Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David and Kate cross 07:15 - Jun 6 with 2961 viewsmodelboydave

Article in today’s daily mail. A few Rochdale links

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-5809373/Double-Cross-Meet-Kate-

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

David and Kate cross on 07:52 - Jun 6 with 2897 viewsEllDale

Brilliant piece.
I remember David's older brother Bob opening the bowling for Heywood as well.
I went to the Crimble a lot in the early 1970's and David and Bobby Downes were always at matches.

David and Kate cross on 08:06 - Jun 6 with 2874 viewsDiddyDave

Lovely story. I met a bloke in New Zealand in the late seventies called Jeff Rafferty who lived on Langley Estate. He played for Heywood Boys before going on to play for City A and B when Malcolm Allison was there. Jeff said Dave Cross couldn`t make the Heywood Boys team,but somebody at Rochdale saw summat in him and the rest is history. Poor Jeff got punted by City,went on to play for Bury Reserves and Great Harwood before heading to NZ where he played for Napier and Taupo for three or four years then flew home.

David and Kate cross on 09:11 - Jun 6 with 2787 viewsmingthemerciless

I played against David Cross as a school boy. Heywood Grammar School seems to ring a bell, unless I'm imagining such a school. He was pretty average to be honest. We all thought he'd no chance of making it when he first started playing for the Dale but all of a sudden something clicked and he became a real handful up front.

David and Kate cross on 09:45 - Jun 6 with 2729 viewsjohnn

David was at Haywood grammar at the same time as me,he was a winger then and could run down the wing,not leave it by more than a yard and beat anyone in his way.Seen him years later in Haywood and he still knew me and spoke,a one guy

David and Kate cross on 11:31 - Jun 6 with 2575 viewsEllDale

They used to reckon that the best prospect around Heywood at the time was a lad called Marcus Needham who lived on Darn Hill and went to the school there but he must have fallen by the wayside.
From memory he always wanted to fight after the game outside the gates!

David and Kate cross on 02:44 - Jun 7 with 2189 viewskiwidale

When Dave Cross made the first team I thought he was hopeless and worse than awful and to be fair I was right he was, but somebody saw his potential and with games under his belt he blossomed and though I never thought he was as good as Melledew Buck or Jenkins he became a great player at West Ham and City.

This is not the time for bickering.

David and Kate cross on 17:57 - Jun 7 with 2009 viewswroughtironron

I too was at Heywood Grammar when Dave Cross was Head Boy - he was 4 years older than me, and I remember him driving to school as a 6th former in an open topped sports car (possibly a Triumph Spitfire) with a mini-skirted girl in the passenger seat.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 18:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024