Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox 20:22 - Nov 15 with 9576 viewsNoDiddley

When they played us but turned out shite

Jordan Cousins
Macauley Bonne
Connor Washington

Also that lad who played for ? Stevenage in a pre season, Adam Miller looked half decent but again not.
Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 09:47 - Nov 16 with 2363 viewsdaveB

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 09:10 - Nov 16 by PlanetHonneywood

Funnily enough, I thought of him. However, didn't he have dreadful luck with injuries? Don't think he was a sick note per se, just down to hard luck.

Injured purchases, another recurring feature of our transfer activity down the years!

yeah i think we signed him and he was recovering from a broken leg and just never got fit, we did the same with Rowlands but that worked better
Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 09:47 - Nov 16 with 2366 viewsterryb

Camberley has it right. Just ask SonofNorfolt!

Brian Williams wins this award with nobody else being on the same planet (a bit further than the country mile)! I know management wasn't Frank Sibley's forte, but this signing was beyond understanding.
Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 09:52 - Nov 16 with 2348 viewsrobith

I will never get over Esteban Granero being bad for us

Edit: I totally misread the brief lol
[Post edited 19 Nov 2023 19:48]
Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 10:05 - Nov 16 with 2307 viewsPBLOCK

Ji Sung Park for me

Always thought he was good at Man U when we signed him I thought he would be great for us

Saw him first match “Ah sh!t his legs have gone”

Did very little

Moral of the story never ever return their call when they offer you a player Culkin, Macheda,Ferdinand etc
Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 10:40 - Nov 16 with 2228 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 09:43 - Nov 16 by Esox_Lucius

Nasser El Khayati.

I forgot about him, currently playing for Mumbai City after a brief flourish in the Dutch league.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 10:47 - Nov 16 with 2224 viewsNorthernr

Damian Delaney got signed on the back of one game for Hull at Loftus Road.
Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 10:50 - Nov 16 with 2210 viewsaston_hoop

I think Adam Miller score a hat trick for someone against our reserves which led to us signing him under Holloway.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 10:54 - Nov 16 with 2204 viewsTheChef

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 10:47 - Nov 16 by Northernr

Damian Delaney got signed on the back of one game for Hull at Loftus Road.

Did he sign a contract? Always thought he was a loan.

And the consensus amongst our lot in PU was that he was 'OK'.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 11:23 - Nov 16 with 2162 viewsdaveB

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 10:54 - Nov 16 by TheChef

Did he sign a contract? Always thought he was a loan.

And the consensus amongst our lot in PU was that he was 'OK'.

He was far better as a centre half and did well at Palace but we played him at left back
Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 12:07 - Nov 16 with 2082 viewsCamberleyR

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 10:50 - Nov 16 by aston_hoop

I think Adam Miller score a hat trick for someone against our reserves which led to us signing him under Holloway.

Probably Aldershot as that's where we signed him from.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 12:10 - Nov 16 with 2071 viewsRs_Holy

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 10:50 - Nov 16 by aston_hoop

I thought that was Dominic Iorfa ... who was also totally sh!te.
Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 12:54 - Nov 16 with 1987 viewsMonkey_Roots

Do we make most players that play against us look decent? Well, recently anyway...

Mike Sheron for me... in the end, I was just really really angry with him all the time.
Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 13:02 - Nov 16 with 1967 viewsEsox_Lucius

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 12:10 - Nov 16 by Rs_Holy

I thought that was Dominic Iorfa ... who was also totally sh!te.

I think it was Paulo Wanchope, with Mauricio Solis but it was Houston who got that one wrong. He was the antithesis of this thread title LOL

The grass is always greener.

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 14:46 - Nov 16 with 1881 viewsgolborne

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 20:52 - Nov 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Johnny Byrne played against us for York in the League Cup and arrived soon after based, the club said, on that performance.

Sorry, but I'm gonna contest this one, as the context was "When they played us but turned out shite"

1 in 4 for a No10 ain't a bad return, and then there is this 2 min 40 in. Granted he was a lazy sh!te at times, but that's what 10's do, no - frustrate you only to make you change your view at some point during a game. Stan, Roy, Sheringham...

For younger, and much older fans, who didn't experience these 80's teams in their early years of supporting the club, this is why the mere mention of Ainsworth being manager was so abhorrent to some of us, let alone how it played out. The football we played then was miles ahead of what the likes of Ainsworth consider football nearly 40 years later. Not taking away from the fact he's a nice guy.

