Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 715807 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:10 - Aug 21 with 4049 viewsdm97

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:59 - Aug 21 by Northernr

Purchase if we go up? Purchase if we stay up? Purchase if he meets certain appearance records? Purchase as long as somebody doesn't offer Brest double the money? Purchase regardless?

This is the problem with their secret squirrel act. You're assuming he's signed, he might not have done. Swiss has seen him once and thinks he's gonna go for £8m, but we might not own him when he does.

And we've been here before. Oh sure we're pushing the boat out a bit, but we'll get good money for Chair/Dickie/Dieng if it all goes to sht don't worry about it. Willock's gonna be worth £10m...

I’ve been pretty vocal in agreeing with you on this one. I think 90% of the anxiety here would dissipate from better comms absolutely. But this thread getting anxious about fees is based on twitter journo nonsense - a black hole which in the absence of club comms some bloke or bot creates figures from thin air.

Jets need to be cooled until account releases as under the current media black out we don’t have a clue how much these guys have costed
[Post edited 21 Aug 11:12]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:12 - Aug 21 with 4005 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

It is kind of exciting though to finally be buying good players in.
To hell with tomorrow, I'm going to go pick my money tree!
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:13 - Aug 21 with 3994 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:59 - Aug 21 by Northernr

Purchase if we go up? Purchase if we stay up? Purchase if he meets certain appearance records? Purchase as long as somebody doesn't offer Brest double the money? Purchase regardless?

This is the problem with their secret squirrel act. You're assuming he's signed, he might not have done. Swiss has seen him once and thinks he's gonna go for £8m, but we might not own him when he does.

And we've been here before. Oh sure we're pushing the boat out a bit, but we'll get good money for Chair/Dickie/Dieng if it all goes to sht don't worry about it. Willock's gonna be worth £10m...

Everything points to the Dembele deal mirroring the Taylor Richards deal. If it doesn't then we shall have an awful lot of egg on our faces.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:13 - Aug 21 with 3989 viewsJamesB1979

Looking back at the accounts, we were losing £20m per year. Our wage bill was £27m with 190 staff. I think/hope/cautiously optimistic that it’s that number that has been the focus. We’ll get a bit more revenue and maybe get that wage bill down to around £20m. With all the player and staff departures and the types/ages of players signed, I’d be amazed if we haven’t gone some way to reducing that figure.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:13 - Aug 21 with 3990 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:10 - Aug 21 by dm97

I’ve been pretty vocal in agreeing with you on this one. I think 90% of the anxiety here would dissipate from better comms absolutely. But this thread getting anxious about fees is based on twitter journo nonsense - a black hole which in the absence of club comms some bloke or bot creates figures from thin air.

Jets need to be cooled until account releases as under the current media black out we don’t have a clue how much these guys have costed
[Post edited 21 Aug 11:12]

Totally agree. This 'we're gonna tell you nothing' approach will cause more harm than good in the medium and long term.

All they've said about Saito and Dembele is...

"Saito joins for the duration of the 2024/25 campaign while Dembélé has moved to W12 on an initial season-long loan."

Now, as you can see from this thread, some posters have taken that to mean Dembele is ours because of the wording and a couple of Fabrizio Romano types dick swinging. We're already counting our money for selling him in two years.

What if he's not? How are people gonna take it if it if he has an incredible season but it gets to May and it goes back to Brest because it turns out the signing was dependent on us going up?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:21 - Aug 21 with 3864 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:06 - Aug 21 by Northernr

I repeat, I like the profile of the signings, it's exactly what we should be doing. Waaay better than bloody Andre Gray on loan or Honest Mick's child army.

I really liked Andre Gray, like Austin, a proper striker.

I still don't see us breaking the profit and sustainabilty regulations and I think Ruben and Co are fit for purpose.

Also, if there was any sign of us breaking the regulations again, I would expect Lee Hoos to be long gone and not be a part of it.

Great debate BTW.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:25 - Aug 21 with 3789 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:21 - Aug 21 by rbee

I really liked Andre Gray, like Austin, a proper striker.

I still don't see us breaking the profit and sustainabilty regulations and I think Ruben and Co are fit for purpose.

Also, if there was any sign of us breaking the regulations again, I would expect Lee Hoos to be long gone and not be a part of it.

Great debate BTW.

Here's Lee Hoos in the summer of 2021 telling me solemnly that we weren't pushing the boat out, when in fact they were setting us up for two years of FFP purgatory during which we were incredibly lucky not to be relegated to League One. Chucks in that nobody should bid for any of our players because we're not looking to sell.

