Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Not Very Reassured by Swindon Result on 22:45 - Jul 22 with 1313 viewsSaintNick

results mean nothing at this time of the season, Swindon will be a week ahead of us in pre season and forming their side whereas our side is still experimental

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Not Very Reassured by Swindon Result on 23:25 - Jul 22 with 1283 viewshedgeend61

Everton would have been expected to beat a weaker league 2 side Tranmere by a few tonight i guess, they drew 2-2.

We used 22 players . Swindon looked ok and passed the ball quite well.

The result in the grand scheme of things was irrelevant, apart from a few on here who lost a little sleep and think relegation beckons as we couldn't put a few past little Swindon.

Stop panicking FFS

Not Very Reassured by Swindon Result on 23:29 - Jul 22 with 1273 viewsKiwifiedpom1

I've heard that before.

Not Very Reassured by Swindon Result on 00:24 - Jul 23 with 1247 viewsSonicBoom

The result doesnt matter although im a little concerned by the standard of opposition we have pre season.
United (I know I know, they are a different kettle of fish) are playing the likes of Real Madrid, Roma, Milan and LA Galaxy on their Us tour.
Other than leverkeusen we are playing low quality opposition.
Two things strike me. Surely they will be more up to speed than us - and secondly how will it help RK judge the readiness of the youngsters to step up this year by playing partvtimers in Belgium, Swindon and Bournemouth?
Before u all shout I am not comparing us directly with man u. Its just an illustration.

Not Very Reassured by Swindon Result on 07:52 - Jul 23 with 1162 viewsSaintNick

The problem is getting good quality opposition to play pre season, the reason United are playing these clubs is down to one reason and that is cash, all the clubs are being offered good money to play in the USA and indeed places like the middle east etc.

The downside could be that by the time United kick off the premier they could be a little frazzled, Saints pre season is quite sstructured in that they are progressively playing better sides ending with Leverkuesen, I would suspect that there may be a closed door friendly or two against other quality opposition fitted in

Not Very Reassured by Swindon Result on 07:58 - Jul 23 with 1158 viewskingslandstand1

I hear the skates even scored 2 against them last night

(Await meltdown posts from bestest fans in world)

Not Very Reassured by Swindon Result on 08:06 - Jul 23 with 1151 viewssolent_toffee

That was a great result for Everton, they normally lose against Tranmere every year.

Pre seasons are about fitness not results.

Not Very Reassured by Swindon Result on 08:16 - Jul 23 with 1142 viewsHeisenberg

Per season is about the bigger clubs getting all the players they want by offering massive transfer fees and wages. It's also about footballers displaying a total lack of respect and loyalty for the clubs that gave them a chance and jumping ship at the first opportunity. And if I see another twot doing that Bale heart thing or kissing a feckin badge the boot is going through the telly.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Not Very Reassured by Swindon Result on 09:01 - Jul 23 with 1115 viewsVeloSaint

The Cherries and Seagulls games will also be very competitive matches, they'll be a week ahead of us in terms of prep and will want to put in a good performance against localish rivals. I agree I think on paper at least this is one of our most structured pre-seasons in terms of games for some while.

Additionally staying local has the added bonus for the new coaching staff and players to have time to sort themselves out off the field without the distraction of weeks away on tours.

Not Very Reassured by Swindon Result on 09:18 - Jul 23 with 1105 viewsdirk_doone

A win is a win is a win.

For some people, pre-season results don't seem to bother them at all but for real fanatics they do. Think of those 2 Newcastle fans who were flying out to New Zealand. I bet the results mattered to them. I am really pleased that we have won our first 3 pre-season games. I hope we can beat Bournemouth now. I'd hate to see them beat us. I'd rather see us win a pre-season game 1-0 against Swindon than lose 1-0 to Real Madrid.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Not Very Reassured by Swindon Result on 09:21 - Jul 23 with 1102 viewsSaintNick

Seems there is disagreement at Old Trafford about their pre season

New Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has criticised the club's pre-season tour schedule in America.
United play Los Angeles Galaxy in Pasadena on Wednesday, before games in Denver, Washington and Detroit.
Dutchman Van Gaal, 62, blamed "commercial activities" for the amount of travel.
"You have to travel distances, you have to fly a lot, you also have jetlag - that is not very positive for a good preparation," he said.

His statement contradicted the words of executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward 24 hours earlier, when he insisted the tour - which will see United travel almost 13,500 miles if they reach the final of the International Champions Cup - did not disrupt preparation.

Not Very Reassured by Swindon Result on 10:00 - Jul 23 with 1072 viewsSonicBoom

Sorry dirk, just checking but did you say you would rather beat Swindon one nil, than lose to Real Madrid one nil?

Not Very Reassured by Swindon Result on 10:03 - Jul 23 with 1071 viewsdune

Pre season friendliest are just training sessions. Don't take any notice of the results.

http://www.westmonster.com/
Poll: Given his track record should Les Reed be allowed to appoint the next manager?

Not Very Reassured by Swindon Result on 10:20 - Jul 23 with 1062 viewsdirk_doone

Yes. I'd rather see us win some easy pre-season games and build confidence than lose some hard ones. For the same reason, it's always good to start the league season with some easy fixtures. A run of defeats at the beginning of the season, even if they are against the top teams, can be hard to recover from.

I am going to watch Real Madrid though, but against Sevilla. I'm glad we don't have to face them.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 10:22]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Not Very Reassured by Swindon Result on 10:51 - Jul 23 with 1039 viewsSonicBoom

I take your point but the more successful teams use pre season the generate cash (so a commercial opportunity that we are missing out on) and to boost their profile.
High profile opposition will do that. Playing the likes of Real Madrid would be fantastic and id much rather watch that than Bournemouth, Swindon, Brighton, and some Belgian teams.
West Ham are in new Zealand and Newcastle are in Australia.united in North America as were spurs. I just feel we are missing a trick. We could have had this schedule when we were in league 1.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024