Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can you help? 22:03 - Aug 24 with 4650 viewsWhiteyBFC

http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread.php?231332-Rochdale-travel-suggest

Can you help? on 22:23 - Aug 24 with 4597 viewsRAFCBLUE

Can't beat Shanks's Pony Whitey.

Cheap, eco-friendly and not reliant on others.

You Tykes love a bargain!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Can you help? on 22:30 - Aug 24 with 4577 viewsBrighouseDale

Get train, taxis outside the station (1997 Toyota Aventis) will take you to The Baum for £4, sink a couple of real ales and perhaps a delicious sandwich. Pleasant beer garden if it's nice out. From there get a taxi to The Cemetery, another £4, just enough time for a swift one before a five minute walk to the ground.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Can you help? on 23:29 - Aug 24 with 4477 viewsSandyman

The Baum and The Cem are good ale options, Taxi from the rail station straight to Ratcliffes at Spotland the most efficient. Yoksher types might wish a taxi to The Star on Edenfield Rd (5 ish mins walk from the ground) for cheap Sam Smiths.

Pricier public hire cabs will be outside the rail station, cheaper options include

United Millennium & Bamford Cars Tel: 01706 646465

Streamline 01706 710100

Street parking available beyond Sandy Lane on Ings Lane but you'll need to get in early.

Owt else, you know you can ask on 'ere.

Can you help? on 01:10 - Aug 25 with 4374 viewsflyerdale

Or if you want proper ale at a decent price you can heat the flying horse, walk to town centre where the town hall is you can't miss it on the car park. Then get a taxi up to the ground full as an onion.

Can you help? on 02:16 - Aug 25 with 4347 viewsDiddyDave

Don`t they run buses from near the cenotaph any more up to Spotland Stadium?

Can you help? on 09:43 - Aug 25 with 4206 viewsdingdangblue

A few 'ground guides' mention buses running from train station to Spotland on match days? Never heard this mentioned before?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Can you help? on 12:30 - Aug 25 with 4026 viewsdannyuk

Can't beat The Baum for real ales, CAMRA national pub of the year in 2013, quite pricey though compared to the Flying Horse and obviously the Regal Moon. The 3 in a row make a decent real ale trip from the centre of Rochdale part-way to the ground though.

Can you help? on 12:39 - Aug 25 with 3996 viewsD_Alien

tbh a couple of bevvies in each and and you'll just float the rest of the way

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Can you help? on 14:28 - Aug 25 with 3884 viewsWhiteyBFC

I'll pass these tips on.

Personally, I'm more than happy with a steady walk to the ground from the station, probably stop off for one drink halfway (not sure where yet) and then into the Ratcliffe for one or two before watching what I hope will be an entertaining game with a positive outcome for us.

Can you help? on 14:34 - Aug 25 with 3861 views442Dale

After your start, how many do you think you'll bring?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Can you help? on 14:35 - Aug 25 with 3860 viewsaleanddale

The above has nailed it....

The best of what's on offer in Rochdale..

Real ale tour... Flying horse - wetherspoons - Baum - Cem..

Then the Radcliffe arms up to kick off.

Do you think you will bring over 2000 supporters Whitey?? With your semi reasonable start to the season?

Can you help? on 14:40 - Aug 25 with 3848 viewsdingdangblue

Suppose a lot may ride on the Everton performance and any feel good factor that comes from it. A poor performance and/or heavy loss and I cant see many more than 1500 making the journey . A decent performance and maybe 2000 may head over?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Can you help? on 14:49 - Aug 25 with 3826 viewsflyerdale

There's reasons for that award but we won't get into that on here its all in the past. Yes a good few pubs to have a swift pint or two. See its not all doom and gloom in the town, you can get Trollied on decent beer.

Can you help? on 16:14 - Aug 25 with 3751 viewsWhiteyBFC

We were given 1,000 tickets and by all accounts we've not sold them all. 700 sold as of this morning. Of course, many others (like me) will pay on the day, so I reckon you're looking at 1,500 or so.

Our start has been mediocre. Results haven't been bad I suppose, but there's been little in the way of entertainment, Millwall aside.

A win over Everton or a new permanent signing in before the weekend, that might coax a few out. I dunno. Can't see more than 1,500 which is a shame, but to be fair that's a good following, I think I'm in a small minority who see appeal in a trip to Dale.

Can you help? on 16:21 - Aug 25 with 3733 viewsYorkshire_Dale

No...but a bus service from the Bus Station costs £2 and drops off at the Sandy Lane gates.

simples

Can you help? on 16:25 - Aug 25 with 3720 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Do your lot not see San Spotty as a"happy hunting ground",what with your double over us last season?

Can you help? on 16:38 - Aug 25 with 3697 viewsWhiteyBFC

I'm happier that Stonesy has just slapped in a transfer request, meaning he doesn't have to play against us and sees us likely to get £6m by next week.

Here's Stonesy and the bloke who gave him this platform.... (if the photo uploads)

[Post edited 25 Aug 2015 16:40]

Can you help? on 16:40 - Aug 25 with 3691 viewsWhiteyBFC

Can you help? (n/t) on 18:56 - Aug 25 with 3577 viewshowy10

Can you help? (n/t) on 18:56 - Aug 25 with 3575 viewshowy10

Can you help? on 19:21 - Aug 25 with 3541 viewsArthurDaley

Blimey DD, we are going back a good few years there. When we used to set of from Oswald Street, with, in my case half a crown, 2/6d or 12and a half pence in todays money. Sometimes walk to the ground or get the bus from outside the Post Office. Even getting a bus both ways and paying into the ground we still had change from 2/6d.
Them were the days not many had cars, its a lot different now.

A few years ago a company in Rochdale tried to revive it. Think it was MR Travel, but it didn't last long. Come to think of it I haven't seen any MR Travel busses for a long time.

A large VAT Dave

Can you help? on 19:46 - Aug 25 with 3498 viewsD_Alien

Trying to get up the Willbutts Lane slope from Edenfield Road probably did for them - I can remember the old Rochdale Corporation buses nearly blowing their gaskets doing that!

They were so slow struggling up the slope, people used to jump off the open back-end platform and walk up the hill quicker.

[Post edited 25 Aug 2015 20:15]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Can you help? on 00:04 - Aug 26 with 3357 viewsDiddyDave

Those were the days! Think it cost three hapence for a half fare on`t bus,a tanner to get in and threepence for a programme. So a bob all up,still had enough for a Wagon Wheel and a cup of hot tomato soup. Eeeeee it were reet grand. That`s right Arfur,we`d sometimes walk either along Spotland Road,or go through Falinge Park. Never forget walking back through Falinge Park after the abandoned game with Peterborough because the fog came down January 1961,I think. You couldn`t see your hand in front of your face!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024