Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game 18:49 - Feb 15 with 31758 viewsRangersw12

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 09:21 - Feb 19 with 2679 viewsQPR_Jim

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 03:51 - Feb 19 by Benny_the_Ball

"If done correctly", yes. Unfortunately our DoF isn't fit for purpose. Another mistake by this board who hired a former player just to appease fans.

The DoF model is correct for our club and the owners have changed to this to try and get success where giving control to managers (and their agents) failed. So they got that right.

You've said duration of ownership doesn't indicate success, which is obviously correct but misses the point. Duration of ownership shows that they are committed to the club. Holding Briatore up as a good owner because he fluked a promotion then immediately sold to make a profit personally while trashing our summer preparation for the Premier League is mad.

As for LF, it's not all been bad, he's managed to cut the wage bill without getting relegated which other clubs didn't manage under the new FFP rules. There's been interference with him performing his role initially, so he's had managers like McLaren forced on him which shouldn't have happened. But the owners appear to be allowing him to perform the role correctly now. Sacking Warburton was a risk which in October seemed to be paying off, but I think his downfall was backing Beale too much. He was obviously needing him to be a success after sacking Warburton and allowed him to bring in too many of his own players. Beale screwed him over there. I think issues last season and this season highlights the issues with our squad building with LF and makes this the time to allow someone else to take the club forward.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 09:54 - Feb 19 with 2590 viewsfrancisbowles

I am fully behind dialogue between the club and it's fans. However, what we don't need at this moment is a protest. We are in a hole and we all need to work together and try and climb out of it. Having a protest may be the equivalent of kicking the ladder away.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 12:08 - Feb 19 with 2467 viewsNorthantsHoop

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 09:21 - Feb 19 by QPR_Jim

The DoF model is correct for our club and the owners have changed to this to try and get success where giving control to managers (and their agents) failed. So they got that right.

You've said duration of ownership doesn't indicate success, which is obviously correct but misses the point. Duration of ownership shows that they are committed to the club. Holding Briatore up as a good owner because he fluked a promotion then immediately sold to make a profit personally while trashing our summer preparation for the Premier League is mad.

As for LF, it's not all been bad, he's managed to cut the wage bill without getting relegated which other clubs didn't manage under the new FFP rules. There's been interference with him performing his role initially, so he's had managers like McLaren forced on him which shouldn't have happened. But the owners appear to be allowing him to perform the role correctly now. Sacking Warburton was a risk which in October seemed to be paying off, but I think his downfall was backing Beale too much. He was obviously needing him to be a success after sacking Warburton and allowed him to bring in too many of his own players. Beale screwed him over there. I think issues last season and this season highlights the issues with our squad building with LF and makes this the time to allow someone else to take the club forward.

Possibly the trouble was that Warburton was wanting to be moved into the DoF role and maybe that was a massive threat to Les and his mates. We missed a big trick in letting Warbuton leave the club for whatever agenda is going on behind the scenes.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2023 12:10]
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 12:18 - Feb 19 with 2428 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 12:08 - Feb 19 by NorthantsHoop

Possibly the trouble was that Warburton was wanting to be moved into the DoF role and maybe that was a massive threat to Les and his mates. We missed a big trick in letting Warbuton leave the club for whatever agenda is going on behind the scenes.

You went from "possibly" and "maybe" there to stating that there is an agenda behind the scenes.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 12:19 - Feb 19 with 2411 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 09:54 - Feb 19 by francisbowles

I am fully behind dialogue between the club and it's fans. However, what we don't need at this moment is a protest. We are in a hole and we all need to work together and try and climb out of it. Having a protest may be the equivalent of kicking the ladder away.

That's where I am as well, FB. Fully behind a meeting with no protest planned if the meeting goes ahead. As I read it that's where the LSA are too.

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 12:25 - Feb 19 with 2398 viewsParkRoyalR

I still haven't given up hope we can get Warburton back as our next DoF.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 13:16 - Feb 19 with 2280 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Look at our squad - full of sicknotes, a powderpuff midfield and one striker that we own. Anyone with a semblance of interest would be sacking Les today.

Even more damning that even in our current state there are no youth players on the pitch. Could they be any more underwhelming than Tim and Dozzell?
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 13:26 - Feb 19 with 2258 viewsNortholt_Rs

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 13:16 - Feb 19 by Wegerles_Stairs

Look at our squad - full of sicknotes, a powderpuff midfield and one striker that we own. Anyone with a semblance of interest would be sacking Les today.

Even more damning that even in our current state there are no youth players on the pitch. Could they be any more underwhelming than Tim and Dozzell?

This….and we don’t have a single kid in our youth set up who can come in to replace Dykes whilst he is out. So, we need to bring in a 34 year old out of contract Chris Martin. That has to be damning for the DOF and youth coaching team. Time for change.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 13:41 - Feb 19 with 2241 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 12:25 - Feb 19 by ParkRoyalR

I still haven't given up hope we can get Warburton back as our next DoF.

