Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Samba Up Front 21:35 - Feb 23 with 6342 viewsEalingRanger

'Arry sent big Chris Samba up top for the last 15 minutes. 12 million quid of defensive talent lumped up front. I pretty much lost the will to live at the moment. 'Arry crossed my own personal rubicon. What an earth was that about. How many strikers have we bought/sold in the last 18 months? And here we are in a crucial match putting our 'star' defender up f*cking front?! Christ. It's just desperate right now, it really is. We are a punchline of a football club. Long-suffering doesn't even begin to describe it.

I mean really 'Arry. Is that it. Our big plan B is hitting it to Samba. Words fail me.
Samba Up Front on 12:42 - Feb 24 with 1181 viewsEalingRanger

Samba Up Front on 11:40 - Feb 24 by bosh67

They put Mbia in at CB for the last 10 mins when Samba went up front and he looked ten times more comfortable at CB for me than he ever does as a defensive midfielder.

Thats where he played most of his football in France isn't it? He looks much better there. I don't think he is technically good enough to play in midfield personally.
Samba Up Front on 13:17 - Feb 24 with 1165 viewsLoft1979

Samba Up Front on 12:37 - Feb 24 by TW_R

I was thinking exactly the same thing Bosh. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Samba at the back with Diakite playing the defensive midfielder role.

agree
Samba Up Front (n/t) on 13:43 - Feb 24 with 1155 viewshoopdog

Samba Up Front on 13:45 - Feb 24 with 1153 viewshoopdog

Isn't Ealing more of a rugby area that explain the post
Samba Up Front on 15:02 - Feb 24 with 1129 viewscheeseydane

Big MF centrebacks have been used upfront for the last 10 minutes when chasing a game since year dot.

I dont understand the problem!!!?!

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Samba Up Front on 15:10 - Feb 24 with 1126 viewsEalingRanger

Samba Up Front on 13:45 - Feb 24 by hoopdog

Isn't Ealing more of a rugby area that explain the post

Would rather have my eyes pecked out by crows then be forced to watch that muddy dirge every week.

Still, Chris Samba up front isn't that much different for me. We all bang on about the way Swansea play, about having a plan, having a 'style'. Yet plenty of people are prepared to defend what for me, was 'Arry's 'Paul Hart moment' when 5 defenders were on the pitch. Not quite as bad admittedly but Samba strolling around up there had a similarly symbolic quality. Shows how much we have got completely wrong since we came into this division.
Samba Up Front on 15:25 - Feb 24 with 1123 viewsHollowayRanger

Samba Up Front on 00:00 - Feb 24 by DesertBoot

Why do some think we could have snared Graham. He wanted a move to the North East and duly signed for the Mackems. We were never an option.

simple because we would have had £8 million more to spend on graham and odenwingie ,graham higher wages to lure him failing that ok austin ,odenwingie higher fee to wba

but instead redknapp gambled on remy and its seems plan B is samba!

he's quality we all can see that reminds me of henry but he's also injury prone and we cant afford another injury prone striker and to release dj and cisse was just totally stupid

am i the only one who would have liked to see remy and cisse together?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Samba Up Front on 17:24 - Feb 24 with 1110 viewskingo

Samba Up Front on 11:33 - Feb 24 by Neil_SI

I saw this a little differently. On one hand, given the way we played and the lack of urgency and effort to attack, it seemed a bit strange. On the other, the game had gone and it gave Redknapp an opportunity to try him out up there in case he is needed in a more serious manner for the games that are about to come.

It's likely there will be matches that we are in need of a goal near the end, so will have to put him up there to cause a nuisance of himself. He actually didn't do too badly with the ball at his feet in attacking areas either.

Well said Neil, plus it gave Samba the chance to run around more and improve his fitness in a match scenario while allowing HR to see how MBia worked out at CB.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Login to get fewer ads

Samba Up Front on 17:45 - Feb 24 with 1104 viewsEalingRanger

Samba Up Front on 17:24 - Feb 24 by kingo

Well said Neil, plus it gave Samba the chance to run around more and improve his fitness in a match scenario while allowing HR to see how MBia worked out at CB.

Can he not do that in training? Rather than in a match we desperately could've done with getting some points out of?
Samba Up Front on 17:58 - Feb 24 with 1096 viewskingo

Samba Up Front on 17:45 - Feb 24 by EalingRanger

Can he not do that in training? Rather than in a match we desperately could've done with getting some points out of?

Be realistic, it happened after their second goal and it gave us an aerial threat and a chance for a knock on. He didn't lose a header and was actually pretty good on the ground plus he covered more ground and in match conditions. If he had started up front, like Santos used to, then I would be annoyed.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Samba Up Front on 00:53 - Feb 25 with 1086 viewsIslehoop

I heart Adel more than he does Allah but reckon Big Chris would have slammed that Norwich penalty out the back of the net.
Samba Up Front on 01:05 - Feb 25 with 1083 viewsSonofNorfolt

Samba Up Front on 15:02 - Feb 24 by cheeseydane

Big MF centrebacks have been used upfront for the last 10 minutes when chasing a game since year dot.

I dont understand the problem!!!?!

Cheeseydane is spot on.

If all else fails with a few minutes to go, chuck the big man up to create havoc. It may not be in the manual, but anybody who understands the game knows that this is what takes place.

Total football is not always total.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024