Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth 18:00 - Aug 11 with 4492 viewsstowmarketrange

How long is Henry viii going to last at the pasty makers?I’ll give him until the end of September.
Plymouth on 18:06 - Aug 11 with 4441 viewsdaveB

They were so poor at the back, Sheff Wed could have scored 8 or 9

I quite like Rooney and admire him for having a go at management when players from his era are happy to give that a miss but he's well out of his depth
Plymouth on 18:21 - Aug 11 with 4292 viewsHayesender

As poor as Plymouth were, Wednesday have themselves a hell of a manager. They'll do well to keep hold of him when the prem clubs start getting itchy fingers

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Plymouth on 18:22 - Aug 11 with 4304 viewsHAYESBOY

We moved up a place. All is not lost.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Plymouth on 19:41 - Aug 11 with 4009 viewsJuzzie

Plymouth on 18:06 - Aug 11 by daveB

They were so poor at the back, Sheff Wed could have scored 8 or 9

I quite like Rooney and admire him for having a go at management when players from his era are happy to give that a miss but he's well out of his depth

He’s had a few goes at management and been scht every time.
Yes, fair play for giving it a go when he doesn’t really need to but he’s just not up to it.
Plymouth on 19:46 - Aug 11 with 3969 viewsNorthernr

Let's keep our powder dry here, I know what their next away game is.
Plymouth on 21:23 - Aug 11 with 3642 viewsWokingR

Plymouth on 19:46 - Aug 11 by Northernr

Let's keep our powder dry here, I know what their next away game is.

Have to disagree with you on this.
As a QPR fan you learn to give it out at every opportunity, as you know full well that a kick in the nuts is always just around the corner.
Never miss that chance.
Plymouth on 21:32 - Aug 11 with 3584 viewsbosh67

Plymouth on 18:22 - Aug 11 by HAYESBOY

We moved up a place. All is not lost.

It's much like last season when we were better off for not playing at all.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Plymouth on 21:56 - Aug 11 with 3475 viewsqpr_1968

Plymouth on 21:23 - Aug 11 by WokingR

Have to disagree with you on this.
As a QPR fan you learn to give it out at every opportunity, as you know full well that a kick in the nuts is always just around the corner.
Never miss that chance.

yep, did'nt we beat them at brammell lane in their promotion season.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth on 22:20 - Aug 11 with 3340 viewsplasmahoop

I disagree that he is bad. When he was derby manager they had a 30 point deduction, were playing with a team of kids, but if there hadn't been tge points deductrd, they would have been comfortable mid table. Compared to frank lampard who finished 6th with loads of money and mason mount on loan. Yet was portrayed as a miracle worker in the media. And who generally does well at Birmingham anyway
Plymouth on 22:34 - Aug 11 with 3189 viewscolinallcars

Plymouth on 22:20 - Aug 11 by plasmahoop

I disagree that he is bad. When he was derby manager they had a 30 point deduction, were playing with a team of kids, but if there hadn't been tge points deductrd, they would have been comfortable mid table. Compared to frank lampard who finished 6th with loads of money and mason mount on loan. Yet was portrayed as a miracle worker in the media. And who generally does well at Birmingham anyway

Fair comment. For some reason also, I quite like Plymouth and hope they do well, after a certain match in the western regions of London soon that is.
Plymouth on 22:51 - Aug 11 with 3120 viewsaston_hoop

That was a real 'away at Watford under Ainsworth' of a performance. As the big man himself said, there is always that team that gets spanked 4 or 5 -0 on the opening day....

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Plymouth on 23:41 - Aug 11 with 2964 viewsJuzzie

Plymouth on 22:20 - Aug 11 by plasmahoop

21 point deduction.

They had Allsop, Marshall, Lawrence, Bielik, Jaglielka, Davis, Stearman, Kazim-Richards and their average ages was 26, they did have some youngsters but they weren’t full of kids.

Give them the 21 points back and they’d have finished 17th on 55 points.
That’s not good and much lower than I’m sure would have been expected of Rooney and the team.
Plymouth on 00:34 - Aug 12 with 2801 viewsBoston

Plymouth on 22:51 - Aug 11 by aston_hoop

That was a real 'away at Watford under Ainsworth' of a performance. As the big man himself said, there is always that team that gets spanked 4 or 5 -0 on the opening day....

There's many enjoy a good spanking, even when they have to pay for it.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Plymouth on 08:07 - Aug 12 with 2350 viewsgazza1

I do not understand....Wayne Rooney, that man who was a proper proper English player - AND all many people on this MB want to give him abuse.

Poor poor play imho.
Plymouth on 09:12 - Aug 12 with 2152 viewsJeff

Plymouth on 08:07 - Aug 12 by gazza1

I do not understand....Wayne Rooney, that man who was a proper proper English player - AND all many people on this MB want to give him abuse.

Poor poor play imho.

Proper English player, but a f*cking terrible manager.

Can we not knock it?

Plymouth on 12:07 - Aug 12 with 1812 viewskensalriser

Poor poor play imho.

These things aren't mutually exclusive.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Plymouth on 12:11 - Aug 12 with 1799 viewsGaryBannister86

Poor poor play imho.

Well said, but as with all England football successes - Shearer, Owen, Beckham....look forward to it, Jude - apparently we have to hate them all for no real reason whatsoever.

Any other country, statues, god-like status. And we wonder why we never win anything.
Plymouth on 12:38 - Aug 12 with 1629 viewsMrSheen

Plymouth on 12:11 - Aug 12 by GaryBannister86

Well said, but as with all England football successes - Shearer, Owen, Beckham....look forward to it, Jude - apparently we have to hate them all for no real reason whatsoever.

Any other country, statues, god-like status. And we wonder why we never win anything.

Lothar Matthäus might not agree.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lothar_Matth%C3%A4us

As his fifth marriage has failed, he’s heading into Henry VIII territory too.
Plymouth on 14:02 - Aug 12 with 1409 viewsJuzzie

Poor poor play imho.

Can't see any abuse?

He was a great player. I remember seeing him in the flesh for the first time at LR and thinking what an engine he had. You really don't get that kind of sense from watching on TV. Very impressed with his overall play.

Manager, just not very good. Sure, the situation at Derby wasn't down to him but he did have a good team, enough to have survived, just, even with the deductions.

The post Christmas run was awful, really did it for them. They won just one away game from Jan to May (and 2 from August to December) and that was the penultimate game of the season when they were already relegated.
Their home record was good all season but it was their away record overall that sealed their fate.
Plymouth on 17:42 - Aug 12 with 1112 viewsSuperhoops2808

Plymouth on 21:56 - Aug 11 by qpr_1968

yep, did'nt we beat them at brammell lane in their promotion season.

I think you missed the joke

Clive was talking about Plymouths next away game... Which is us!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024