I thought Warburton would make a great DoF, and naively thought that he would move into that role after 3 years. I never felt he would get us promoted, and to be honest never thought he was a great manager, but I definitely saw him as a DoF over viewing the whole footballing side of the club.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 13:49 - Feb 19 with 2215 viewsPunteR

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 13:41 - Feb 19 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I thought Warburton would make a great DoF, and naively thought that he would move into that role after 3 years. I never felt he would get us promoted, and to be honest never thought he was a great manager, but I definitely saw him as a DoF over viewing the whole footballing side of the club.

He would be a good candidate but i just can't see him coming back working for the our owners again.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 14:55 - Feb 19 with 2125 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Warburton

Warburton's wiki page is hard to decipher but it looks like Warburton has only two years' experience as a DoF? 2011-2013?

If Ferdinand were to leave or be replaced, I'd be hoping we'd be getting in someone with a lot more experience and a lot more recent experience.

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 16:01 - Feb 19 with 2033 viewsR_from_afar

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 17:37 - Feb 18 by Benny_the_Ball

Indeed. It's funny; when Flavio said that he wasn't interested in the opinions of those who pay £20, many fans were up in arms, yet ultimately he achieved the aim of reaching the PL within 4 years.

Bungle and his gang spunk £500m, get their pants pulled down by successive managers, oversee relegation from the PL, land the club a record FFP fine, waste money on consultations for a stadium planned on land owned by Car Giant, burn relations with H&F, fail to even bid for numerous plots in and around White City (despite spending on infrastructure being outside of FFP), hire a DoF with no experience or qualities for the role, lose a bid to build a training ground at Warren Farm to a few Hanwell residents (losing millions in the process), continue to pursue a Cat 2 academy despite losing at least 5 prospects to EEEP for little over £100k, and then pepper the squad with loans whilst insisting that they want to develop our own.

Despite all of this, they continue to get a free pass from some comatosed fans who are afraid that if they speak up, these marvellous owners will leave. The irony is that they can't leave because no one will buy the mess they've created. We're stuck with them so we may as well hold them to account.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 17:38]

I don’t think there are many, if any, fans giving the owners a free pass. Virtually everyone is voicing at least some level of concern.

The owners have made plenty of mistakes and this is arguably the worst state we have been in with them in charge, but if we hound them out without having replacements immediately available, we will be putting the Park back into QPR because that’s where we’ll soon be playing our matches.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 16:35 - Feb 19 with 1956 viewsPunteR

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 16:01 - Feb 19 by R_from_afar

I don’t think there are many, if any, fans giving the owners a free pass. Virtually everyone is voicing at least some level of concern.

The owners have made plenty of mistakes and this is arguably the worst state we have been in with them in charge, but if we hound them out without having replacements immediately available, we will be putting the Park back into QPR because that’s where we’ll soon be playing our matches.

I don't think fans can literally hound the board out.
A protest is a way of drawing media attention and I guess try and snap the board into some kind of productive action. I honestly don't think this board is that thin skinned to just close the club down in some sort of spiteful move.
Things have to start changing though. They've had 12 years here and we've taken a huge step backwards since last season. We're almost back to square one from 20 years ago. With all the money thats been swirling around the club in that time it's really inexcusable.

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 16:36 - Feb 19 with 1947 viewsmart_Goblin

I think there are a few making excuses , but overall I think you are correct that they are not getting a free pass. Nearly all fans have concerns about lots of things and the ownership and direction being one of many. Just because we are all not marching down South Africa road with lit torches, it doesn’t mean we don’t have criticisms, complaints and worries .

But as Clive mentioned, we do need to be a bit careful about what we wish for.

There is so much to demand answers about and to say people were all completely contented with our club when we’re top earlier this season would be incorrect, but the collapse on the pitch has set a much larger magnifying glass on other matters than it did previously.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 17:42 - Feb 19 with 1804 viewsPinnerPaul

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 09:04 - Feb 19 by gazza1

We do not need further issues within the Club......just get to the game and support the Team. What do you think anyone is going to get out of a protest???....don't you think the 'powers' know that the supporters are in distress!!!!

Exactly.

Purpose of a demonstration

1) To let powers that be know how you feel - erm as you say, yes they do!
2) To let powers that be know what is wrong - erm yes they CAN read a league table
3) Let powers that be know what you want - despite all the bluff and nonsense, what we want is the team to win short term - again erm they know supporters are happy when we win

Total waste of time, no upside and a possible HUGE downside - they leave.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 18:21 - Feb 19 with 1689 viewsHarbour

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 17:42 - Feb 19 by PinnerPaul

Exactly.

Purpose of a demonstration

1) To let powers that be know how you feel - erm as you say, yes they do!
2) To let powers that be know what is wrong - erm yes they CAN read a league table
3) Let powers that be know what you want - despite all the bluff and nonsense, what we want is the team to win short term - again erm they know supporters are happy when we win

Total waste of time, no upside and a possible HUGE downside - they leave.

