Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes 21:39 - Nov 4 with 46647 viewsstainrods_elbow

Really hope we can move him on in Jan and bring in one or two players who can really help the reshaped project, starting with breaking with years of tradition and actually investing in a striker who scores goals. He's going nowhere at QPR and just doesn't, and never will, cut the mustard. I'm afraid. He's a ram that doesn't batter, his buckle doesn't swash, and his goalscoring instincts are not so much predatory as borderline nugatory. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Millwall, say, came back in for him, he'd miraculously metamorphose into a 1 in 3 merchant who plays every week, but hopefully we'd by then be past caring. I don't want a player leading our line who scores the odd header from an occasional Chair cross but who seems mainly to care about playing for Scotland.

All being well, MC will have sussed this out in double-quick time and will be reshaping our attacking line with Smyth, Willock and Chair, and a new pivot.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 21:43]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Dykes on 17:04 - Nov 16 with 3613 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes on 11:57 - Nov 16 by Northernr

This post has been edited by an administrator

Thanks for posting,

Hopefully 2 recent clean sheets, the return of Cannon and the shield of Field on left and Colback on right will give Marti confidence to commit more players to our attacking play, increasing chances created.

Interesting to see how Dykes does tonight in a narrow front 3 with McGinn + Christie as these two are similar to Willock + Chair in being better Inside Forwards than Wingers.
Dykes on 17:40 - Nov 16 with 3524 viewsnumptydumpty

Dykes on 17:04 - Nov 16 by ParkRoyalR

Thanks for posting,

Hopefully 2 recent clean sheets, the return of Cannon and the shield of Field on left and Colback on right will give Marti confidence to commit more players to our attacking play, increasing chances created.

Interesting to see how Dykes does tonight in a narrow front 3 with McGinn + Christie as these two are similar to Willock + Chair in being better Inside Forwards than Wingers.

I said to chap who sat next to me last Saturday if Dykes wore a Scotland shirt under his QPR top, he would be massively more effective for ourselves !!

The guy looked at me like I had said soemthing evil.

I personally have generally liked Dykes - to coin a phrase - but he one hundred percent can do better for us than he does

Its not just having managers not playing to his strengths - he has massively underperformed because on song I think he has the potential to be half way decent at this level and sometimes its almost as if he is too anxious to please - and he snatches at shots and passes that could create many problems for the opposition.

I feel sadly he is one that wont reach the level he realistically could ..
[Post edited 16 Nov 2023 17:41]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Dykes on 17:54 - Nov 16 with 3494 viewsQPR_Hibs

Dykes on 17:40 - Nov 16 by numptydumpty

I said to chap who sat next to me last Saturday if Dykes wore a Scotland shirt under his QPR top, he would be massively more effective for ourselves !!

The guy looked at me like I had said soemthing evil.

I personally have generally liked Dykes - to coin a phrase - but he one hundred percent can do better for us than he does

Its not just having managers not playing to his strengths - he has massively underperformed because on song I think he has the potential to be half way decent at this level and sometimes its almost as if he is too anxious to please - and he snatches at shots and passes that could create many problems for the opposition.

I feel sadly he is one that wont reach the level he realistically could ..
[Post edited 16 Nov 2023 17:41]

I am one of Dykes' biggest supporters, but he is having a SHOCKER for Scotland tonight.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Dykes on 17:59 - Nov 16 with 3482 viewsQPR_Hibs

Dykes on 17:54 - Nov 16 by QPR_Hibs

I am one of Dykes' biggest supporters, but he is having a SHOCKER for Scotland tonight.

Just read on the BBC that he is having a laser pen shone in his face from the crowd. Absolute joke that this can happen.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Dykes on 20:43 - Nov 16 with 3261 viewsbosh67

Dykes on 17:59 - Nov 16 by QPR_Hibs

Just read on the BBC that he is having a laser pen shone in his face from the crowd. Absolute joke that this can happen.

Taken off at 86 minutes and replaced by Shankland who scores within 6 minutes!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dykes on 21:39 - Nov 16 with 3140 viewsDannyPaddox

I’m sure we were rumoured to be looking at Shankland a summer or two ago. I was keen to take a chance on him for his name alone. Shankland. Sounds like a Glasgow cutlery emporium.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2023 22:04]
Dykes on 22:40 - Nov 16 with 3011 viewscolinallcars

He's not having a great season. However, I think his return from illness + Sam Field & Chris Martin staved off relegation last season.
Nice word staved - you don't hear it around the Bush much.
Dykes on 23:14 - Nov 18 with 2608 viewsstainrods_elbow

Dykes on 09:43 - Nov 5 by derbyhoop

The big problem with the OP is the same as everything else with this club - MONEY;
If we were to sell Dykes we'd fetch 1-2m. Where do you get a prolific Chamionship level goalscorer for that money.

Sure, some sides have managed it, Piroe to Swansea comes to mind. But look at the teams at the top. Could we afford Iheanacho or Adam Armstrong or Darrel Dike or Tommy Cannon?

Here's a thought - you actually develop/deliver a player once in a while. Obviously that's beyond our staff, however.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes on 23:19 - Nov 18 with 2595 viewsNorthernr

Dykes on 21:39 - Nov 16 by DannyPaddox

I’m sure we were rumoured to be looking at Shankland a summer or two ago. I was keen to take a chance on him for his name alone. Shankland. Sounds like a Glasgow cutlery emporium.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2023 22:04]

Watched him repeatedly at Dundee Utd. Decided against him. Because that's what we do.
Dykes on 00:23 - Nov 19 with 2512 viewsflynnbo

Dykes on 23:19 - Nov 18 by Northernr

Watched him repeatedly at Dundee Utd. Decided against him. Because that's what we do.

