Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never a straight Red Card 09:16 - Sep 29 with 6464 viewsParkRoyalR

Varane was trying to flick the ball away with the outside of his foot no way planting his foot on their player,

Both players went in equally strong and the Blackburn player hammed it up but the theatrics of their no 27 was a disgrace, worst I've seen, hope he gets dogs abuse in return fixture at ours,

Their players especially the no 27 conned the Ref and he naively bought it.
[Post edited 29 Sep 9:20]
Never a straight Red Card on 09:32 - Sep 29 with 3794 viewsozexile

It was a red. Not at Loftus Rd maybe. But definitely past Watford.
Never a straight Red Card on 09:50 - Sep 29 with 3700 viewsstowmarketrange

Never a straight Red Card on 09:32 - Sep 29 by ozexile

It was a red. Not at Loftus Rd maybe. But definitely past Watford.

Would a Blackburn player have seen red in similar circumstances?Their players exaggerated the situation to their own ends.It was a bad tackle,but in my opinion,it was only worthy of a yellow card.Our players need to play by the same rules as other teams do to us at times.
Never a straight Red Card on 10:05 - Sep 29 with 3616 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Only watching the highlights now. Sorry, I think that's a red. The ball was long gone and he had studs up and went in on his leg. Very bad challenge.

Travis is an embarrasment alright. What a clown that lad is.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Never a straight Red Card on 10:29 - Sep 29 with 3478 viewsbosh67

I'm not entirely sure it is a red. He slips as he goes in. The ref seems to be undecided about what he's going to do but under the pressure of the Blackburn players and Travis motioning for an air ambulance he seems to eventually decide he better give a red. I don't think we'll appeal it to be honest because we don't seem to appeal these kind of things because 3 games becomes 4 when we do so.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Never a straight Red Card on 10:57 - Sep 29 with 3371 viewsjohann28

Never a straight Red Card on 10:29 - Sep 29 by bosh67

I'm not entirely sure it is a red. He slips as he goes in. The ref seems to be undecided about what he's going to do but under the pressure of the Blackburn players and Travis motioning for an air ambulance he seems to eventually decide he better give a red. I don't think we'll appeal it to be honest because we don't seem to appeal these kind of things because 3 games becomes 4 when we do so.

Agree - ref hesitated for ages, then gave into pressure from being surrounded (although, true to form, no-one except Frey on our side seemed to try to persuade him otherwise).
Never a straight Red Card on 11:02 - Sep 29 with 3339 viewsozexile

Never a straight Red Card on 09:50 - Sep 29 by stowmarketrange

Would a Blackburn player have seen red in similar circumstances?Their players exaggerated the situation to their own ends.It was a bad tackle,but in my opinion,it was only worthy of a yellow card.Our players need to play by the same rules as other teams do to us at times.

That's what I'm saying it's an away teams red.
Never a straight Red Card on 11:13 - Sep 29 with 3287 viewsMyke

Never a straight Red Card on 11:02 - Sep 29 by ozexile

That's what I'm saying it's an away teams red.

Watched it back several times, barely a yellow never mind a red. If anything, Bathe was the aggressor and feigned injury to avoid being in trouble. Ironic that that was the first time he had made a positive run forward. But Santos should have been sent off seconds before so swings and roundabouts. How we managed the second half was very disappointing. I get that the first goal was a deflection but the mayhem of the opening minutes of the half set the tone.
Never a straight Red Card on 11:42 - Sep 29 with 3155 viewsRangersw12

100% a red card .

Late and out of control
Login to get fewer ads

Never a straight Red Card on 11:59 - Sep 29 with 3065 viewssdm1508

Never a straight Red Card on 11:42 - Sep 29 by Rangersw12

100% a red card .