Most have seen this a zillion times, but the whole thing is worth a watch on a miserable day like today, but Byrne's is the peach

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 14:46 - Nov 16 with 1880 viewsqprninja

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 08:13 - Nov 16 by Rs_Holy

Jamie Cureton ... brilliant scoring record for Brizzle Rovers and the Fakes.... comes to QPR and averages 1 in 7.

Only scored for us against Coventry for some reason
Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 00:51 - Nov 17 with 1704 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 14:46 - Nov 16 by golborne

Sorry, but I'm gonna contest this one, as the context was "When they played us but turned out shite"

1 in 4 for a No10 ain't a bad return, and then there is this 2 min 40 in. Granted he was a lazy sh!te at times, but that's what 10's do, no - frustrate you only to make you change your view at some point during a game. Stan, Roy, Sheringham...

For younger, and much older fans, who didn't experience these 80's teams in their early years of supporting the club, this is why the mere mention of Ainsworth being manager was so abhorrent to some of us, let alone how it played out. The football we played then was miles ahead of what the likes of Ainsworth consider football nearly 40 years later. Not taking away from the fact he's a nice guy.

Most have seen this a zillion times, but the whole thing is worth a watch on a miserable day like today, but Byrne's is the peach

I liked Byrne.

I thought the context was "Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox", and he did look the bollox when he played for York against us, it seems i.e. he looked very good, so we signed him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 11:44 - Nov 17 with 1531 viewsloftboy

On the flip side we managed to offload Dean Coney to Norwich after he scored a 30 yarder against them whilst suffering with concussion!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 12:26 - Nov 17 with 1487 viewsDorse

I found Kiwomya annoying. Not as much as Sheron but still.

Jamie Cureton - absolute machine when playing for Gas but completely heinous for us.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 13:03 - Nov 17 with 1459 viewshantssi

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 14:46 - Nov 16 by golborne

Couple of take always from this vid;
1. At the start their fans are singing “boring, boring Rangers”!
2. The upper tier of the away end is less than half full, big club my ass!
Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 14:03 - Nov 17 with 1389 viewsCamberleyR

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 13:03 - Nov 17 by hantssi

Couple of take always from this vid;
1. At the start their fans are singing “boring, boring Rangers”!
2. The upper tier of the away end is less than half full, big club my ass!

"The upper tier of the away end is less than half full, big club my ass!"

And that was with them being 4th in the league at the time with an outside chance of still winning the league, they were seven points behind Everton with a couple of games in hand, who were top.

They finished 6th eventually, seventeen points behind champions Liverpool (who they were only five points behind with three games in hand on that day) with the wheels falling off and the engine blowing up only taking nine points from their last ten games with a GD in those games of -13!
I like to think we started all that off that day.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 14:05]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 15:00 - Nov 17 with 1316 viewsloftboy

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 14:03 - Nov 17 by CamberleyR

"The upper tier of the away end is less than half full, big club my ass!"

And that was with them being 4th in the league at the time with an outside chance of still winning the league, they were seven points behind Everton with a couple of games in hand, who were top.

They finished 6th eventually, seventeen points behind champions Liverpool (who they were only five points behind with three games in hand on that day) with the wheels falling off and the engine blowing up only taking nine points from their last ten games with a GD in those games of -13!
I like to think we started all that off that day.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 14:05]

Probably started by westham two days earlier who put 4 past them.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 18:18 - Nov 17 with 1212 viewsenfieldargh

When we signed Jordan Mutch my West Ham pal was really gutted they didnt get him instead

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 07:59 - Nov 18 with 1091 viewsAd99

Lee Charles
Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 08:47 - Nov 18 with 1066 viewslangtoft

Hard to beat Brian Williams but I'll have a go with Kurt Bakholt, Tony Simmons and Bobby Davison all of who arrived with a fanfare in and promptly disappeared into the 'stiffs' pool of obscurity before being shipped out. As Wombat will point out Bakholt did get 9 mins away at Man City though
Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 10:39 - Nov 18 with 1031 viewsEsox_Lucius

Players signed on the back that they looked the bollox on 08:47 - Nov 18 by langtoft

Hard to beat Brian Williams but I'll have a go with Kurt Bakholt, Tony Simmons and Bobby Davison all of who arrived with a fanfare in and promptly disappeared into the 'stiffs' pool of obscurity before being shipped out. As Wombat will point out Bakholt did get 9 mins away at Man City though

I give you Vic Mobley.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024