his win and last round, was 17 of 18 greens hit in a US Open.
Very Faldo like.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Matt Fitzpatrick on 09:45 - Jun 20 with 3570 viewsWokingR

He got very lucky on 15 when his tee shot was so far wide it missed the rough and gave him an almost perfect lie. Zalatoris on the other hand was only slightly off line but his ball disappeared, it was so deep.
He still had to hold onto that 2 shot swing though and he played superbly.
Great to see as much emotion from his caddy too.

Matt Fitzpatrick on 09:47 - Jun 20 with 3565 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Yes and even Matt said in his interview that he felt it meant even more to his caddy than him.

Matt Fitzpatrick on 10:31 - Jun 20 with 3523 viewsSonofpugwash

Thought he was going to do his celebrated last round slump but no,wonderful stuff.That recovery from the bunker will go down in folklore as being on a par with Sandy Lyle's effort at the 1988 Masters.
Well done Matty!

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Matt Fitzpatrick on 10:54 - Jun 20 with 3480 viewsdanehoop

Actually thought it was quite telling how so many of the "big names" seemed to choke a little over the past two rounds. Fair pay to Fitzpatrick, played steady percentage golf today, rode his luck well and the bunker shot was probably the most pressured shot that he faced and did brilliantly.

Never knowingly understood

Matt Fitzpatrick on 11:05 - Jun 20 with 3472 viewsHantsR

Also the 48ft putt on the 13th! - amazingly I dozed for the 18th hole (no, I can't explain either) but I'm sure it will be replayed for ever. Brilliant play.

Matt Fitzpatrick on 11:05 - Jun 20 with 3472 viewshubble

Another Sheffield lad, following Danny Willett's Masters win in 2016. Must be something in the water!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Matt Fitzpatrick on 11:15 - Jun 20 with 3440 viewsPhildo

Kids can get cheap access to I think 5 courses in Sheffield so not an accident. London no longer has one 18 hole public course within the m25 since Lewisham closed one a few years ago.

Matt Fitzpatrick on 11:22 - Jun 20 with 3431 viewsflynnbo

Only he and Nicklaus have won both the US amateur and the US Open on the same course. A terrific ahievement.

Matt Fitzpatrick on 12:24 - Jun 20 with 3347 viewsHantsR

Beckenham Place Park was beautiful wasn't it? I worked there for a short while and illustrated Bird guides and Nature Trails on behalf of LB Lewisham Parks. Sad to hear it's no longer a golf course - the Eastleigh course near me also got closed in favour of a haven for dogs and drugs. Also the local 'Golf Academy' is now a housing estate - all within the last 10 years or so.

Matt Fitzpatrick on 12:50 - Jun 20 with 3296 viewsTheChef

So nice to watch a major with an exciting finish! Unfortunately the last few have been a foregone conclusion, come the final round.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Matt Fitzpatrick on 13:29 - Jun 20 with 3247 viewshantssi

I played Fleming Park a few times.
Last time was on my daughters “head wetting”, she’s now 24!!
Mind you, the Muni in Southampton is very good for a public course.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2022 13:30]

Matt Fitzpatrick on 15:23 - Jun 20 with 3115 viewsSonofpugwash

Ah yes,Beckenham Place Park.Played a few games there on the sloping pitch,in two inches of snow one time.Best victory was against Tower Bridge Police - all of them over six foot as the requirements were for that size at the time,real land of the giants stuff.We had a little fella called Frank Murphy who I think later on played in the Conference,got a brace in a 4-2 win.Boy that felt good.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Matt Fitzpatrick on 15:49 - Jun 20 with 3086 viewsstowmarketrange

I used to play on the 2 courses in Richmond park,and they were very reasonably priced then.I stopped playing there about 35 years ago when the prices started to rise.

Matt Fitzpatrick on 15:53 - Jun 20 with 3080 viewshantssi

With hickory shafted clubs and with a mashie and spoon no doubt!😜

Matt Fitzpatrick on 15:59 - Jun 20 with 3069 viewsstowmarketrange

Yes.I bought an old set from the pitch and putt course a few miles away from there.They cost me £5 and I still have the putter and use it occasionally.I made the mistake of replacing the leather wrapped handle for a modern grip and it doesn’t feel like the same club any more.
I wish I’d kept the other 4 clubs too.

Matt Fitzpatrick on 16:02 - Jun 20 with 3057 viewsstevec

Au contraire Mr Phildo, don’t forget the home of golf, Brent Valley, in Hanwell.

18 holes midweek for the over 60’s circa 14 quid, absolute bargain.

It’s amazing how often people living within a few miles of the course have never heard of it.

Matt Fitzpatrick on 16:22 - Jun 20 with 3023 viewsdanehoop

Does Haste Hill golf course not count? 18 hole public golf course in Northwood Hills/Ruislip border owned by London Borough of Hillingdon. Very nice track as I recall.

Matt Fitzpatrick on 17:04 - Jun 20 with 2974 viewsMick_S

Still going strong.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Matt Fitzpatrick on 18:12 - Jun 20 with 2925 viewshubble

I've just checked and Uxbridge municipal course is still going too. Only 12 holes, but it's a decent course, especially at £8.50 a round. Or 8 quid if you're an old git like me.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Matt Fitzpatrick on 19:43 - Jun 20 with 2846 viewsTramoreRanger

There used to be a 9 hole course on Horsenden Hill and another 9 hole course just off the Western Avenue behind Greenford Halt station....... Don't know if they still exist.

When I started playing it was a via the 72 bus from the Bush to Roehampton and then a 20 minute walk to Richmond Park, either 18 or 36 holes then walk back to the bus stop and the 72 bus back....... There was usually only 1 bus an hour that went as far as Roehampton so it made for a long and knackering day.....mind that was when we were teenagers, couldn't do that now........

Matt Fitzpatrick on 20:23 - Jun 20 with 2828 viewsHAYESBOY

Thorney Park, Stockley Park are just inside M25.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Matt Fitzpatrick on 21:23 - Jun 20 with 2778 viewsMick_S

The West London Golf Centre , Northolt, is a fantastic 9 hole course - Limetrees to us that are of a certain age! 18 if you go around twice etc. I work there, and but for the very dry conditions, the place is in fantastic nick. Highly recommended if you can find the time.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Matt Fitzpatrick on 21:27 - Jun 20 with 2773 viewsdanehoop

Neither course is public or in London?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024