Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SACK THE BOARD 16:32 - Dec 1 with 48123 viewsRAFC1907

Absolutely terrible.

No ambition, robbing fans constantly with overpriced entrance fees for watching garbage.

Garbage created by them for not backing the manager with any money, constantly pocketing it and saying we don't have any.

1600 home fans today says it all.

No wonder we will always be little old Rochdale.

Shambles of a football club.

Poll: Bottomley...

SACK THE BOARD on 18:31 - Dec 2 with 2876 views442Dale

On the financial aspects: if that is the case, why was the decision made to continue with the season tickets at the same pric e this season? Some transparent acknowledgement that they would need to increase for reasons stated would have made things easier to understand.

The fact is the communication is poor at best around the current status and direction of the club and it’s requiring supporters to ask questions via the Trust to get information out. See the answer the chairman gave to his vision going forward. Or the question sent in about possible investors and non-disclosure agreements.

There is NO excuse at a club like Dale not to be totally open about the way we do business, recent events have shown the negativity around people being unsure. Look at Accrington, they put as much as they can in the public domain, most recently a breakdown of money taken at each individual game. It offers no competitive advantage to other clubs to keep the information secret, so a general assessment of our finances should not be a problem - plus we are getting answers around it when people send in questions via the Trust (the United question) If anything the rumours, doubt and vague statements cause far more issues.

So much of this was avoidable. But we know.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

SACK THE BOARD on 18:33 - Dec 2 with 2849 viewsRochdale_ger

This just about sums up all of the bollocks on these five pages and most of the other shite about protests etc . We’ve been Shite for the past three seasons and when Russ Green was in charge the same Rochdale AFC geeks with too much time on their hands used to slag him rotten.

SACK THE BOARD on 18:37 - Dec 2 with 2813 viewsaleanddale

Perfectly summerised.

A sweeping change required and Quickly. In attitude more than anything else!!

I agree we are in big trouble something is VERY wrong at the moment at Dale.

Over to DB to show his colours and get BBM to get some rockets up HIS players backsides.

SACK THE BOARD on 18:40 - Dec 2 with 2791 viewsSuddenLad

What about all the TV money that was generated ? What about the fees for players transferred out ? Some excellent pay days earned money by progressing into the Cup competitions ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

SACK THE BOARD on 18:50 - Dec 2 with 2705 viewsrochdaleriddler

The ‘in the know ‘ but won’t tell brigade must have that warming glow of smugness all year round, it’s making the climate crisis worse

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

SACK THE BOARD on 19:08 - Dec 2 with 2627 viewspioneer

subsidised to the tune of $1m per season? What was subsidised? and by whom?

The income that was usedto pay for the clubs running costs appeared to come from the operation of the clubs business. I hope you are not implying that our current or past board members are subsidising the fans ‘enjoyment’ of supporting their club.

SACK THE BOARD on 20:15 - Dec 2 with 2465 viewsSI_Blue

You want to stop Jizzing out of your neck popcorn!

Backs Against The Wall Since 1907

SACK THE BOARD on 20:31 - Dec 2 with 2386 viewssweetcorn

T(sp)azbot is that you? He once called me that, seems intellect isnt the only thing you share with simple tazzy
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 20:31]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

SACK THE BOARD on 20:49 - Dec 2 with 2309 viewsTalkingSutty

Well spotted and while Col was walking his dog and just dropping in on the CEO ( like you do with your dog) he should have discussed the magic graph and wage figures that he is putting on display to disrespect the outgoing Chairman and Directors, because that’s what it looks like. He very conveniently forgets to mention the fact that during this iconic period for the Club the EFL and Television payments to the Club rocketed, we generated some very big money through player transfers/ add ons, constant money coming through as a result of FA Cup monies and Television games etc and secured the Stadium. He also failed to mention a certain notorious Social event that he attended along with the CEO, in order to paint the picture that his association was only on a professional basis to represent the Trust. Going in to bat for the CEO? He needs to start crediting people with a bit of intelligence.

Obviously if you are generating good money and trying to improve the team then wages will rise so I don’t know what the point of the graph is .Its called having ambition and trying your best for the Supporters. When Chris Dunphy and Bill Goodwin left the Club it was in good financial health and that is a fact, nobody in the current Boardroom, including the CEO disputed that at the time. It’s still in good financial health and the monies generated since the start of this year far outweigh the payments we have made to the previous manager.

SACK THE BOARD on 20:52 - Dec 2 with 2282 viewsSI_Blue

From what i know Tazzy was disabled and had learning difficulties. Is that what you do popcorn, make fun out of disabled persons. You can happily make fun of me in person if you like?

SACK THE BOARD on 21:15 - Dec 2 with 2169 viewssweetcorn

He’s also a convicted nonce.

I’ll come to the demonstration. When is it again?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

SACK THE BOARD on 21:22 - Dec 2 with 2130 viewsNDGN82

Excellent post and spot on with regards the financials. In a nutshell, overspending by previous board has had an effect on the current state of play and can’t simply be reversed overnight. The club is working it’s arse off to repair the damage but these things take time.

