Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley gone apparently 18:50 - Feb 19 with 40441 viewssdm1508

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-sack-critchley-after-disastrous-two-mont
Critchley gone apparently on 05:38 - Feb 20 with 3650 viewsBushRanger82

Critchley gone apparently on 18:58 - Feb 19 by Rangersw12

Wilder or Ainsworth for me

Why, what have they done to upset you?
Critchley gone apparently on 06:55 - Feb 20 with 3500 viewsthemodfather

Ok mr unknown has gone now to rally the troops and get three points v Blackburn then get the right man in place asap , Ainsworth or slaver Bilic for me short term if trying not to lose Tony Pulis ouch
Critchley gone apparently on 06:59 - Feb 20 with 3493 viewsDixie_CT

Not many places for Critchley to to go with a win percentage less than Gary Waddock, Paul Hart, and Ray Harford.

Maybe Beale sent his mate Critchley in to claw back the compensation we received from Rangers or to take over the title of worst win percentage of any QPR manager from ‘Uncle’ Ray Harford.

Pants were not only pulled down, but they were also ripped off, used to slap us in the face, and then left on top of our heads.

Our next manager will finally be Ainsworth. Less Ferdinand mentioning stability in the statement links very nicely to the appointment of someone who has been in the same job for ten years and is currently the second longest-serving manager in football.
Critchley gone apparently on 07:30 - Feb 20 with 3392 viewsswisscottage

I'd give Ainsworth a chance.

I know he's been painted as a sort of anti-football coach, but I believe the style of football his teams play is very much determined by the resources he has available. (I know I know 8 currently injured etc)

Don't forget when they got promoted in 2018 he used Eze to very great effect in the first half of that season to the point where we didn't extend his loan and Holloway gave him his league debut.

This team desperately needs a work ethic and some colour. And his success and longevity at Wycombe shows he knows how to keep the players motivated and playing for him.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 7:32]
Critchley gone apparently on 07:32 - Feb 20 with 3383 viewsdistortR

looking at the betting list, can we ask Critchley to come back?

Critchley gone apparently on 07:36 - Feb 20 with 3361 viewsQPROslo

Critchley gone apparently on 19:04 - Feb 19 by Mick_S

Didn’t stand a bloody chance, did he? I feel for the bloke; clearly others amongst us don’t and that’s fine. Just what on earth do you do with injuries x squad w ankers x all the other shite going on around?

I can’t wait for the new announcement.

It was a disastrous decision to get rid of Warburton last summer along with the key and ever present Barbet. This season has proved that. The Beale appointment has turned out to be equally bad, though perhaps that was hard to forsee. Appointing Critchley was fine he could have built us a decent team given the players, but firing him after just 12 games will most probably turn out to be another disaster, unless they have a miracle man lined up which I doubt. 12 available 1st team regular outfield players available to him for a game at Boro. What did they expect? Seems like nowadays Managers get fired based on a few poor results and clamour from fans many of whom don't seem to have watched more than a couple of minutes of the games.
Critchley gone apparently on 07:49 - Feb 20 with 3291 viewsellersliehoop

Critchley gone apparently on 22:13 - Feb 19 by wombat

I’m going Ollie and Derry , full on old timers bring them back to the club from the board .

Was it a coincidence Ollie was linked with a job in Scotland only yesterday ?

Ainsworth with Derry as No 2
Critchley gone apparently on 08:01 - Feb 20 with 3211 viewsellersliehoop

Critchley gone apparently on 21:00 - Feb 19 by paulparker

We knew he was going so why didn’t we get Warnock last week when he was available
But then I think we know the answer

Why didn't we then?
Login to get fewer ads

Critchley gone apparently on 08:03 - Feb 20 with 3190 viewskropotkin41

Critchley gone apparently on 07:36 - Feb 20 by QPROslo

It was a disastrous decision to get rid of Warburton last summer along with the key and ever present Barbet. This season has proved that. The Beale appointment has turned out to be equally bad, though perhaps that was hard to forsee. Appointing Critchley was fine he could have built us a decent team given the players, but firing him after just 12 games will most probably turn out to be another disaster, unless they have a miracle man lined up which I doubt. 12 available 1st team regular outfield players available to him for a game at Boro. What did they expect? Seems like nowadays Managers get fired based on a few poor results and clamour from fans many of whom don't seem to have watched more than a couple of minutes of the games.