Have we pushed the boat out this summer

No, the boat is running at exactly the speed it should have been running. Everything was done within budget. The whole business plan, we’ve always said, is about developing players and in order to replace the missing parachute payments we’re going to have to sell players. We did a great deal with Ebere Eze, some of that money has been able to be reinvested, I think we’ve invested it very wisely and it’s allowed us a cushion within FFP. When I’m doing budgets for player recruitment I don’t just look at the current season. I’ve got a spreadsheet that says this is us this year, this is the effect on FFP next year, this is the effect the year after — it’s always a running three years because that’s what the recording period is. It’s always this season plus two seasons, and this season minus two seasons ago, so we always know where we stand with it and know we have that cushion. The finances on that front have worked well this season. Other seasons you need to sell a player to bring in funds, this year we felt it important to hang onto the boys. That strategy has challenges as well, you need to get the message out to other clubs, please don’t waste your time giving me a bid and risk upsetting the apple cart because come September 1 he will still be with us and you turning his head for a couple of weeks is just going to piss us off.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55699/
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:25 - Aug 21 with 3771 viewsdaveB

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:40 - Aug 21 by rbee

But they didn't. They also managed to do some amazing work in the last January transfer window to help us retain our Championship status.

you say amazing work, they signed Frey who hasn't looked all that, Hodge hardly played. Hayden and Anderson did well though
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:28 - Aug 21 with 3707 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:25 - Aug 21 by daveB

you say amazing work, they signed Frey who hasn't looked all that, Hodge hardly played. Hayden and Anderson did well though

It was amazing because we expected nothing at all.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:28 - Aug 21 with 3708 viewsdaveB

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:45 - Aug 21 by JamesB1979

But it’s not the same people making the decisions this time. Definitely reasons to be cautious over this and not sing praises too much but we can’t use the decisions when Warburton is here as reason to blame the current crop. If we sign this guy, I would still expect our wage bill to be down from last season. So, it’s down to how the transfer fees in and out are structured.

It's the same owners, same recruitment team and the old CEO is now the chairman.

I hope it all works but we'd be mad not to be a bit cautious and questions should be asked at the fans forum at how we are affording this
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:29 - Aug 21 with 3691 viewsdaveB

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:28 - Aug 21 by rbee

It was amazing because we expected nothing at all.

i think we all expected that we'd make signings, maybe not that many but I'd have been amazed if we signed no one
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:29 - Aug 21 with 3686 viewsdm97

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:13 - Aug 21 by Northernr

Totally agree. This 'we're gonna tell you nothing' approach will cause more harm than good in the medium and long term.

All they've said about Saito and Dembele is...

"Saito joins for the duration of the 2024/25 campaign while Dembélé has moved to W12 on an initial season-long loan."

Now, as you can see from this thread, some posters have taken that to mean Dembele is ours because of the wording and a couple of Fabrizio Romano types dick swinging. We're already counting our money for selling him in two years.

What if he's not? How are people gonna take it if it if he has an incredible season but it gets to May and it goes back to Brest because it turns out the signing was dependent on us going up?

Agree to all of this mate. My original point is more around the fees being spouted around and the conclusion of what that means financially. We just don’t know how expensive these fees/contracts/deal structures are which, while I agree is a bad strategy comms wise, does not mean the twitterati’s word becomes gospel.

Like i said vacuums create lies and this is yet more evidence for why the secret squirrel approach to our dealings is totally baffling. Doesn’t make the deals themselves bad/reckless/Arry-esque.

Just one big dollop of ambiguity
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:32 - Aug 21 with 3635 viewscpgerber

How much have we actually spent?

I suspect we made a small profit on the Sincs-Celar swap. Throw in the extra 5m+ from the new sky deal, there are definitely some room for paying transfer fees. Varane was the only significant fee on top of that, leaving plenty of room.

We saved on relative high earners Asmir, Willock and perhaps Dozzell leaving, so I also think there should be room on the wage bill to afford all the new lads if they are paid sensible salaries.

I think we're OK.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:35 - Aug 21 with 3555 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:29 - Aug 21 by daveB

i think we all expected that we'd make signings, maybe not that many but I'd have been amazed if we signed no one

If you remember Christian Nourry told us that there would be nothing therefore we expected nothing.

Then the club clicked in to gear loaning players out and selling sponsorships creating funds for a pretty amazing transfer window.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:39 - Aug 21 with 3485 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:35 - Aug 21 by rbee

If you remember Christian Nourry told us that there would be nothing therefore we expected nothing.

Then the club clicked in to gear loaning players out and selling sponsorships creating funds for a pretty amazing transfer window.

It was a good window. Two out of four is a good ratio.

I think the club deserve praise for that business. But it's a small sample size, so we should remain cautious is all I'm saying. We know nothing about any of the players bought this summer, and - thanks to the club's disdain for the supporters - we know nothing about the finances.

We've been down this road before of trusting club staff before, is my only point.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:39 - Aug 21 with 3478 viewsrbee

''Here's Lee Hoos in the summer of 2021 telling me solemnly that we weren't pushing the boat out, when in fact they were setting us up for two years of FFP purgatory during which we were incredibly lucky not to be relegated to League One. Chucks in that nobody should bid for any of our players because we're not looking to sell.''

