Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Nutter 15:30 - Oct 8 with 5046 viewsAllBlueDale

Not Dale related but sad to see a local, family run, business having to close

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/beloved-rochdale-

A Nutter on 16:17 - Oct 8 with 4919 viewskel

At least the pot washers will be safe though so not all bad.

A Nutter on 17:57 - Oct 8 with 4721 viewsDalenet

I think it is sad - but who'd have thought that it would be going for 28 years? I am told a sale was agreed some time ago but unfortunately it needs a lot of investment with utilities and the kitchen and so that didn't proceed.

The family still own the Bird at Birtle which is excellent - for now at least.

A Nutter on 18:21 - Oct 8 with 4643 viewsnordenblue

I believe you may be closer to the truth than most think, it would appear this is the calm before the storm ahead for the restaurant/owner

A Nutter on 18:35 - Oct 8 with 4605 viewsBlueMessiah

Oooff!! That's a bit below the belt - as it were...

Poll: Do I Know You?

A Nutter on 00:03 - Oct 9 with 4152 viewsDorkingDale

Interesting, given the comments my 91 yr old mother with memory problems just made to me over the phone....

"I think there's been some news about Nutter today - it might have been something to do with under *** ****"

A Nutter on 09:23 - Oct 9 with 3871 viewsblackdogblue

I am old enough to remember when it was the Manor (Brewers Fayre) and my daughter had birthday parties in there due to the soft play area…

I actually got barred from there once having been watching an England game in the Farrier & rocked up leathered & they refused to serve me.. embarrassing for Mrs BDB & not one of my finest moments & did go back next day & apologise….

Never been in Nutters, not my type of food & expensive..

Hopefully a bigger restaurant chain may see the potential or what else could it be.. a care home or flats??

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

A Nutter on 09:48 - Oct 9 with 3827 viewsBigKindo

I remember when it was a TB Sanatorium . Going back towards Norden on the left hand side behind the White Lion was an outdoor swimming pool 'The Norden Riviera.'

A Nutter on 11:59 - Oct 9 with 3656 views49thseason

If the club could afford it, a Hall of Residence for our young players.....perhaps next year.

A Nutter on 12:20 - Oct 9 with 3618 viewsDorkingDale

Many great nights were had at The Manor....in the days when the pubs shut at 11.

A Nutter on 13:30 - Oct 9 with 3519 viewsDorkingDale

They've been in negotiations for months to sell to the Albert restaurant group, so presumably it will remain a restaurant......

A Nutter on 23:25 - Oct 9 with 3106 viewsShun

The rumours around Nutter have been rife for almost as long as the restaurant’s been there. And the latest one isn’t going away. It doesn’t take a wild leap to assume that this news and that ‘rumour’ are linked.

A Nutter on 23:47 - Oct 9 with 3069 viewsR17ALE

Technically, it was a Brewsters and not a Brewers Fayre, like the John Milne used to be, and still is but under a different stripe.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

A Nutter on 08:27 - Oct 10 with 2839 viewsscooby

Did wonder if it forced decision for "other" alleged reasons, all a little co-incidental, and only time will tell

A Nutter on 09:45 - Oct 10 with 2726 viewsblackdogblue

I stand corrected Sir.. you have a better memory than me 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

A Nutter on 09:46 - Oct 10 with 2725 viewsNigeriamark

I think my mum ended up in there sometime after the Second World War when it treated TB & other illnesses. She spent 3 of her first 4 years of life as a prisoner of war in Germany & I think they sent sick & emaciated kids to Wolstenholme to build up their strength once they returned to Rochdale

A Nutter on 10:33 - Oct 10 with 2639 viewsDorkingDale

That's interesting Mark - look forward to hearing more about your Mum over a post match pint...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024