Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Monumental stupidity on 18:37 - Oct 8 with 1122 viewsSaintGeorge

Highly unlikely any of the military personnel will come into contact with the blood, saliva, faeces or urine of an infected patient - Ebola is actually very hard to catch. It's been passed on to medical care staff because of their immediate proximity to very sick patients and a woefully inadequate protection protocol. The intervention is part of a project to improve those failings.

Poll: What should remainers be called now, since they're leaving too?

Monumental stupidity on 19:18 - Oct 8 with 1074 viewsRednWight

So are you volunteering to pop over and help as its so safe ?

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Monumental stupidity on 19:20 - Oct 8 with 1070 viewsLeslie

They'd have to send docs in November. It's doctober don't forget

Poll: Will you buy the new shirt(s)

Monumental stupidity on 19:25 - Oct 8 with 1066 viewsdirk_doone

Nobody can predict the mutations of a virus. There is a very strong possibility of airborne contagion. A related strain of the virus in monkeys was spread by coughing and sneezing. Ebola carriers are walking around. Dead victims are lying outside in the streets. You haven't spent much time in West Africa if you think that it's unlikely they'll come into contact with the bodily fluids of the local population, and that will include Ebola carriers. A victim may wander around for days before he is hospitalized or dies in the street. The Ebola virus can incubate in a victim for up to 21 days before it becomes symptomatic. Effluent flows through the open sewers of West Africa.

Do you really believe that these thousands of American and hundreds of British troops are never going to come into contact with the local population?

[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 10:39]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Monumental stupidity on 19:59 - Oct 8 with 1028 viewsdune

If they are taking a hospital ship it stands to reason that we will be admitting those infected onto it, and the soldiers will come into contact with them. If a trained nurse in an isolation unit caught it, then I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest and poorly trained soldier might become infected.

That said I'm not surprised we are doing this as our foreign policy has been utterly incompetent for years.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2014 20:00]

http://www.westmonster.com/
Poll: Given his track record should Les Reed be allowed to appoint the next manager?

Monumental stupidity on 20:12 - Oct 8 with 1008 viewsBoris_

I would imagine the soldiers will be working in NBC conditions. It's no big deal, good to see we are trying to help contain the virus in Africa.

Poll: Claude Puel

Monumental stupidity on 20:15 - Oct 8 with 1004 viewsdune

"It's no big deal"

So please explain how an uneducated squaddie will be more competent than a nurse trained to work on an isolation unit?

Poll: Given his track record should Les Reed be allowed to appoint the next manager?

Monumental stupidity on 20:21 - Oct 8 with 996 viewsBoris_

They are not working in an isolation unit you thick coont. They are building field hospitals and treatment centres.

So please explain how an un-trained nurse will be more competent at building field hospitals than a highly trained soldier.

I love the "uneducated squaddie" comment. Usually that one is thrown out by little internet weasels who have always dreamt of doing something worthwhile with their life but never had the b*llocks to back it up, eh Duney?

Monumental stupidity on 20:26 - Oct 8 with 990 viewsLeslie

Our armed forces are magnificent. They're not going to be in direct contact with the sick, like the nurses. They will do a grand job, as always. I'm a massive admirer of our forces

Monumental stupidity on 20:28 - Oct 8 with 987 viewsdune

Did I say they will be working in an isolation unit? Clearly they won't, but clearly they will be operating in an uncivilised third world environment where the sanitation (that's sewerage to you Boris) isn't up to scratch.

As to the uneducated squaddie comment, I was actually thinking of you, and as such I apologise for making this sweeping statement as clearly you are particularly thick and an extreme example to base ones opinion on.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2014 20:29]

Monumental stupidity on 20:28 - Oct 8 with 986 viewsBoris_

You're a gentleman as always Leslie, I feel our relationship has blossomed since the bed wetters were outed.

Anyone who slags off our Armed Forces are clearly weak people, who have never contributed anything to society. FACT

Monumental stupidity on 20:33 - Oct 8 with 974 viewsLeslie

I always liked our old style "banter" pal. No hard feelings from me. Only the internet pal.

You're certainly not a bedwetter. You've been proved right about the dwarf too.

Our forces are one of very few things I'm really proud about our country

Monumental stupidity on 20:35 - Oct 8 with 968 viewsBoris_

Dune you thick little coont, are you suggesting that our soldiers are not trained to work in third world countries and contaminated environments?

I'd suggest they have a whole fooking load more training than what a nurse from Sierra Leone benefits from, wouldn't you? What "education" do you think a nurse from Sierra Leone gets Dune?

