Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer deadline day 21:50 - Jan 31 with 52724 viewsQPRConor2000

I recon we might get one or two in, but obviously it depends on whether we can offload players or not.

Ideally we get a winger and an attacking midfielder in, but obviously given our finances, Im not getting my hopes up too much.
Transfer deadline day on 07:04 - Feb 2 with 4682 viewsGloucs_R

Transfer deadline day on 06:54 - Feb 2 by traininvain

I know Willock’s not exactly flavour of the month on here but he’s managed five goal contributions under Cifuentes which is more than anyone else in our squad. Like him or not, he’s got the quality to win games at this level.

I wouldn’t be starting him tomorrow but it would be a bit daft to move him on for a player who’s unproven in the championship and we know very little about aside from hearing that he has the same chequered injury record as Willock.

I hear what you're saying but I question his attitude and how that impacts the rest of the team.

Anderson would at least be fighting for a contract, assuming it would be short term Incase we get relegated.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer deadline day on 07:54 - Feb 2 with 4412 viewsbaz_qpr

Farewell time for AaB and Lucas Andersen
2 February 2024 at 00:43
Lucas Andersen and AaB have terminated the contract by mutual agreement.
Lucas Andersen returned home to AaB in August 2018 – six years after he was sold to Ajax Amsterdam.

Already at the age of ten, Lucas Andersen first came to AaB from the partner club Aalborg Freja, and with his dribbling, his overview, his love for AaB and much more, he quickly became a fan favorite and later captain of the club.

AaB's sports director Ole Jan Kappmeier says:

- We all know Lucas' history in AaB, and therefore it is also with sadness that we say goodbye now.

- A Lucas at his top level is still one of the best players in Danish football and one of the best in AaB's history, but we are happy that he now has the opportunity to pursue a new dream. He has earned it, says Ole Jan Kappmeier.

- During the time I have known Lucas, his dedication, loyalty and great feelings for AaB have shone through, and we wish him all the best in the future, concludes Ole Jan Kappmeier.

Lucas Andersen, who is AaB's sixth youngest ever debutant after his arrival on 5 March 2011 at the age of 16 years and 173 days, is looking forward to a new project:

- The time has come for me to try something new, and I therefore want to thank everyone in AaB who has crossed my path. In addition, a big thank you must go to our fantastic fans, who have always supported me and the team.

- I am looking forward to getting to a place where a new challenge can contribute to raising my level, says Lucas Andersen.

29-year-old Lucas Andersen has achieved 176 official matches, 29 goals and 30 assists for the All North Jutland Team.

Likewise, seven A international matches and 72 U international matches for Denmark are part of the provisional career.

https://aabsport.dk/nyheder/2024/februar/afskedstid-for-aab-og-lucas-andersen/
Transfer deadline day on 08:08 - Feb 2 with 4303 viewsBurnleyhoop

Transfer deadline day on 23:14 - Feb 1 by SydneyRs

The deck chairs have been rearranged but will we sink or swim?

Not rearranging, replacing…….big difference.

Shifting Dozzell and replacing two players that couldn’t really get a sniff of first team action, with two Premier league standard ( albeit non regulars) and an (ex) Swiss international looks like progress to me.

How quickly we can get them fit and available to play is now the key to how much impact they can make on the remaining fixtures.

Kudos to Christian for making this happen. Over to you now Marti, to get us above that line.
Transfer deadline day on 08:16 - Feb 2 with 4198 viewsSpaceman_P

Just as an aside, how come no-one of this forum can spell Reckon??

Meanwhile.... Andersen has been spotted on the Uxbridge Road at a Kerbab shop.... eating a huge doner in disappointment at not being signed.
[Post edited 2 Feb 8:19]
Transfer deadline day on 08:29 - Feb 2 with 4052 viewsFDC

Liking the sound of this guy

The linked article in the original post says his contract has been terminated by mutual consent
[Post edited 2 Feb 8:31]
Transfer deadline day on 09:03 - Feb 2 with 3859 viewsBklynRanger

This is genuinely great but can we eh... can we afford all this?

