Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Posh Matt on Big Les Ferdinand (and his time at QPR) 19:36 - Feb 16 with 3150 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

From 1.09

Big Posh Matt on Big Les Ferdinand (and his time at QPR) on 19:48 - Feb 16 with 3023 viewsw7r

Matt starts @9:38 - thanks for posting!
[Post edited 16 Feb 2023 20:12]
Big Posh Matt on Big Les Ferdinand (and his time at QPR) on 19:54 - Feb 16 with 2976 viewsMungoJezza

Thanks for sharing Bazza! What I found really enlightening were Matt's comments on how young players today have it far more easy than in the past and as a result don't build up the mental resilience needed to deal with setbacks. In the past senior pros would pull up anyone not pulling their weight, but now that doesn't happen. Sound familiar?!!
Big Posh Matt on Big Les Ferdinand (and his time at QPR) on 20:12 - Feb 16 with 2864 viewsRangersw12

Cheers for this , really interesting and good that he enjoyed his time with us
Big Posh Matt on Big Les Ferdinand (and his time at QPR) on 20:17 - Feb 16 with 2832 viewsJimmyR

Yeah thanks for sharing - interesting stuff
Big Posh Matt on Big Les Ferdinand (and his time at QPR) on 20:28 - Feb 16 with 2749 viewsDejR_vu

Always liked Matt Smith, and thought he was a bit underrated; that goal at Sheffield Wednesday in has last appearance was pretty special.

Decent bloke as well, always took the time to post a message on social media when he left a club, thanking the fans / club and wishing them well.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Big Posh Matt on Big Les Ferdinand (and his time at QPR) on 20:36 - Feb 16 with 2680 viewsGloucs_R

Bring back boot cleaning!!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Big Posh Matt on Big Les Ferdinand (and his time at QPR) on 21:08 - Feb 16 with 2521 viewsaston_hoop

I'm not having Matt Smith talking about back in our day and old school methods. He's bloody 33 and got into pro football 11 years ago as a 22 year old!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Big Posh Matt on Big Les Ferdinand (and his time at QPR) on 21:12 - Feb 16 with 2497 viewsHunterhoop

Big Posh Matt on Big Les Ferdinand (and his time at QPR) on 19:54 - Feb 16 by MungoJezza

Thanks for sharing Bazza! What I found really enlightening were Matt's comments on how young players today have it far more easy than in the past and as a result don't build up the mental resilience needed to deal with setbacks. In the past senior pros would pull up anyone not pulling their weight, but now that doesn't happen. Sound familiar?!!

Yeah, struck a real chord that. And does challenge the model of buy low sell high, which I’ve backed to date. Reinforcing the view that you can’t be “all in” on that approach and need to balance it with enough old boys to maintain standards and discipline.
Login to get fewer ads

Big Posh Matt on Big Les Ferdinand (and his time at QPR) on 22:19 - Feb 16 with 2206 viewsCiderwithRsie

Big Posh Matt on Big Les Ferdinand (and his time at QPR) on 21:12 - Feb 16 by Hunterhoop

Yeah, struck a real chord that. And does challenge the model of buy low sell high, which I’ve backed to date. Reinforcing the view that you can’t be “all in” on that approach and need to balance it with enough old boys to maintain standards and discipline.

You can manage a balance. (Or used to be able to.)

We bought Les Ferdinand for peanuts and sold him for millions, but a key part in that was Ray Wilkins (free transfer) telling him some home truths.
Big Posh Matt on Big Les Ferdinand (and his time at QPR) on 07:44 - Feb 17 with 1728 viewsQPROslo

Thanks for posting that. Good listen. From the 1 hour 9 minutes in he only had good words for QPR as a Club, and for Les taking him aside straight away, telling him we needed to get his feet moving, and having him come in early to do boxing training every day. He reckoned it helped him too. He also had good words for Chris Martin who was getting starts ahead of him when they were both at Fulham.
Big Posh Matt on Big Les Ferdinand (and his time at QPR) on 10:44 - Feb 17 with 1422 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks for posting Baz. I've only listened to about 10 mins where he talks about us. Interesting about the fat scanner! Seems that we are ahead in some things off the field after all.

Funny how he toned down the 'poshness' for this interview. Good guy.
Big Posh Matt on Big Les Ferdinand (and his time at QPR) on 14:01 - Feb 17 with 1268 viewsAntti_Heinola

Big Posh Matt on Big Les Ferdinand (and his time at QPR) on 19:54 - Feb 16 by MungoJezza

tbf footballers have been saying this for DECADES. It's like that famous quote about young people (so famous I've forgotten it) and it sounds like someone said it last week, but it was from the 1800s.
Every generation of footballers who comes through says the next gen have it easier. And yet players have never been fitter. Game has changed. Not saying he's wrong, mind, about mental resilience and senior pros. But some of the stuff senior pros used to do would see people in jail now (not exaggerating!)

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024