Disastrous and very odd dismissal, done in a way symptomatic of an organisation in trouble. I imagined them awkwardly avoiding each other, not making eye contact when they couldn't help passing in the corridor. And the players who always gave 100% let go, like Barbet... I assumed that was about money, but it seems like wasting money hasn't stopped. And when exactly did we get too good for Dom Ball?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Critchley gone apparently on 08:53 - Feb 20 with 2934 viewsR_from_afar

Critchley gone apparently on 07:49 - Feb 20 by ellersliehoop

Ainsworth with Derry as No 2

If it is to be Ainsworth, he is almost to insist on bringing Richard Dobson with him. He’s been his right hand man for years.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Critchley gone apparently on 09:08 - Feb 20 with 2788 viewsterryb

Imagine appointing Paul Hall as interim manager till the end of the season.

Of course, I'm joking, but a little part of me wouldn't be surprised!
Critchley gone apparently on 09:12 - Feb 20 with 2747 viewsbaz_qpr

Not a lot on that list to be excited about we need tactics and man management more than anything, I dont think Ainsworth is the answer nor Derry. I wonder whether Neil Lennon might be worth a shout
Critchley gone apparently on 09:25 - Feb 20 with 2605 viewsBurnleyhoop

Critchley gone apparently on 02:33 - Feb 20 by Benny_the_Ball

Funny how Lee suddenly found headroom for that.

I’m convinced he wanted the sack. To put exactly the same line up out at Middlesbrough as the Sunderland debacle and make no effort to change tactics in any way, was suicidal.

I’m not a betting man per se, but, rather shamefully, I stuck £100 on a Middlesbrough win. The easiest money I ever made as the outcome was inevitable. Kicking myself for not being brave enough to put more on.

Critchley needed to at least attempt to do something fairly radical to stop the rot. He did nothing and then recycled the same cliched comments after each loss. Acceptable and understandable after 2 or 3 games, but after a run of 9 games without a win and dropping like a stone, something had to give.

Les has one last opportunity to sort out this shit show. If his next appointment cannot save us from relegation, his position must surely be untenable. I honestly never thought I would see the day.
Critchley gone apparently on 09:27 - Feb 20 with 2589 viewsfournil

Critchley gone apparently on 08:53 - Feb 20 by R_from_afar

If it is to be Ainsworth, he is almost to insist on bringing Richard Dobson with him. He’s been his right hand man for years.

Richard was my best friend at school and a Rangers fan to boot. We used to stand in The Loft watching Sir Les smashing them in as teenagers and then had season tickets in the Upper Loft when we were back in Div 1. Top lad. Not sure how I feel about him potentially living the dream of actually managing our team - can’t get my head around it!
Critchley gone apparently on 09:35 - Feb 20 with 2499 viewsstevec

Critchley gone apparently on 00:36 - Feb 20 by Northernr

£1m to sack him and his coaches too.

Imagine being paid a million pound NOT to be QPR manager.

I’m getting my application in.
Critchley gone apparently on 09:41 - Feb 20 with 2453 viewsericgen34

'In 11 years at the club, Ainsworth has overseen 550 games and has won 2019 of them'

according to https://the72.co.uk/2023/02/20/49-year-old-is-the-favourite-to-replace-critchley

Sounds like the man we need :)
Critchley gone apparently on 09:45 - Feb 20 with 2417 viewsdaveB

I've always wanted Chris Wilder as manager but he probably feels he can get a bigger club than us. I thought we should have gone for Ainsworth in December and even more so now.