Feel like I've woken up with a shiny new camper van outside the flat.
Transfer deadline day on 09:28 - Feb 2 with 3645 viewsderbyhoop

We've replaced Dozzell, SDM and Kelman with Hayden, Hodge and Frey. Without seeing any of them play, all 3 look to be an upgrade.
I doubt if we'll see Dozzell nor SDM again, although their replacements are only loans for the rest of the season.
In addition, Deon Woodman has gone on loan, although I'd hoped he'd find something better than Wealdstone. 3 other youngsters have been released.
All in all I'd say QPR have had a good transfer window.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer deadline day on 10:24 - Feb 2 with 3396 viewsNushnool

Marti C on Joe H: “He can play as an ‘8’ or as a ‘10’. He can also play as a ‘6’ but his natural position is an attacking midfielder, and he has determination to improve himself as a player.”

Q. from me: what is the difference between an '8' and a '10'....(other than two).....and what does a '7' do?
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer deadline day on 10:42 - Feb 2 with 3250 viewsHunterhoop

Crudely, my understanding is that nowadays a 6 is a holding midfielder; an 8 is a box to box central midfielder; a 10 historically was a forward who played deeper in front of the centre halves behind the oppo’s 6, as opposed to a 9 who occupied the centre halves, but now is also considered an attacking central midfielder; a 7was your right midfielder, and 11 your left winger, typically.

Basically we had two 6s in Colback and Field. You could argue Colback in his prime also could play the role of a 8. Now we have Hayden who can play 6 or 8, and Hodges, who can play 8 or 10. It gives us more balance in the squad and more options.

Anderson is an 11, which may enable us to play Chair at 10, or simply give him competition for his spot.
Transfer deadline day on 10:45 - Feb 2 with 3226 viewsGloucs_R

Transfer deadline day on 10:42 - Feb 2 by Hunterhoop

Crudely, my understanding is that nowadays a 6 is a holding midfielder; an 8 is a box to box central midfielder; a 10 historically was a forward who played deeper in front of the centre halves behind the oppo’s 6, as opposed to a 9 who occupied the centre halves, but now is also considered an attacking central midfielder; a 7was your right midfielder, and 11 your left winger, typically.

Basically we had two 6s in Colback and Field. You could argue Colback in his prime also could play the role of a 8. Now we have Hayden who can play 6 or 8, and Hodges, who can play 8 or 10. It gives us more balance in the squad and more options.

Anderson is an 11, which may enable us to play Chair at 10, or simply give him competition for his spot.

Anderson can also play 10.

Personally I would prefer chair back in a traditional number 10 position, Central.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer deadline day on 10:47 - Feb 2 with 3219 viewsHoopinEssex

Really positive transfer window. Always liked Hayden when I've seen him. Hodge and Frey also look like they will do us a turn.

Well done QPR
Transfer deadline day on 10:56 - Feb 2 with 3118 viewsLazyFan

Transfer deadline day on 10:24 - Feb 2 by Nushnool

Marti C on Joe H: “He can play as an ‘8’ or as a ‘10’. He can also play as a ‘6’ but his natural position is an attacking midfielder, and he has determination to improve himself as a player.”

Q. from me: what is the difference between an '8' and a '10'....(other than two).....and what does a '7' do?

From chatGPT ...

Position: The '8' typically refers to a central midfielder, specifically a box-to-box midfielder.
'8' players often have good stamina, passing ability, and defensive skills.

Position: The '10' refers to an attacking midfielder who usually operates in a more advanced central role.
'10' players are typically playmakers, with good vision, passing accuracy, and creativity.

Position: The '7' is usually the right winger or right-sided forward in a team's formation.
'7' players are often known for their speed, dribbling ability, and crossing skills.

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer deadline day on 11:02 - Feb 2 with 3060 viewsstantheman10

Just read on AAB club website that Lucas Andersen has terminated his contract with them and is now a free agent . I also read that he was having a medical at the Bush yesterday so maybe another one in. Just looked at a Youtube post of him. He takes free kicks, corners, penalties and has got a long throw and brings his own ball!
[Post edited 2 Feb 11:04]
Transfer deadline day on 11:02 - Feb 2 with 3046 viewsTheChef

Transfer deadline day on 03:05 - Feb 2 by Northernr

His interview, by the standards of these things usually, is terrific. Enjoyed the two minutes on individual accountability in a relegation battle. He'll love some of ours...

