Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Departures 16:59 - Mar 8 with 3057 viewsLiam12345

If these players go and we get this amount for them,

Vorm - £8m
Williams - £9m
Taylor - £5 - 4m
Davies - £8m
De Guzman - Save Wages
Michu - £20m

Approx Total £50m

Who would you buy with that money to replace those players?

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Departures on 17:03 - Mar 8 with 3022 viewseddie71

Would never get that much for Taylor or any of the others with the exception of Ben. I would try to bring Borini in though and Caulker if you know who go down.

Departures on 17:05 - Mar 8 with 3007 viewsDull1Thomas

Michu won't attract any offers unless he plays and plays well before the end of the season.
Letting Ben go for 8 million would be foolish IMO
Taylor probably about right
Williams overpriced at 9 million - showing signs, this season, of slowing down (mentally and well as physically but might go to boost his pension and although I'd prefer him to stay I'd be pleased for him).
Vorm? If he gets to Brazil we could cash in for a few bob more.

We'll also have to replace Rangel (ageing)
and Leon - even he can't go on for ever.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Departures on 10:05 - Mar 9 with 2536 viewsAnotherJohn

The problem we will have is wages rather than transfer fees. in other words some of our stars were bargains in terms of transfer fees and their wages haven't quite caught up with the prices we might be able to sell them for. That means that we'd probably be tempted to gamble by buying lower price replacements whose wages are also relatively modest in the hope that they come good. This is a high-risk strategy, but perhaps inevitable for a club in our position. I hope the Board realise though that we are going to need the occasional Bony-type signing as well as the bargains. I am of course assuming that we stay up.

Departures on 22:02 - Mar 9 with 2317 viewsCatullus

Those prices are at least 30% more than we can expect to get, with the exception of Ben. Vorm and Michu even more so.
I think we'll get closer to 30 million but I don't see us selling Taylor AND Davies anyway. So more like 26 million.
With that in mind I think we'll be looking at one big signing of maybe 8/9 million, depending on who's available and 3/4 players of 2/3 million. The rest of the money goes toward wages.
Just my opinion.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Departures on 13:08 - Mar 10 with 2081 viewsOdgaard

SOrry to say these prices are overrated!!

its more like this
Vorm - £5m
Williams - £6m
Taylor - £4m
Davies - £8m
Michu - £6-7m Maybe less, the injury doubt, makes his value close to nothing,..

Sell Taylor would be insane.. Because Ben Davies would proberly go this or next transfer window.. Big talent..

Williams is old, and i cant se why anyone would buy him now!..

JDG is a keeper, but i doubt that he would stay here after the summer...

Departures on 13:24 - Mar 10 with 2046 viewsDull1Thomas

Starting point for new season if we're in the Prem

Current squad but for
Vorm gone after World Cup runner up)
Taylor - will get the move he's wanted for some time
Rangel - will effectively become backup due to his age catching up. Start doing the badges
Williams - will finally get his big pay off by having a couple of seasons on silly pay with QPR or Stoke
Michu - injury or move back to Spain
deGuzman - not ours
Jazz - away for full time football
Routledge - looking for final big pay day (see Williams)
Wilf - to mainland Europe - especially if he has a good WC
Lamah - regular football calls
Lita - just think he'll go
Vaesquez - club decision
Donnelly - club decision

I'm not saying I particularly want any to go, just trying to read the stones on an unexpected Monday afternoon free of paid employment.

Maybe's
Poz
Davies
Chico
Amat

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Departures on 13:28 - Mar 10 with 2042 viewsJokeren1943

Agree on the price on every one on the list.

Except the price on Michu. It is proberly in the moment around 9-12 million.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2014 13:31]

Departures on 14:50 - Mar 10 with 1947 viewspencoedjack

So Luke Shaw is being touted at 20 million and Ben is worth only 8 ?

Only in Swansea ...

Departures on 14:55 - Mar 10 with 1938 viewsDr_Winston

More like only in Copenhagen.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Departures on 15:00 - Mar 10 with 1926 viewsPlasticman

If you're going to use silly numbers, why not just use the real silly numbers instead? like torres or the like?

Overpriced players shouldn't form a basis for what you realistically expect to get from a player, especially since the clubs pulling power isn't that big compared to other clubs in the league. At least Ben is a swans fan, which could put gravel in the cogs that might want to sell him for a profit.

I'd much prefer we keep the good players we got, rather than become a selling club.

Plastic since 2012

Departures on 15:29 - Mar 10 with 1902 viewstomdickharry

New Manager equates to a raft of new players in my book, Monk will be set aside ftb to concentrate on acquiring his Pro Licence and looking after an emerging -21 side given the new players we have signed for that area of the club.Turning to a new manager possibility of 3 for consideration,2 fit the Swansea perfectly Sherwood (Will be sacked by Spurs) or Clements (great coaching pedigree) and No3 Bielsa,no need for his CV.Perhaps the time has come for an experienced hand at the helm,with great connections and playing style,last big challenge for Bielsa in the PL although has nothing to prove,currently waiting for the call.Going to be a fun summer.

Departures on 18:48 - Mar 10 with 1787 viewsPhil_S

Michu - £20m

Departures on 06:45 - Mar 11 with 1654 viewsSwansNZ

Any idea if Bony has a deluxe toilet?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Departures on 07:16 - Mar 11 with 1624 viewsdameedna

50m could be spent on

cardiff caulker 8
liverpool allen 15
sunderland hull borini 8
palace striker already forgotten his name 8
others free

the rest we'd spend on wage increases and ground improvements

Departures on 09:59 - Mar 11 with 1565 viewsDevz00

So Sherwood would be sacked by Spurs but you'd want him here?

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Departures on 11:48 - Mar 11 with 1487 viewsOdgaard

You must be drunk, spend 40 mio on those players are inZane!!! there are other player who have not been playing in Swansea.

I think personally Amat have been better than Caulker this season, Allen is not even 10 mio worth and Borini is a type a player which we have in Pablo, Poz,

Departures on 12:11 - Mar 11 with 1475 viewspencoedjack

So Southampton have 'pulling power' on selling players ?

The only thing in the Shaw/Davies debate is that he is English, so hyped up to the hilt by the English press.

Realistically if Shaw is worth 20 million so is Davies, if the club sold him for 8 million I would be astonished ... Simple fact mush.

Departures on 12:29 - Mar 11 with 1444 viewsJJJack

Crazy eh? In a thread full of ridiculously stupid posts this is an A* in dullness and ineptitude.

One thread reckons 2/3 of our squad will be gone by August. Jesus Christ......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024