Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 16:49 - Feb 15 with 21221 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the meeting of two teams. The teams are known to everyone, some don’t care, most will possibly. It’s a bit like the Spanish inquisition without the Spanish who don’t inquire. Bastille ? Is that ok ? Who cares ? Ollie Mc street fighter might be there, Brewster millions where ever he is might appear. There will be a ball and men, it’s the men that make the difference as long as they have a ball.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57062/the-rest-of-februa

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57065/sheffield-united-b

Sheffield United: Wes Foderingham, George Baldock, John Fleck, Chris Basham, Sander Berge, Billy Sharp (captain), John Egan, Oliver Norwood, Jack Robinson, Morgan Gibbs-White, Rhys Norrington-Davies.

Substitutes: Adam Davies, Oli McBurnie, Ben Davies, Conor Hourihane, Charlie Goode, Iliman Ndiaye, Daniel Jebbison.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Finley Burns, Ben Cabango, Ryan Manning; Cyrus Christie, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Joel Latibeaudiere; Olivier Ntcham, Jamie Paterson, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Michael Obafemi, Kyle Joseph, Yan Dhanda.

There could be more to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:58 - Feb 19 with 1280 viewsonehunglow

THANKS
That' a good and decent reply.
You are the sort of fan we need at this time not the posturing jerks we seem to attract.

It is all about the Now and where we are.

Nowt else matters

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:06 - Feb 19 with 1264 viewsvetchonian

you really are blind

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:07 - Feb 19 with 1262 viewsbennytheblue

Oh the irony….the only time your team usually get fired up. Just what you need no? Routledge and dyer making a comeback r they?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:15 - Feb 19 with 1246 viewsvetchonian

tell me how many times over the last 20 seasons have your mob finished above us?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:21 - Feb 19 with 1225 viewssw02sea

👍👍👍

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:26 - Feb 19 with 1201 viewsonehunglow

The most bitter aspect is to ask just why both Swansea and Cardiff have virtually disintegrated compared to what they were in the Prem although Cradiff were merely a fleeting visit.
Neither club is remotely near getting back to the PL

Some clowns pretend they aint bothered.

They are liars or idiots.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:35 - Feb 19 with 1176 viewslibertyx

Just left Gloucester services, a very miserable quiet bus. The game was disgraceful, the boos rang out at half time and even louder full time, which doesn't happen at away games.
Martin needs to take a long hard
look at himself. Admit you have got it wrong and readdress the playing style.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:36 - Feb 19 with 1172 viewsPawelAbbott

Both Downes and Piroe cost over a million each.
We can't keep paying that out.
Yes, we need to beef up the scouting but even further down the leagues and the price bracket.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:39 - Feb 19 with 1163 viewsjasper_T

We've been building the scouting setup. There was nothing left when Potter departed. Some very experienced scouts arrived last summer. They'll be judged on what we have a year or two from now.

You can't build a whole new squad overnight, so persisting with a system that doesn't suit the players we actually have is asking for problems.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:41 - Feb 19 with 1160 viewsvetchonian

fans who go to the game booing surely not it is well posted on here that all those who attend games are behind the manager apparently it is only those "armchair " fans who havent clue

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:46 - Feb 19 with 1139 viewsDr_Parnassus

There were boos after the 2nd, 3rd and 4th goals as well as at the half time and full time whistle.

Chants of ''we're fkn sht'' and ironic cheers when we had a shot.

But I suppose it was those watching at home who could be heard, drowning out those at the game creating the illusion it was those at the game that were extremely unhappy.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 20:46]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:49 - Feb 19 with 1125 viewsonehunglow

Good man and honesty.
It is what we need now.
Let us all rack up the pressure on Martin and see him leave asap..
The players would be relieved

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:50 - Feb 19 with 1128 viewsvetchonian

but be fair he had no pre season and needs another 2 transfer windows

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:56 - Feb 19 with 1098 viewsonehunglow

A worst prospect than Piles surgery without anaesthetic

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:56 - Feb 19 with 1105 viewsvetchonian

no William's wasn't sacked he left for personal reasons.....namely he wants to be employed in the future he didn't want to be associated with this nonsense any longer

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:57 - Feb 19 with 1103 viewsbennytheblue

Football has gone anyway, move on, enjoy the fact you probably went when it was a good laugh

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:58 - Feb 19 with 1092 viewsonehunglow

He bailed
You would
I would
We all will

It has to happen as soon as we are mathematically safe.
Right now,nothing is safe.
Assume nothing

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:00 - Feb 19 with 1093 viewsbennytheblue

Good one, 8? From 2001 to 2009 every season, 2018? And this one more than likely

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:01 - Feb 19 with 1088 viewsvetchonian

so still Benny how often in the last twenty years or your lifetime have the second club in Wales finished above SCFC

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:22 - Feb 19 with 1036 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We’ve stopped competing - I get the feeling they’ve downed tools . I could very well be wrong but to put up such lifeless away performances as the last two. 7 goals conceded but could have been 10-15.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:23 - Feb 19 with 1036 viewsvetchonian

enough said we also beat you for MOTD appearances...but I fear you maybe correct re this season

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:33 - Feb 19 with 1000 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I think the basic premise is good but once you get the ball behind the press it has to go forward quickly - otherwise what’s the point ???

We did that a fair bit in our golden period in the autumn but then we inexplicably dropped our best LWB and it all went go sh*t.

Contrast to Brendan and Martinez sides would easily pass their way out of a press - out boys simply can’t.

Two of our current defenders are rookies, another is playing out of position and the midfield are mostly defensive players (when you bring Smith into the equation). We have no attacking ability - we are shocking going forward.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:41 - Feb 19 with 884 viewsSTID2017

Not sure about downing tools, as in fairness the last two home performances showed plenty of guts.
However something is very wrong to produce those three away performances and as you say could have been even worse goal wise
If Martin doesn't change his methods then we will get more demoralised, especially if we get well beaten by Bournemouth, which is a possibility.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:52 - Feb 19 with 856 viewsunion_jack

Traditionally, we’ve not done very well against Bournemouth. Sadly I don’t see that trend changing this Tuesday.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:22 - Feb 19 with 818 viewsSTID2017

I would love to think you are wrong but fear you are right

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024