You're making yourself look stupid once again Dune. No surprise a weak little girl like you finds time to mock our forces. One day Duney, you'll do something with your life.

Monumental stupidity on 20:47 - Oct 8 with 959 viewsdune

Yes this is exactly what I'm suggesting. I'm not mocking our forces, but I know that the squaddies they send out would have been working for an agency in a factory if they hadn't joined up. In other words they aren't the brightest, and if a nurse trained to work in an isolation unit can become infected it's not unreasonable to suggest a squaddie is at more risk especially given the unsanitary conditions over there.

Monumental stupidity on 20:55 - Oct 8 with 945 viewsBoris_

How do you know that Dune? Was that your excuse for not joining up? Was that your cover story when the truth was that your were not physically or mentally tough enough and were too scared? It's generally the nations weak that resort back to the "not the brightest" line when talking about our forces.

The truth is Dune, you think they are not the brightest because you could never achieve the mental toughness and bravery it takes to serve your country. It's a cop out on your part and your way of dealing with your weakness.

The nurse was working in an isolation unit. She'd have done no more than a few days training on this, probably years ago. The native Sierra Leone nurses have little or no 'education' in nursing.

Whereas soldier are constantly training to work in NBC/Contaminated environments and have all of the necessary equipment to be able to do this, not to mention a 'Hospital Island' which in the unlikely event of any virus, they can get the best treatment possible away from other human life.

Get a grip Duney, you ponce.

Monumental stupidity on 20:59 - Oct 8 with 942 viewsdune

"The nurse was working in an isolation unit. She'd have done no more than a few days training on this, probably years ago. The native Sierra Leone nurses have little or no 'education' in nursing. "

I'll let Dirk have fun with you now. Even by your usual standards you've excelled this evening.

Monumental stupidity on 21:03 - Oct 8 with 938 viewsLeslie

Dirk would be fine out there. Nobody would sneeze or cough in his face. He's 6foot5 after all

Monumental stupidity on 21:15 - Oct 8 with 924 viewsBoris_

Don't run away Duney, that will be yet another example of how weak you are.

It really upsets you that you never had the balls to do anything meaningful for your country, eh?

Finally Dune, as I am starting to feel a little bit sorry for you now. The Spanish "nurse" you talk about.

You do realise she was an auxiliary nurse, don't you? You do realise that is not a qualified nurse, don't you?

You do realise that is a minimum wage health care assistant role, don't you? Someone who wipes arses and bed baths people.

Tell us about their training Dune?

You do realise that someone working for an agency in a factory would get paid more than an auxiliary nurse, don't you?

Game, Set & Match to Boris_

Now stop making a tit of yourself Dune.

Monumental stupidity on 21:59 - Oct 8 with 886 viewsdune

Can you even run with your stunted Stavros Flatley legs?

Monumental stupidity on 22:23 - Oct 8 with 865 viewsredblooded

Better to put in full effort to contain the virus at source than try to contain an outbreak here, as by that time it would be multiple carriers entering by numerous means including illegal migration.

LOVE and PEACE man! not you skate!
Poll: Stoke v Southampton prediction

Monumental stupidity on 22:30 - Oct 8 with 858 viewsBoris_

Dune, less than 2 years ago I ran cross-country from London to Brighton, 105km , I am doing the same next year - What have you done anywhere near that distance? Nothing?

Once again, Boris_ is one step ( or a few thousand steps ) ahead of you.

Monumental stupidity on 22:42 - Oct 8 with 844 viewsdune

Welldone, that's a marvellous achievement, you should've fitted yourself with a pedometer and one to a normal person, and then you could've trumpeted that step for step you ran twice as far as anyone else.

Monumental stupidity on 23:02 - Oct 8 with 821 viewsKiwifiedpom1

No it's not. If anything, there should be an International rapid reaction medical force ready to go as soon as training permits

Monumental stupidity on 23:33 - Oct 8 with 801 viewsBoris_

Game, Set & Match to Boris_

Dune will forever be known as the person who thinks that an arse wiping support worker and a third world educated nurse are trained to a higher level than our wonderful Armed Forces, which are the best in the world.

Monumental stupidity on 07:14 - Oct 9 with 763 viewsSaintGeorge

Two posts I have to pick up on this morning - this moronic riposte from red & wight, which suggests that if I stay at home to do my everyday job, I am too frit to go into the deadly virus zone. Genius logic.

Then there's this other w@nkbreak post by dirk - to be replied to below

Poll: What should remainers be called now, since they're leaving too?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024