Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 16:07 - Oct 13 with 882 viewscostasaint

Probably by a tiny minority of far right idiots.

The vast majority of Spanish people do not have a problem with muslims.

There is no large far right party in Spain for a reason.

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 16:09 - Oct 13 with 876 viewssaint68

It states quite clearly 6. 7 million foreigners in 2011.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 16:09 - Oct 13 with 876 viewsChapstick

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Spain

Poll: Les Reed. Stay or Fired.

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 16:10 - Oct 13 with 875 viewsLeslie

About 4 pages ago I asked for reasons why we'd be better off with Brexit without the immigration issue being one of them. 3 pages on and it's all about immigration. Even half a page about Muslims.

Poll: Will you buy the new shirt(s)

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 16:14 - Oct 13 with 871 viewssaint68

I made some points they have all been verifiable and factually correct. I am not seeking an opinion I was just stating the situation which I was asked to back up. Well I have and it's not to upset you it's just the reality.

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 16:16 - Oct 13 with 867 viewssaint68

I posted a piece that was open to response on various points Les, did you not read it?.

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 16:19 - Oct 13 with 857 viewssaint68

In case you missed it Les.

I would like your opinion on some of the points raised if you feel like it.

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 16:23 - Oct 13 with 849 viewsLeslie

I read the post about the Netherlands/Germany etc leaving and the collapse of the EU, and the rise of far right groups etc (immigration). I want to know what people expect to better in the future? Will the NHS be better off? Will the demise of the economy slow down things like new housing? Will we be better off long term, seeing as the short term is looking pretty bad? The pound dropping.

Bollocks to foreigners argument (that's been done to death)

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 16:41 - Oct 13 with 833 viewssaint68

If as I alluded to that those countries vote to leave then the whole situation is null and void so in essence we have to get on with it and make the right decisions to enable us to prosper in years to come.
The current fear is that the big boys in Brussels will try and fuk us over if they can and cause hardships for us if possible. So as the whole situation is still hypothetical not one person can say with any real certainty what will happen.
The only certain thing is that we will have to be productive and competitive as a country again.

Opportunities knocking take it or sink.

The government announced they will be supporting the building of thousands of new homes at their conference a couple of weeks back as well as an aim to train thousands of doctors /gp's over the next 7 yrs so there are lots of possible stimulus not yet engaged but ready to go over the next few years. As for the euro it might not be in existence for its 20th anniversary.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 16:49]

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 17:20 - Oct 13 with 805 viewsButty101

had we been voting to join the EU, and where told that it would cost us £350mil a week for the privileged, we would be told where we could fish and how many fish we could catch, that it would decimate our farming and manufacturing industries, the population would grow extortionately and cause a strain on stretched services and most importantly we would throw away bananas that where not straight! You would be a mad man to vote to in.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 17:23 - Oct 13 with 801 viewsLeslie

Eh?

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 17:45 - Oct 13 with 777 viewscostasaint

Err no, it quite clearly states that in 2015 the number of Moroccans was 1,182,268 and the number of Romanians was 750,883.

Quite a big difference

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 17:47 - Oct 13 with 776 viewscostasaint

That page is for 2011.

The Spanish wiki page I posted a link to is for 2015

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 17:49 - Oct 13 with 774 viewscostasaint

And you actually believe the 350 million a week lie?

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 17:52 - Oct 13 with 772 viewscostasaint

If you ask any of the Spanish that live near places like Magaluf, Benidorm, Benalmadena etc I think they will tell you that it's the Brits that are a problem in Spain not muslims

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 17:58 - Oct 13 with 762 viewssaint68

Just scroll down and see for yourself

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url= https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Spain&ved=0ahUKEwiRmdGBn9jPAhVFXhoK

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 18:05 - Oct 13 with 750 viewssaint68

Or this

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url= https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanians_in_Spain&ved=0ahUKEwjy5pzSodjPAhXCWBoK

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 18:11 - Oct 13 with 739 viewssaint68

Or here's something I made up earlier!!!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url= http://www.euroweeklynews.com/3.0.15/news/on-euro-weekly-news/spain-news-in-engl

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 19:17 - Oct 13 with 708 viewsChapstick

Actually, if you read the first line it says, 2015.

As of 2015, there were over 6.1 million foreign-born people in Spain, over 13% of the total population.[1] Out of these around 4.5 million had not yet acquired citizenship corresponding to 10% of the total population. Of these, 4.1 million (8.9% of the total population) were citizens of a country outside the European Union and 2.3 million (5.1%) were citizens of another EU Member State.[2]

I suspect Romanians are tops of the list ahead of Moroccans. But it does not matter really as 800K is a lot in any case.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 19:19]

Poll: Les Reed. Stay or Fired.

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 19:44 - Oct 13 with 692 viewssaint68

Slightly misleading title but I think the second paragraph clarifies the situation.

The link I have tried to paste is unfortunately not responsive.

Search using the title below.
Morrocans make up highest expat population in Spain.

The article is from 31 july 2015 and despite the title it clearly shows that Romanians are the highest percentage of expats now living in Spain.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 19:59]

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 19:45 - Oct 13 with 696 viewsdune

Expats in Spain are a bit like Scousers, they get off the Irish ferry and and are too lazy/stupid to get past Liverpool. Obviously in Spain these types are the ones in Alicante and Malaga (which is a proper dump). The further away from the airport you go the more sophisticated and better bred the Expats are.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 19:46]

http://www.westmonster.com/
Poll: Given his track record should Les Reed be allowed to appoint the next manager?

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 19:58 - Oct 13 with 675 viewsHappy_Jack

You don't have to travel too far from Malaga. All the expats I've met in Elviria have been very nice. They are in the main crushing golf bores though.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 20:09 - Oct 13 with 666 viewsdune

Unrelated, but FAF. Was sat in the lobby earlier waiting for the ferry back to our civilised and exclusive all inclusive island paradise hotel and a 60 something German couple had just arrived with their cases, along with 2 other younger German couples. Anyway we get talking (in English of course) and I give some advice on how best to travel, and interact with the natives and show them the Jewelry we'd bought. He then whispers is there anywhere he can buy an iron cross. I was thinking he meant like a replica medal equivalent to a St. George's Cross, but it turned out he wanted to buy a silver swastika ha ha as they're illegal in Germany.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 20:09]

Poll: Given his track record should Les Reed be allowed to appoint the next manager?

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 20:19 - Oct 13 with 655 viewsHappy_Jack

If you happen to share a poolside drink with him he may well be in a position to offer you a once in a lifetime chance to buy some cheap gold. Just don't let him take any liberties with the sun beds.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

What's the latest on Brexit then ? on 20:25 - Oct 13 with 648 viewsdune

There are plenty of sun beds, but the coonts still scuttle down to get the prime positions at 6:30 am. Obnoxious cretins. They even bring their own pegs to secure their towels to the sun beds ffs.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 20:26]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024