Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

SFC hero wades in on the brexit debate on 15:58 - Aug 1 with 957 views1576

Swing Lowe

SFC hero wades in on the brexit debate on 17:30 - Aug 1 with 909 viewsdirk_doone

I had a conversation with a fervent Brexiteer the other day who told me that a new politics was arising all over Europe, not just in England with the Brexit Party but in France with Le Pen's FN and Italy. He said this had never happened before. But, it has...

"Hurrah for the Blackshirts"

This headline appeared on the front page of the 8 July 1934 edition of the Daily Mail, and accompanied a piece on Sir Oswald Mosley's British Union of Fascists that read, in part: "If the Blackshirts movement had any need of justification, the Red Hooligans who savagely and systematically tried to wreck Sir Oswald Mosley's huge and magnificently successful meeting at Olympia last night would have supplied it."

Subsequent articles emphasised the Daily Mail's unstinting support for fascism -- on 15 January 1934, the BUF was described as "a well organised party of the right ready to take over responsibility for national affairs with the same directness of purpose and energy of method as Hitler and Mussolini have displayed".

As early as 24 September 1930, the paper's proprietor Harold Harmsworth, Lord Rothermere, wrote:

"These young Germans have discovered, as I am glad to note the young men and women of England are discovering, that it is no good trusting to the old politicians. Accordingly they have formed, as I would like to see our British youth form, a Parliamentary party of their own.

On 10 July 1933, Rothermere continued:

"I urge all British young men and women to study closely the progress of the Nazi regime in Germany. They must not be misled by the misrepresentations of its opponents. The most spiteful distracters of the Nazis are to be found in precisely the same sections of the British public and press as are most vehement in their praises of the Soviet regime in Russia. They have started a clamorous campaign of denunciation against what they call "Nazi atrocities" which, as anyone who visits Germany quickly discovers for himself, consists merely of a few isolated acts of violence such as are inevitable among a nation half as big again as ours.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 13:20]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

SFC hero wades in on the brexit debate (n/t) on 17:37 - Aug 1 with 894 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 6:37]

SFC hero wades in on the brexit debate on 19:28 - Aug 1 with 840 viewskingolaf

The EU are partly to blame in this for the awful decisions they’ve made on immigration that affects working-class people more than anyone.

Also, don’t make the mistake of assuming Brexiteers are all rabid right-wingers. I’m not and nor are a lot of others. I don’t want to be ruled by an organisation that is pretty undemocratic.

SFC hero wades in on the brexit debate (n/t) on 19:33 - Aug 1 with 835 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 6:40]

SFC hero wades in on the brexit debate on 22:48 - Aug 1 with 777 viewsOccasional_Showers

When it comes to Brexit you won’t find a more sensible voice.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

SFC hero wades in on the brexit debate (n/t) on 07:05 - Aug 2 with 721 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 6:41]

SFC hero wades in on the brexit debate on 10:55 - Aug 2 with 651 viewsdirk_doone

If we leave the EU, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that another Windrush will be necessary, with more immigrants being brought in from Commonwealth countries, as there are many dirty, poorly-paid jobs that English people simply refuse to do. Waste disposal and residential care, for example, are two sectors that will be desperately short of staff. Although, with the plummeting pound, this country is going to seem much less appealing to foreign workers, except for those from the very poorest of countries in Africa and West Asia.

Let's hope everyone on here has taken Rees-Mogg's advice to put their money into euros because people's savings could take a massive hit if they are in pounds.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 11:00]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

SFC hero wades in on the brexit debate on 11:14 - Aug 2 with 635 viewsBicester_North

Yes the papers are desperate to read your ‘stuff’ before you freakishly decide to trawl through and delete it all every couple of weeks.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

SFC hero wades in on the brexit debate on 12:22 - Aug 2 with 620 viewsDominic_Oliver

Bang on Dirk!
Forget Corbyn's perfectly excusable Anti-Semitism problem, I expect it’s all lies anyway as the forthcoming Equality and Human Rights Commission investigation will prove. The last investigation was pretty thorough in 2010 when they ordered the BNP to re-write it’s constitution so I’m sure Jezza will be totally exonerated.

So quite right to call out the Swivel Eyed Brexit Party types as the real threat, their multi-ethnic façade was easily exposed by some good Liberals accusing them of all being race-traitors.
Thank god some of us can see the truth and are willing to educate any BAME people who lose their way.
Stay vigilant.
Cheers, Dom.

SFC hero wades in on the brexit debate on 12:52 - Aug 2 with 607 viewsgentlekenneth

Go and get some mountain air Basel, writing the opposite of what you actually think for some satirical mongboard content must be frying your already over-active imagination

SFC hero wades in on the brexit debate on 13:18 - Aug 2 with 595 viewsOccasional_Showers

Is it Basel? Really Kenneth? Why didn't you mention this before?

SFC hero wades in on the brexit debate on 15:21 - Aug 2 with 561 viewsgentlekenneth

Settle down Dune. You’re very irritable at the moment, are you feeling anxious that you’ve not been banned in a while and need some attention from a new username?

SFC hero wades in on the brexit debate (n/t) on 16:45 - Aug 2 with 546 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 6:42]

SFC hero wades in on the brexit debate on 21:43 - Aug 2 with 512 viewsOccasional_Showers

Oh Kenneth.

SFC hero wades in on the brexit debate on 11:02 - Aug 4 with 392 viewsDeargDoom

The EU is far more democratic than the British Parliament. That's why grubby little organisations such as UKIP and Brexit Ltd get to have representation, when they cannot get it in Westminster. Getting a new PM foisted upon us by the members of an elite club is also not exactly democratic.

SFC hero wades in on the brexit debate (n/t) on 10:13 - Aug 6 with 316 viewsBicester_North

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024