The whole style of play thing is a bit of a myth, Ainsworths style is what most QPR fans like to see, Crosses in the box, strong at the back and everyone working hard. It's not hugely different to what Warnock did and what Warbs was forced to do when Austin and co arrived before switching back to the more tippy tappy style which saw us fall apart
Critchley gone apparently on 09:46 - Feb 20 with 2376 viewstoboboly

Not sure why Wilder gets so much love, he took a top 6 Boro team to a relegation dogfight, imagine what he would achieve with an actual relegation dogfight team?!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Critchley gone apparently on 09:53 - Feb 20 with 2300 viewsRs_Holy

Critchley gone apparently on 09:46 - Feb 20 by toboboly

Not sure why Wilder gets so much love, he took a top 6 Boro team to a relegation dogfight, imagine what he would achieve with an actual relegation dogfight team?!

There is no way Wilder would even consider coming to QPR.
Critchley gone apparently on 09:54 - Feb 20 with 2291 viewstoboboly

Critchley gone apparently on 09:53 - Feb 20 by Rs_Holy

There is no way Wilder would even consider coming to QPR.

I reckon we could plump for Matthew Etherington, that's more our level.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Critchley gone apparently on 10:03 - Feb 20 with 2213 viewsqprphil

What a shower of shit we have at the club. Still, NC will have 2+ years wages, not bad for a couple of months work. He'll be back in a job soon probably overseeing a win against us, to send us down.
Critchley gone apparently on 10:32 - Feb 20 with 2008 viewsThird_Division_South

Critchley gone apparently on 09:45 - Feb 20 by daveB

I've always wanted Chris Wilder as manager but he probably feels he can get a bigger club than us. I thought we should have gone for Ainsworth in December and even more so now.

The whole style of play thing is a bit of a myth, Ainsworths style is what most QPR fans like to see, Crosses in the box, strong at the back and everyone working hard. It's not hugely different to what Warnock did and what Warbs was forced to do when Austin and co arrived before switching back to the more tippy tappy style which saw us fall apart

Yes I wanted Ainsworth last time out as well. I hear a lot about ‘hoofball’ but if it means our centre backs stop pissballing around with the ball for an eternity and we have full backs/wingers who get the ball into the box early I’m all for it. Also he did well bringing on Eze and Mehmeti both flair players.
Critchley gone apparently on 10:33 - Feb 20 with 2001 viewsbaz_qpr

Critchley gone apparently on 10:03 - Feb 20 by qprphil

What a shower of shit we have at the club. Still, NC will have 2+ years wages, not bad for a couple of months work. He'll be back in a job soon probably overseeing a win against us, to send us down.

I doubt it like any work contract there will no doubt be a probation period with a short get out
Critchley gone apparently on 10:58 - Feb 20 with 1852 viewswombat

Critchley gone apparently on 10:33 - Feb 20 by baz_qpr

I doubt it like any work contract there will no doubt be a probation period with a short get out

im going with fans fav appointment ,

ollie and derry till the end of the season

ainsworth next season

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Critchley gone apparently on 11:32 - Feb 20 with 1717 viewsCiderwithRsie

Critchley gone apparently on 08:03 - Feb 20 by kropotkin41

Disastrous and very odd dismissal, done in a way symptomatic of an organisation in trouble. I imagined them awkwardly avoiding each other, not making eye contact when they couldn't help passing in the corridor. And the players who always gave 100% let go, like Barbet... I assumed that was about money, but it seems like wasting money hasn't stopped. And when exactly did we get too good for Dom Ball?

I thought there were strong rumours that Barbet simply wanted to go back to France and raise his kids there?

His boy was born in 2020, if it was me I'd want to move well before school age to avoid disruption. Barbet's back with the club where he started as a youth player and in the part of the country he was born in, after seeing his contract with us out.

It doesn't seem to be much of a mystery to me and while he's obviously a massive loss I think people are trying too hard to blame the club on that one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024