Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Dunk on 12:00 - Jul 4 with 1085 viewsSaintNick

£40 million being asked for a player who turns 28 in November and has 74 Premier League games to his name.

If Brighton sell him they might struggle next season

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Dunk on 12:34 - Jul 4 with 1030 viewssaint22

yep and if we don't sign a decent CB we will struggle next season

Dunk on 12:37 - Jul 4 with 1027 viewsgentlekenneth

Dunk on 12:53 - Jul 4 with 996 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

You wouldn't pay, as Saints CEO, £40m for Dunk though ...

The club are working hard to secure the best centre back(s) they can for right money.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Dunk on 12:54 - Jul 4 with 995 viewsSonicBoom

Does highlight how much of a risk we take when buying CB's for 16 million when someone like Dunk goes for 40....

Dunk on 12:57 - Jul 4 with 987 viewsSaintNick

Whilst I totally agree that we need at least one central defender brought in, even with the ones we had we still had a decent points average under Hasenthuttl that suggests that although we might not challenge for the top 10 without one coming in, we could be comfortable mid table given that the squad also has two new attacking options in place so we have a far better chance of outscoring the opposition than we did have last season.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Dunk on 13:11 - Jul 4 with 952 viewshedgeend61

Does this mean Harry Maguire leaving?

Dunk on 13:12 - Jul 4 with 954 viewsthis_charming_man

Weve already got our fair share of slow, lumbering centre halves so ill pass on dunk thanks

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Dunk on 13:15 - Jul 4 with 933 viewsPatfromPoole

Think Brighton fans will be gutted if Dunk goes. Think he comes from the area and is the sort of player fans would relate to.

Tough gig for Graham Potter, that job.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Dunk on 13:44 - Jul 4 with 896 views1885_SFC

Leicester looking strong for next season. They signed Perez today for £30m from Newcastle. Always rated him.

Old School is Cool

Dunk on 13:47 - Jul 4 with 888 viewsOc7saint

No doubt Brighton are thinking if Maguire, a 'good' premier league CB is valued at £75m+ then £40m for an average premier league CB is fair.

For £40m they probably wouldn't get much change from signing a good Championship defender now. I wonder what a prime Paul Telfer or Lloyd James would go for in todays market??

Dunk on 14:38 - Jul 4 with 832 viewsButty101

I would as thats the going rate. Target a reseve leftback has just been sold for 17mill. So a english centreback that is around the England squad is going to cost 40mill.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Dunk on 14:49 - Jul 4 with 818 viewssaint22

I wasn't really saying we should be paying that for Dunk (we should have signed him two seasons back cheers Les) but it does highlight how we need to unearth a bargain somewhere or cough up the going rate for a CB with experience

Dunk on 15:19 - Jul 4 with 779 views1885_SFC

I'm sure Ralph has pointed out to the board that our CB's are nowhere near good enough for this division & that we will need strengthening this Summer. He made a point of our defensive lapses & frailties enough times post match last season to the media! As we all know, good CB's in our price range are very hard to come by & in demand all across Europe. I trust Ralph however to have done his homework long before the season ended & passed a list of potential suitors to Gao & Co for consideration.

These things take time and, to coin a phrase, patience is a virtue.

Old School is Cool

Dunk on 15:20 - Jul 4 with 780 viewsChesham_Saint

Thinking about the cost for a moment...

If we offload Jack Stephens for £5m+. Then assume a new CB lasts say, 3 years and his eventual sell on covers his salary for the period (cashflow notwithstanding) then, net/net we have c£5m+ to spend on a new CB and saved Stephens’ salary which over 3 years has got to be at least what £2-3m?

If we then take it as a given that new CB improves the team by at least 4 places that adds another £8m+ place prize money each season (If the new man effectively saves us from relegation then his contribution increases 10 fold). Then add in extra TV revenue for being a more successful team, cup runs and better attendances.

This would mean the £5m Stephens fee +£2m salary + 3 seasons ‘added value’ at over £8m a year mean we could spend £30m+ on a new CB and it’s essentially cost neutral.

Or am I missing something?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Dunk on 15:35 - Jul 4 with 754 viewssaint22

That all adds up to me, question is who?
Weren't there rumours of the RB Leipzig CB coming this way?

Dunk on 15:42 - Jul 4 with 746 viewsthis_charming_man

All will be revealed my bullsh1tting, fake new york business non match attending chum, just you wait and see...

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Dunk on 15:48 - Jul 4 with 737 viewsSevenoaksSaint

Hi Chaps...sorry my first post here. Really hoping we will get a CB with pace...the lumbering back line is spot on.
Anyone heard anything about Lemina to Ajax. I am not ITK, but heard through a friend who seemed very confident that this was happening

Dunk on 15:50 - Jul 4 with 732 viewsPatfromPoole

Begs the question:

If Saints are indeed paying Jack Stephens £46k a week, how much would he get paid at Villa to make it worth him moving ??!!??

Probably £60k per week minimum.

Insane.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Dunk on 15:50 - Jul 4 with 731 viewsInspector_Gadget

Woah! there! We haven’t been introduced. Top 3 biscuits sir?

Poll: What does Mongboarding mean to you?

Dunk on 16:04 - Jul 4 with 711 viewsSevenoaksSaint

jammy dodger, bourbon, choc digest

Milligan, Cleese, Everett...sessions!

Dunk on 16:14 - Jul 4 with 687 viewsInspector_Gadget

Some fine choices there Sir...Made in Dagenham a very much underrated film...I used to live in Sevenoaks for many years. Nice part of the world

Poll: What does Mongboarding mean to you?

Dunk on 17:34 - Jul 4 with 617 viewsBlue

I think they will struggle anyway, Nick.

Still stood in the Kippax

Dunk on 17:35 - Jul 4 with 614 viewskingslandstand1

Are you a Maths teacher?

Dunk on 17:39 - Jul 4 with 600 viewskingslandstand1

You've got a lot of competition to be a qualified ITK'r on here ………………. but if Ajax fancy doing a swap deal with de Ligt I'd certainly listen
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024