Down arrowed by mistake I agree with this Paul.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 18:42 - Feb 19 with 1632 viewsswisscottage

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 16:35 - Feb 19 by PunteR

I don't think fans can literally hound the board out.
A protest is a way of drawing media attention and I guess try and snap the board into some kind of productive action. I honestly don't think this board is that thin skinned to just close the club down in some sort of spiteful move.
Things have to start changing though. They've had 12 years here and we've taken a huge step backwards since last season. We're almost back to square one from 20 years ago. With all the money thats been swirling around the club in that time it's really inexcusable.

Tell that to Richard Thompson
https://www.indyrs.co.uk/2011/07/when-rangers-fans-vented-their-anger-at-qpr-cha

You could argue that was the start of the club's slide from the Premiership.

Be careful what you wish for, and all that.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2023 18:43]
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 20:18 - Feb 19 with 1551 viewsPunteR

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 18:42 - Feb 19 by swisscottage

https://www.indyrs.co.uk/2011/07/when-rangers-fans-vented-their-anger-at-qpr-cha

It's a bit different though isn't it. That situation was targeting one individual. It's a bit more complicated now as the owners are shielded by the DoF , Hoos and "The Chairman" Bhatia fronting it, and then all the investors.
However that was way before social media. I guess we don't need to do big demos like that anymore and we can just tweet "dead or alive" to the board now.

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 20:31 - Feb 19 with 1495 viewsconnell10

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 18:42 - Feb 19 by swisscottage

Richard Thompson was a wan ker

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 01:48 - Feb 20 with 1358 viewsBenny_the_Ball

First off, read my posts before responding. I've made it abundantly clear that the aim of any protest should be to question decisions and seek improvement, not hound the board out. If we demonstrate apathy off the pitch then we deserve the apathy being shown on it.

Next, there are plenty of supporters who give the owners a free pass by ignoring a catalogue of mistakes, buying into their excuses and then regurgitating them to the fanbase. You only have to look on this message board and count the number of posters who throw their arms in the air and bemoan FFP, just because Les and Lee said so. All of a sudden, Lee finds £1m behind the sofa to pay off Neil and his coaching staff.

Finally, owning the club is not like being a first team coach. You can't hound owners out without replacements. For the current owners to leave they'd have to find buyers, and no one in their right mind is interested in inheriting the mess they've created. We're stuck with these owners so we may as well demand an improvement in their performance.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 2:28]
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 01:50 - Feb 20 with 1348 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 14:55 - Feb 19 by BrianMcCarthy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Warburton

Warburton's wiki page is hard to decipher but it looks like Warburton has only two years' experience as a DoF? 2011-2013?

If Ferdinand were to leave or be replaced, I'd be hoping we'd be getting in someone with a lot more experience and a lot more recent experience.

Agree. Ferdinand had zero experience when the board hired him and it shows.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 02:26 - Feb 20 with 1326 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 09:21 - Feb 19 by QPR_Jim

Many clubs seem to function well without a DoF so I remain unconvinced that the model is a prerequisite for success. Nevertheless if you do employ a DoF then hire someone with the experience and credentials for the role.

Les has achieved very little in 8 years. The churn in managers and playing staff continues. The academy is producing next to no players, and the first team is still heavily reliant on loans. As for cutting the wage bill, it's Lee who is in charge of the finances. In any event, this didn't happen through any creativity on Lee or Les' part. It happened organically because the eye-watering contracts that the board handed out like confetti in the PL expired. The wage bill would've dropped anyway even if you or I had been DoF.

Ultimately, the whole point of a DoF is that they build the squad and the coaches coach the squad that they're given. The idea is that there's continuity in playing staff even when managers come and go. That continuity hasn't happened. Now if, as you allege, Les allowed Beale to bring in his own players then that alone is justification to relieve him of his post. It's those same players who downed tools when Beale left and ultimately cost Neil his job. It's those same players that could see QPR playing in League 1 next season.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 02:32 - Feb 20 with 1316 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 09:01 - Feb 19 by NorthantsHoop

We need to get behind the team, the stuff with the owners is a distraction, as has been detailed by Clive many times, writing a £1.8m cheque each month for an average Championship club, just to keep the place going is not an attractive prospect. There is no doubt a need to refresh the leadership roles within the club and the head coach (who just does not fit/do it) is probably the way forward. I long ago accepted QPR are a Championship club, but I do not want us in League 1 we would struggle to get out of there.

I don't buy the writing a £1.8m cheque a month myth but I do agree that during the match our energy should be focused on supporting the team as most of us don't want to see the club in League 1 next season. However, there is room for protest outside of the 90 minutes if the board refuse to engage the fans in meaningful dialogue.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 02:47 - Feb 20 with 1303 viewsFredManRave

After today's announcement, the protest is gathering pace;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 07:44 - Feb 20 with 1236 viewsswisscottage

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 20:31 - Feb 19 by connell10

Richard Thompson was a wan ker

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't his biggest fan, but we punched above out weight for 7 years under his chairmanship before he sold the club in 1996 when we were relegated. And then the horror show began.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024