Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Boufal for Armstrong in 86th minute on 20:50 - Nov 23 with 744 viewsDeargDoom

Boufal has always been decent defending, much the best of our attacking midfielders. he may have issues doing what he is supposed to do up front, but Armstrong really is not very good defensively.

Boufal for Armstrong in 86th minute on 21:05 - Nov 23 with 723 viewsthis_charming_man

I got it. Arsenal were offering nothing and boufal is one of the few plays who can run with the ball for 30-40 yards, so he could ease any pressure or create something he did a great run at the end when djenepo missed a sitter, had that gone in everyone would say what an inspired sub. We didn’t win because we failed to clear a routine cross into the box, not because boufal came on.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Boufal for Armstrong in 86th minute on 21:09 - Nov 23 with 719 viewskingslandstand1

If we felt Arsenal were there for the taking, and Boufal can take palyers on and turn it on at times, sould we not have brought him on with slightly more that 4 minutes to go (whether RH knew there would be quite a few add on minutes)?

Boufal for Armstrong in 86th minute on 21:12 - Nov 23 with 717 viewsthis_charming_man

It was obvious there would be at leat 5 or 6 minutes. I’m not really sure why people are bemoaning the substitutions, we didn’t give away a late goal because of them, in fact we should have scored at least another goal because of them.

Boufal for Armstrong in 86th minute on 21:16 - Nov 23 with 713 viewsPatfromPoole

Boufal did a brilliant assist for the second (and easier by far) sitter that Djenepo missed.

If Djenepo had scored, we would all be hailing Boufal as a genius.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Boufal for Armstrong in 86th minute on 21:19 - Nov 23 with 707 viewskingslandstand1

That's where I was coming from. From what I've read and heard we should have gone for them as we were in the ascendency and as Pat (I think) has said elsewhere we generally need that 3rd goal and minimum 2 goal lead or the whistle to blow as soon as we take a lead so make that attacking change earlier!

Boufal for Armstrong in 86th minute on 21:22 - Nov 23 with 697 viewsthis_charming_man

We did, djenpo put Bertrand I think it was through, he messed up, boufal put djenepo in for a sitter he missed and djenpo had already missed a sitter a few minutes before, we had 3-4 golden chances, we went for them and arsenal offered nothing, apart from a hopeful cross in the fifth minute of injury time.

Boufal for Armstrong in 86th minute on 21:29 - Nov 23 with 685 viewskingslandstand1

So we could have had that 94th minute winner before the 96th minute depressive ......... but tbf it's not very often an 86th minute substitution changes a game, whereas a 76th minute one may have?
All ifs and buts I know but too late now

Boufal for Armstrong in 86th minute on 22:18 - Nov 23 with 659 viewsBicester_North

Saints have to score at least 2 goals to win a game, today they did but should’ve scored 4.
If we keep this formation and shape and don’t get any key injuries we’re capable of scraping up.

Arsenal are so shit, nearly any premier league club would’ve beaten them today.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Boufal for Armstrong in 86th minute on 22:23 - Nov 23 with 646 viewsthis_charming_man

The game didn’t need changing! We were well on top and comfortable. I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make, we threw it away due to crap defending an finishing not because of the subs.

Boufal for Armstrong in 86th minute on 12:03 - Nov 24 with 529 viewskingslandstand1

I wasn't there but the point I was making was that IF he is going to make a substitution and he obviously felt the need to, what is the point in doing it in the 86th minute as there is not much chance of changing the game and going for that elusive 3rd goal
Having seen the highlights and listening to the comments on the game we were so clearly on top there may have been no need to make a change at all
Those highlights also clearly showed that we need some shooting and basic defending practice!

Boufal for Armstrong in 86th minute on 13:05 - Nov 24 with 503 viewsgrumpy

I think I would have substituted Ings as he was on a yellow card but the other too I'm not so sure.
We were looking solid,why change it so much?
Having said that,Ralph had the team in the right frame of mind for this game and that's credit to him.
We need to support him as he is doing the best he can with what he has got.
We have the benefit of hindsight,Ralph didn't but hes doing his best.

Boufal for Armstrong in 86th minute on 14:28 - Nov 24 with 472 viewsthis_charming_man

He did though, boufal set djenepo up with just the keeper to beat. Maybe Armstrong was tired, maybe it was to waste a few seconds, maybe as I said above boufal can carry the ball 30 yards, Armstrong can’t. There are a number of reasons why.

Boufal for Armstrong in 86th minute on 07:13 - Nov 25 with 365 views10i

It was not that Armstrong was just tired, he was unable to run anymore suffering from cramp all the time.
I was surprised too that it was not Romeu coming on, but I liked the "go for it" thinking behind this, when in the past we were bemoaning how tried to hold on by camp in our own Penalty area and conceding all the time.
This time Boufal would have put the game to bed with what should have been his third assisst (Team high) this year, if not Djenepo had missed that absolute sitter.

Boufal for Armstrong in 86th minute on 08:38 - Nov 25 with 325 viewsgrumpy

I wasn't aware Armstrong was suffering from cramp so it made sense to replace him but with Boufal? Romeu would have made more sense,I think maybe Ralph thought Boufal could hold on to the ball and see time out.
To think that only drawing at Arsenal on their own ground was disappointing shows an improvement.

Boufal for Armstrong in 86th minute on 09:11 - Nov 25 with 303 viewsButty101

When we were winning 2-1 redmond was clean through and bottled it. Didnt get a shot fired off and ends up passing.....

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Boufal for Armstrong in 86th minute on 09:31 - Nov 25 with 293 viewsIngskneeslide

The commentator actually said just before they scored that Arsenal had spent nearly all of added on time in their own half. We should’ve scored twice (I think) in that time too so RH got it right but our pathetic defence couldn’t cope with one soft Arsenal attack in that time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024