Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slade resigns 22:37 - Sep 24 with 3428 viewsDale1990

Following Orient rejecting an approach from Cardiff, Slade has resigned.

Slade resigns on 22:59 - Sep 24 with 3375 viewsboffley

Managers usually "resign" just after their teams have played The Dale---not 3 days before.
Hopefully this will work very much in our favour on Saturday.

Slade resigns on 23:04 - Sep 24 with 3357 viewsCockneyDale

Not clear whether it's been accepted yet

Slade resigns on 13:06 - Sep 25 with 2930 viewsRochblue

It's been confirmed that Kevin Nugent will take control of their team for Saturday's match.

http://www.leytonorient.com/news/article/nuge-saturday-250914-1960838.aspx?

Slade resigns on 13:48 - Sep 25 with 2832 viewsRosun

Worried. Don't players usually raise their game for a new (if only temporary) manager?

Slade resigns on 13:56 - Sep 25 with 2805 viewsAtThePeake

I think it depends on the situation. Leeds certainly picked up for Redfearn and Fulham won their first game under Symons on Tuesday.

Slade did a good job at Orient and seemed to be very much respected by the players - his decision to leave is more likely to have a negative impact on their mindset in this case in my opinion.

Tangled up in blue.

Slade resigns on 15:06 - Sep 25 with 2691 viewsoff2div1

Slade resigns on 15:56 - Sep 25 with 2606 viewsDevonDale

Is that the same Kevin Dearden referred to in that article that was on loan with us a few years back - goalkeeper from Spurs if my memory serves me right.

Slade resigns on 16:06 - Sep 25 with 2586 viewsaleanddale

My thoughts too..

they really liked him down there a popular bloke Slade.

any unrest will help us i suppose.

as most of the time the first goal will be key especially in this one.

Slade resigns on 16:20 - Sep 25 with 2550 viewsdingdangblue

Not worried. Our players will be fine.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Slade resigns on 16:22 - Sep 25 with 2540 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Just hope that Rascal Chris Dagnall does n't start for them........we know what he can do.

Slade resigns on 10:48 - Sep 27 with 2074 viewsD_Dale

Though at his other clubs Dagnall has never scored so freely as he did when at Dale (so sod's law means he'll get a hat-trick today).

Not much prematch comment on this forum. Maybe Dale's record there doesn't inspire optimism: in 18 league matches Orient have won 13 and drawn 3; Dale have managed to win there twice. It's not surprising the bookies make the home side firm favourites to win.

On the other hand, Dale's two wins came in the last six meetings (Orient won the other four 2-1). And in their three home league games this season Orient have taken one point and scored once. Dale (played 9) are 7th in the table, Orient (played 8) are 17th.

Slade's departure creates uncertainty. Perhaps too does the ref., Darren Sheldrake, who is regularly slated for his inconsistency, excessive use of yellow and red cards, and a tendency to see what everyone else misses and miss what everyone else sees. (But he's not in the same league as Rob Styles, who sent off Keith Hill at Brisbane Road in the first minute.)

I'm looking forward to seeing how things pan out this afternoon.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 10:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024