Late and out of control

The Blackburn player didn't have the ball. Varane lost control and lunged. The Blackburn player then came into his lunge
Never a straight Red Card on 12:36 - Sep 29 with 2948 viewsGosportHoops

Pathetic red card, never in a million years was that a red, Pathetic
Never a straight Red Card on 12:52 - Sep 29 with 2864 viewsstowmarketrange

Has there ever been a red card for one of our players that has divided opinion so much?Some say that it was worthy of a red and others,myself included,think that it was only a yellow.
Never a straight Red Card on 13:01 - Sep 29 with 2827 viewssprocket

Thought it was soft. Ref was itching to give it but hardly a reckless challenge more of a lunge. It ruined the game as a contest which was both annoying and disappointing as we should have been able to compete more with 10 men
[Post edited 29 Sep 13:02]
Never a straight Red Card on 13:14 - Sep 29 with 2744 viewsCamberleyR

Red or yellow card, the simple fact of the matter is that with literally seconds to go until the ref blew for half time, why was he even making a challenge like that and in their half of the pitch to boot.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Never a straight Red Card on 13:17 - Sep 29 with 2706 viewsGus_iom

Surprised no-one's picking up on the very late, studs up challenge on Anderson, and the different punitive outcome.
Never a straight Red Card on 13:26 - Sep 29 with 2635 viewsQPROslo

Never a straight Red Card on 13:14 - Sep 29 by CamberleyR

Red or yellow card, the simple fact of the matter is that with literally seconds to go until the ref blew for half time, why was he even making a challenge like that and in their half of the pitch to boot.

To take a 1-0 lead into the break? I'd like to see more runs like that from our midfield without the lunge at the end of course. Thought a yellow would have been more than adequate punishment, especially seeing Dolan's worse tackle near the end punished only with a yellow.
Never a straight Red Card on 14:59 - Sep 29 with 2378 viewsHAYESBOY

Yellow. Not a red IMO. Not high, didn't leave the ground and caught him on the side of his boot. Ref reacted to two Blackburn players making it out to be really bad rather than the actual offence.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Never a straight Red Card on 15:09 - Sep 29 with 2339 viewsDorse

Red or yellow? Irrelevant, in some respects. What I mean is that we wouldn't be in a position to question either if Varane's decision-making had been on point.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Never a straight Red Card on 15:27 - Sep 29 with 2237 viewsfrancisbowles

Anyone know if that's a 1 or 3 game ban?
Never a straight Red Card on 15:33 - Sep 29 with 2218 viewssprocket

Never a straight Red Card on 15:27 - Sep 29 by francisbowles

Anyone know if that's a 1 or 3 game ban?

Never a straight Red Card on 15:41 - Sep 29 with 2200 viewsthehat

It was clumsy but definitely not a red. The Blackburn players made it a red.

Weak Refereeing that.

That aside I think Varone will turn into a very good player as the season progresses.
Never a straight Red Card on 15:59 - Sep 29 with 2099 viewshoops_legend

At full pace it didn’t look good. Slowed down it’s more a yellow

Being honest it was stupidity and unnecessary. Personally I feel should be a yellow but I am biased and have benefit of replays

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Never a straight Red Card on 16:09 - Sep 29 with 2072 viewslassel

No malice but a lunge and hits over the ankle. Blatant red card.
Never a straight Red Card on 16:18 - Sep 29 with 2010 viewsstainrods_elbow

Never a straight Red Card on 10:57 - Sep 29 by johann28

Agree - ref hesitated for ages, then gave into pressure from being surrounded (although, true to form, no-one except Frey on our side seemed to try to persuade him otherwise).

Which was worrying in itself - and it was the same story with Smyth's outrageously disallowed goal, who was left tall alone o shout into the void in the referee's soul. No captain out the pitch when the bias and corruption was falling on our heads, I'm sorry to say. It's been said these players 'don't know when they're beaten', but the lack of passion out there yesterday dilutes my support, upsettingly.
[Post edited 29 Sep 16:20]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Never a straight Red Card on 16:55 - Sep 29 with 1835 viewsactonman

Didn’t think it was a red I real time but gave that tw@t pawson enough to think about along with the Blackburn theatrics afterwards.
As it was the merest glance the wrong direction anywhere near one of their players and they were on the floor rolling around !
The cynical side of me would think eustace got his team to play up knowing prem refs give everything as a foul , all you need to do is pretend to die
Never a straight Red Card on 16:58 - Sep 29 with 1817 viewsdavman

Always a red when he lunged in like that. Yes Travis is a twt, yes Batth made a meal of it and yes their player lunging in on Anderson was no different apart from the fact Lucas jumped out of the way, but he was walking the moment he lost control of that ball.

Would have been screaming for a red if that was against us.

Why do they even give these refs a choice? There is not one single ref in the Championship that I'd trust to get ANY decision right, so don't even give them any choice...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024