Sorry I'm now so QPR'd I can't listen to player interviews any more.

Just do what you're paid to do on the pitch!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Transfer deadline day on 11:15 - Feb 2 with 2929 viewscollegeranger

Transfer deadline day on 11:02 - Feb 2 by stantheman10

Just read on AAB club website that Lucas Andersen has terminated his contract with them and is now a free agent . I also read that he was having a medical at the Bush yesterday so maybe another one in. Just looked at a Youtube post of him. He takes free kicks, corners, penalties and has got a long throw and brings his own ball!
[Post edited 2 Feb 11:04]

I think that as he is now a free agent he didn't have to sign within the window. Makes sense that he probably has or will sign a pre-contract agreement with us subject to medical, contract terms, international clearance etc etc. This takes time and as Hayden and Hodge probably took all our time yesterday Andersen will be announced in the coming days.
Transfer deadline day on 12:03 - Feb 2 with 2663 viewsR_from_afar

Transfer deadline day on 21:14 - Feb 1 by Jigsore

Well spoken

"If he plays as well as he speaks, you'll be all right".

My mum has spoken.

Seriously, though, that was a great interview. If he can translate those encouraging words into actions on the pitch, *if,* we have a decent chance of pulling off the great escape.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Transfer deadline day on 14:58 - Feb 2 with 2263 viewsBoston

Transfer deadline day on 07:54 - Feb 2 by baz_qpr

Farewell time for AaB and Lucas Andersen
2 February 2024 at 00:43
Lucas Andersen and AaB have terminated the contract by mutual agreement.
Lucas Andersen returned home to AaB in August 2018 – six years after he was sold to Ajax Amsterdam.

Already at the age of ten, Lucas Andersen first came to AaB from the partner club Aalborg Freja, and with his dribbling, his overview, his love for AaB and much more, he quickly became a fan favorite and later captain of the club.

AaB's sports director Ole Jan Kappmeier says:

- We all know Lucas' history in AaB, and therefore it is also with sadness that we say goodbye now.

- A Lucas at his top level is still one of the best players in Danish football and one of the best in AaB's history, but we are happy that he now has the opportunity to pursue a new dream. He has earned it, says Ole Jan Kappmeier.

- During the time I have known Lucas, his dedication, loyalty and great feelings for AaB have shone through, and we wish him all the best in the future, concludes Ole Jan Kappmeier.

Lucas Andersen, who is AaB's sixth youngest ever debutant after his arrival on 5 March 2011 at the age of 16 years and 173 days, is looking forward to a new project:

- The time has come for me to try something new, and I therefore want to thank everyone in AaB who has crossed my path. In addition, a big thank you must go to our fantastic fans, who have always supported me and the team.

- I am looking forward to getting to a place where a new challenge can contribute to raising my level, says Lucas Andersen.

29-year-old Lucas Andersen has achieved 176 official matches, 29 goals and 30 assists for the All North Jutland Team.

Likewise, seven A international matches and 72 U international matches for Denmark are part of the provisional career.

https://aabsport.dk/nyheder/2024/februar/afskedstid-for-aab-og-lucas-andersen/

Y'know, I never get overly enamored to a person if we're their 'new project'.

Edit; but who cares as long as he helps us stave off relegation.
[Post edited 2 Feb 15:00]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Transfer deadline day on 15:01 - Feb 2 with 2240 viewscolinallcars

Transfer deadline day on 10:24 - Feb 2 by Nushnool

Our back four is at sixes & sevens and the midfield's in a right two & eight.
Transfer deadline day on 15:28 - Feb 2 with 2112 viewskensalriser

Transfer deadline day on 15:01 - Feb 2 by colinallcars

...and several others are looking after number 1.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Transfer deadline day on 15:42 - Feb 2 with 2001 viewsdsw2509

That is brilliant.
Transfer deadline day on 19:39 - Feb 2 with 1631 viewsFredManRave

Our number eighteen can do one.

And opponents scoring from set pieces is as easy as one, two, three...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024