SACK THE BOARD on 21:34 - Dec 2 with 2064 viewsRochdale_ger

I made an off colour joke about the CEO getting more action then those on here and received a really long winded and boring private message off the new moderator on here telling me I was diluting the debate. You’ll be toast for defending a child groomer.

SACK THE BOARD on 21:45 - Dec 2 with 2005 viewsjudd

I have a limited view of the graph, which illustrates player wages in comparison with gate receipts. If that is the case then it really does a disservice to the management of the club during the period so represented.

The board had an impeccable record of delivering a going concern year after year, and the 30% increase in playing budget would surely have been afforded in cashflow rather than just plucked out of the air.

That graph does nothing to justify any argument whatsoever.

Poll: What is it to be then?

SACK THE BOARD on 21:48 - Dec 2 with 1968 viewsnordenblue

"The club is working it's arse off to repair the damage" of overspending by the "previous board",is this a wind up? You do realise some of the current board were part of the previous regimes "overspending"

If they are currently trying their best to increase the fan base and build bridges I'd hate to see them not trying

SACK THE BOARD on 22:11 - Dec 2 with 1876 viewsAtThePeake

Re-read the PM. That isn't why I messaged you.

Tangled up in blue.

SACK THE BOARD on 22:16 - Dec 2 with 1845 viewsNDGN82

Apologies - you are quite right, some of that board is still in place

Unfortunately some mistakes are being make when it comes to cutting costs or trying to raise additional revenues and the knock effect it has on us, the supporters. Hopefully they will learn from these mistakes. The Sunderland mugs spring to mind as being rather embarrassing and a waste of time and effort. From my own personal experience, I do know the CEO is willing to listen to any grievances and try to resolve them for the good of the supporters and the club

SACK THE BOARD on 22:16 - Dec 2 with 1841 viewsBrierls

Disrespecting the outgoing Chairman and Directors? That’s complete nonsense. You’re a good bloke TS, and a diehard fan, but put a keyboard in front of you and you lose the plot.

Col has taken the time to put together a graph that shows consistent streams of income and expenditure. It is based on facts, not finger in the air figures. It shows a ever widening gap between those streams. It’s not rocket science, I don’t think it’s meant to be. I’d love it if you, or anybody, could show me the figures that bridge that gap. Year on year. Guaranteed income.

It is no secret that the Dale model was to budget to lose hundreds of thousands of pounds per year. That gap, we speculate/plan, was filled by player sales, sell ons or a good cup run. It’s a method that has served us well and I think the vast majority of fans applaud and appreciate the board (some now departed) for working to a model that has delivered relative success. Our income hasn’t grown at the same rate as our expenditure, that includes FL1 ‘prize’ and TV money, so the gap in our budget is getting bigger. It really is that simple. Do I think we’re in financial dire straights? No. Do I think we need bring the wage bill more in line with income? Yes. The key there is ‘more in line” and that’s the tricky part of balancing the books with ambition.

If you’re going to bleat about being credited with intelligence, at least show a basic grasp of what those figures show.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 22:20]

SACK THE BOARD on 22:23 - Dec 2 with 1803 viewsjudd

As I see it the 2 lines in the graph are players wages compared with Gate Receipts.

If that is the case then I'm afraid it misrepresents all income and expenditure.

SACK THE BOARD on 22:26 - Dec 2 with 1783 viewsBrierls

I don’t agree that the ‘previous’ board overspent. They speculated more due to an increase in forecasted income. The problem now is we’re having to reduce budget because the forecasted income isn’t at the same level.

SACK THE BOARD on 22:31 - Dec 2 with 1747 viewsjudd

In running a business you can forecast all you want but the reality is how you generate income to fund the cashflow any business needs.

For the previously fiscally sound board to toss out 30% increase in expenditure without understanding how it would be funded is both unfathomable given their collective performance and an insult.

That graph needs deleting.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 22:32]

SACK THE BOARD on 22:34 - Dec 2 with 1728 viewsSI_Blue

That graph is all good and well but it only shows two sources of outgoing and incoming. Would it not be best to paint the full picture and see exactly what is incoming from all sources and what is outgoing to all sources?

Then nobody as to paint their own picture

SACK THE BOARD on 22:36 - Dec 2 with 1715 viewsBrierls

It’s representing exactly what it says it’s representing; players wages and gate receipts. If it said income vs expenditure then you’d have a point. But it’s not.

FFS Col. Forget whatever you’ve got on, get a line on there for every income stream. Add an additional grand for money saved on freeloading Goldbond agents while you’re at it

SACK THE BOARD on 22:40 - Dec 2 with 1685 viewsBrierls

Ahhhh yes, I see what you mean. Thanks for explaining that.

SACK THE BOARD on 22:40 - Dec 2 with 1684 viewsNDGN82

By overspent, I mean in terms of the contracts offered (including KHs) that had no hope of being sustained. You would need a Scott Hogan sell on fee every year to continue at the level of outgoings.

I do think you have to speculate to accumulate and the Hogan money and the like could have been put to better use when we had it. I.e. by signing young hungry talent that you could sell on at a premium (a la Peterborough) - unfortunately that didn’t happen, but we gave contracts to the likes Done, Andrew and Wilbraham and then decided to play them out of position. Unfortunately our current gaffer is doing exactly the same and he was appointed by the ‘current board’!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024