Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Europa League Question on 12:26 - May 21 with 1862 viewsdirk_doone

As the FA Cup winners will not be competing, I'm sure 6th place will be given priority over 7th place for the bye through to the group stage.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Europa League Question on 12:31 - May 21 with 1848 viewsSalisburySaint

Answer to you r question is No, unless you fancy playing more games

If we finish 7th we go in at 3rd Qualifying round, unless Villa win cup in which case we do not qualify

If we finish 6th we go in at Group Stage unless Villa win cup in which case we would be in 3rd Qualifying round

If we finish 5th guaranteed Group stage start

so at the moment we need Arsenal to win the cup IMO

mind you there is also the Fair play league where if we were successful we would go in at 1st Qual round, although I believe West Ham favourites for that at the moment and

Europa League Question on 12:31 - May 21 with 1847 viewsSaintNick

Thats why i asked the question Dirk as its not clear, Hull even though they were runners up in cup last year still went in at group stage

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Europa League Question on 12:35 - May 21 with 1831 viewsChesham_Saint

I want arsenal to win the cup regardless as a) this will piss spurs off more and b) I thought Villa's fans on Saturday were a pain in the arse.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Europa League Question on 12:37 - May 21 with 1827 viewsmangobean

seems even more complex than the D/L method in cricket...

Europa League Question on 12:40 - May 21 with 1819 viewsSalisburySaint

Hull went in qualifying rounds last year and were knocked out by Belgium side Lokeren on away goals at the play off stage before the Group Stage

anyway the Cup runner up doesn't qualify this year, only winner, who if they haven't qualified for Champions league go in at Group Stage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_UEFA_Europa_League

on Wiki site shows you some of our potential opponents should we qualify as well as explaining qualifying criteria

Europa League Question on 13:39 - May 21 with 1757 viewsSaintNick

I looked at that, its clear where the "FA Cup Winners" will go in at but not if the spot is passed back to the league

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Europa League Question on 13:54 - May 21 with 1734 viewssaint22

this is what will happen
we beat Citeh
Spurs and Liverpool draw
Arsenal win the Cup

Europa League Question on 17:19 - May 21 with 1631 viewsSalisburySaint

This explanation is included in WIKI article

When the domestic cup winners (considered as the "highest-placed" qualifier within the national association with the latest starting round) also qualify for the Champions League, their Europa League place is vacated. As a result, the highest-placed team in the league which have not yet qualified for European competitions qualify for the Europa League, with the Europa League qualifiers which finish above them in the league moved up one "place" (the 2015—16 season will be the first with this particular arrangement where the domestic cup runners-up are no longer guaranteed a place in the Europa League in this scenario

Europa League Question on 19:01 - May 21 with 1563 viewsBlue

SalisburySaint I was talking to somebody about this last week, the fair play (possible) spot, it wouldn't be West Ham.

IF the English Premier League is in the top 6/7 (I think) nations in Europe, they get an extra spot in the Europa, which gets given to the next highest team, which if you finish 7th, would be you.

That's what the fella I was talking to said so don't shoot the messenger!

Pretty sure we qualified that way under Keegan one season, only to be knocked out by the mighty Groclin FC from Poland on away goals.......

Still stood in the Kippax

Europa League Question on 21:17 - May 21 with 1480 viewsemigrant

We will finish 5th.

Poll: Who Can Explain Their Investment Procedures

Europa League Question on 19:26 - May 28 with 1249 viewsBlue

Well I got this completely wrong, didn't I?

Come on Arsenal

Still stood in the Kippax

Europa League Question on 19:28 - May 28 with 1243 viewsDel_Bianco

Can't we go back to a straight knock out set up? Its much more exciting and simpler too.

Part of A small, but perfectly formed nucleus of clueless c**ts bowling underarm, deludely thinking they're in the big leagues since December 2015
Poll: what do you prefer?

Europa League Question on 19:32 - May 28 with 1235 viewsHatch

Yeah but not so much moolah to be made that way if you go out early as we always used to.

Allo creeps.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024