There wasn't two years of FFP purgatory though was there as we backed Beale to the hilt in year two. Year three we were certainly struggling but still managed to bring in Andersen, Hayden, etc
[Post edited 21 Aug 15:31]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:47 - Aug 21 with 3364 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:39 - Aug 21 by BrianMcCarthy

I think the club deserve praise for that business. But it's a small sample size, so we should remain cautious is all I'm saying. We know nothing about any of the players bought this summer, and - thanks to the club's disdain for the supporters - we know nothing about the finances.

We've been down this road before of trusting club staff before, is my only point.

Frey still might turn out to be an ok signing making three.

As for trusting staff you have to remember that Tony Fernandes only left the club 13 months ago, Ruben has been the majority shareholder for less than three years.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:11 - Aug 21 with 3060 viewsdaveB

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:32 - Aug 21 by cpgerber

How much have we actually spent?

I suspect we made a small profit on the Sincs-Celar swap. Throw in the extra 5m+ from the new sky deal, there are definitely some room for paying transfer fees. Varane was the only significant fee on top of that, leaving plenty of room.

We saved on relative high earners Asmir, Willock and perhaps Dozzell leaving, so I also think there should be room on the wage bill to afford all the new lads if they are paid sensible salaries.

I think we're OK.

The Sky deal will be paid over the length of the contract so won't be full amount this year
If you go down you get less next year same as if you go up its a different deal

None us know the fees but the speculated fees were 1.5mil for Celar, 800k for Varane, 3.2mil for the Dane and will be 2.2mil for Dembele

It's a big leap from a club who had to ask fans to pay for the stan Bowles stand signs 2 years ago
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:13 - Aug 21 with 3027 viewsMaggsinho

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:31 - Aug 21 by Northernr

But you're talking like they didn't just come within a gnat's cock hair of doing exactly that by getting carried away with Warburton and then doubling down with Beale. The horrors of the last 18 months were caused by us yet again grabbing at shiny things and chasing promotion in an unsustainable way.

I wonder if this is an unexpected outcome of the three year FFP cycle. It may encourage clubs to blow the majority of their funds in one season to push for promotion, if it fails then two seasons of tightening their belts before going again
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:29 - Aug 21 with 2739 viewskensalriser

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:11 - Aug 21 by daveB

The Sky deal will be paid over the length of the contract so won't be full amount this year

None us know the fees but the speculated fees were 1.5mil for Celar, 800k for Varane, 3.2mil for the Dane and will be 2.2mil for Dembele

It's a big leap from a club who had to ask fans to pay for the stan Bowles stand signs 2 years ago

Speculated fees - based on something or just plucked out of the air? I have no idea but suspect the latter as again, the people who do know will almost certainly have signed NDAs.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:31 - Aug 21 with 2685 viewsdaveB

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:29 - Aug 21 by kensalriser

Speculated fees - based on something or just plucked out of the air? I have no idea but suspect the latter as again, the people who do know will almost certainly have signed NDAs.

based on various reports, I've no idea how much we've spent which is part of my concern really
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:32 - Aug 21 with 2673 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:13 - Aug 21 by Maggsinho

I wonder if this is an unexpected outcome of the three year FFP cycle. It may encourage clubs to blow the majority of their funds in one season to push for promotion, if it fails then two seasons of tightening their belts before going again

But having just done exactly that, and lived through it, you'd think we'd not be in a hurry to do it again.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:39 - Aug 21 with 2571 viewslassel

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:32 - Aug 21 by Northernr

But having just done exactly that, and lived through it, you'd think we'd not be in a hurry to do it again.

At the risk of being a miserable bastard, people also need to remember that Cook, Colback, Frey and Andersen are all earning *well* this season having worked with the club to get them in last year.

I can understand why people are slightly nervous, these are not people with a good track record of fiscal responsibility and the owners ultimately *only* care about getting promoted so I could easily see a scenario where they’ve decreed to splash the cash and go for it this year.

That said, my suspicion (hope?) is that there is going to be an outgoing next week to somewhat balance the books.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:40 - Aug 21 with 2545 viewsBlue_Castello

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:11 - Aug 21 by daveB

There we go some bloke posts on the Internet the fee for the Dane and it's now gospel / speculated that we are paying £3.2 million, I don't believe that for one minute is he rated that good to even warrant that sort of a fee.
The figure of 3.75 mllion Euros could be the total amount for his transfer fee and wages because let's face it nobody knows.

I agree with Rbee we were told nothing was happening in January so it was a surprise that we got 4 players, suddenly we had something resembling a squad it was exactly what Marti needed.
[Post edited 21 Aug 12:58]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:42 - Aug 21 with 2501 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:39 - Aug 21 by BrianMcCarthy

There is a limit as to what clubs will tell fans, and to be honest I don't really care. They will tell fans whatever they want the fans to hear and we can't do a lot about it. That goes for Nourry, Hoos and the rest of them in the past.

Yes, we know little if the signings, but it is better than bringing in some of the dross of the past few years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024