Apparently, they wanted 2.5 million.
Dykes on 07:05 - Nov 19 with 2438 viewsdmm

Dykes on 00:23 - Nov 19 by flynnbo

Apparently, they wanted 2.5 million.

We apparently paid £2m for Dykes so £2.5m for Shankland, a more prolific goal scorer, was about the right price for a Championship to pay. He cost Hearts £470m in the summer and has scored 8 goals in all competitions. But the question is, as always with Scottish players, could he replicate his form in the Championship?
Dykes on 10:03 - Nov 20 with 2086 viewskernowhoop

Dykes on 07:05 - Nov 19 by dmm

We apparently paid £2m for Dykes so £2.5m for Shankland, a more prolific goal scorer, was about the right price for a Championship to pay. He cost Hearts £470m in the summer and has scored 8 goals in all competitions. But the question is, as always with Scottish players, could he replicate his form in the Championship?

Wow Dennis! That was a lot of money for Hearts to pay out ;-)
Dykes on 11:15 - Nov 20 with 1954 viewsdaveB

Dykes on 11:57 - Nov 16 by Northernr

This post has been edited by an administrator

What those numbers can't show is the strikers getting into positions in the box for us create chances. Too often both Dykes and Armstrong don't show good enough movement to get away from defenders into space so the ball doesn't go to them
Dykes on 14:25 - Nov 20 with 1734 viewsBrazilNutR

Just seen on the BBC that Dykes came on in the 70th Minute yeserday for scotland, and he has been voted as the worst player of all of them with a 4.62, much lower even than those who came on in the last minute... so suggests he is not overly popular and didn't offer much yesterday.. Might mean he has to start fighting for his spot, and may make him perform better for us... fingers crossed..
Dykes on 15:46 - Dec 26 with 1078 viewsRs_Holy

Someone needs to sit down with Dykes and go through his performances minute by minute ... An attacking coach needs to impart there knowledge on Lyndon and teach him the fundamentals of playing as a pro striker.... Its not just about running around a lot.... sometimes you have to make intelligent moves in the oppo penalty area.
Dykes on 16:00 - Dec 26 with 986 viewsFrankRightguard

Dykes on 15:46 - Dec 26 by Rs_Holy

Someone needs to sit down with Dykes and go through his performances minute by minute ... An attacking coach needs to impart there knowledge on Lyndon and teach him the fundamentals of playing as a pro striker.... Its not just about running around a lot.... sometimes you have to make intelligent moves in the oppo penalty area.

There was one moment today when a loose ball broke to Larkeche, he looked up to see Dykes actively retreating away from the danger area. Remarkable. You can’t even say he’s putting in a shift. He just runs about doing nowt.
Dykes on 16:02 - Dec 26 with 968 viewsNorthernr

He wouldn't get in the Dorking squad playing like he did today.
That would come with the added bonus of hearing what their twt manager would say about him.
Shockingly bad.
Dykes on 16:07 - Dec 26 with 941 viewsRs_Holy

Dykes on 16:00 - Dec 26 by FrankRightguard

There was one moment today when a loose ball broke to Larkeche, he looked up to see Dykes actively retreating away from the danger area. Remarkable. You can’t even say he’s putting in a shift. He just runs about doing nowt.

Indeed… or the moment when Wall gave the ball away to Chair about 15 yards from their box… Chair runs directly towards goal and the only other QPR player (Dykes), decides he should run along the outer penalty box line, away from Chair and the goal… Maybe he was trying to draw the defenders but it didn’t work… baffling???
Dykes on 16:09 - Dec 26 with 928 viewskernowhoop

It is much too simple to blame Lyndon Dykes. I cannot back this up with stats, but, our problem is that we lack the ability to create good scoring chances (as opposed to half chances) in the final third of the pitch. With rare exceptions (often involving Chair and Paal) we simply do not have enough of the penetration that would put Dykes (or anyone else, come to that) in a scoring position. Chair knows this, which explains partly his desire so often to do it all himself.
Dykes on 16:11 - Dec 26 with 919 viewsbakerloo8

We need to find a player from the lower leagues that can sniff out a goal. An Andy Thomson type. This holding the ball up, bringing others into play etc is just crap, we need goals and quickly.
Today was the pits.
Dykes on 16:19 - Dec 26 with 878 viewsted_hendrix

The bloke has been crap/useless and ineffective for bloody Years and nothing Is gonna change anytime soon.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Dykes on 16:25 - Dec 26 with 851 viewsR_from_afar

Dykes - yes, our Lyndon - is currently trending on UK Twitter/ X, and not for good reasons.

Sigh...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Dykes on 16:28 - Dec 26 with 845 viewsDamo1962

First time I set eyes on the bloke in a QPR shirt, I knew we had made a massive mistake. He has done almost nothing since to change my mind. Same goes for most of the rest.
Dykes on 16:31 - Dec 26 with 826 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dykes on 16:11 - Dec 26 by bakerloo8

We need to find a player from the lower leagues that can sniff out a goal. An Andy Thomson type. This holding the ball up, bringing others into play etc is just crap, we need goals and quickly.
Today was the pits.

There is a young lad who plays for Livingston who’s got 11 goals in 28 games we should look at.

I reckon we could get him for about £2m.
Dykes on 16:38 - Dec 26 with 781 viewsbakerloo8

Dykes on 16:31 - Dec 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

There is a young lad who plays for Livingston who’s got 11 goals in 28 games we should look at.

I reckon we could get him for about £2m.

🤣

11 in 28 for Livingston u say?
Jocko McDykes?

We need someone who will always be in the box. Looking for loose balls, sniffing out goals. Unfortunately our lyndon can never be this guy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024