Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Dieng moment. 19:34 - Aug 14 with 5559 viewsMick_S

We’ve got to cling onto moments like these. For those of you that were there, hats off. But where were you? I was at a wedding in Cadmore End in Bucks with quite a few Rangers in attendance. 2-0 down came across the table. Then 2-1. When my mate explained how it ended I almost made a speech. Bonkers.

My team.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The Dieng moment. on 06:50 - Aug 15 with 1663 viewsSydneyRs

The Dieng moment. on 02:54 - Aug 15 by Lblock

Wasn’t that the Gurnham Singh referee debacle?

Karl Ready….. thickest footballer going (except for Jason McAteer). He told me he thought he was a better player than Macca and actually believed himself.

No, they beat us 2-1 in the Gurnham SIngh game. Will never forget it, the angriest I've been after a game. Went with a Spurs mate and even he could not believe what went on despite the fact it benefitted them.
The Dieng moment. on 08:55 - Aug 15 with 1574 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.11v11.com/matches/queens-park-rangers-v-tottenham-hotspur-11-april-1

This was the Gurnham Singh game.
POTY do after. That was all anyone chatted about.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Dieng moment. on 10:07 - Aug 15 with 1481 viewsterryb

The Dieng moment. on 02:54 - Aug 15 by Lblock

Wasn’t that the Gurnham Singh referee debacle?

Karl Ready….. thickest footballer going (except for Jason McAteer). He told me he thought he was a better player than Macca and actually believed himself.

Sky reporter at Northampton on Saturday informed us that the referee was the son Of Mr Singh & was making his EFL debut.

Wait till he's appointed for one of our games!
The Dieng moment. on 11:09 - Aug 15 with 1429 viewsOldPedro

The Dieng moment. on 10:07 - Aug 15 by terryb

Sky reporter at Northampton on Saturday informed us that the referee was the son Of Mr Singh & was making his EFL debut.

There is an article on the EFL website

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/august/sunny-singh-gill-to-become-first-south-asia

There is an interesting point under the early years section

"Like many young children, Sunny grew up with dreams of becoming a professional footballer. As an 11-year-old he was scouted by Queens Park Rangers before having trials at the club’s youth academy. However, he was released not long after but his love for the game never wavered. "

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

The Dieng moment. on 13:28 - Aug 15 with 1350 viewsCamberleyR

The Dieng moment. on 10:07 - Aug 15 by terryb

His dad was a different ref, not Gurnham Singh. Although Gurnham Singh was most likely Sikh, he never wore Sikh headwear. The ref they were referring to who's Sunny Singh's father was a full Sikh and wore a patka like Monty Panesar did when playing cricket.

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/august/sunny-singh-gill-to-become-first-south-asia
[Post edited 15 Aug 2022 13:32]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Dieng moment. on 15:44 - Aug 15 with 1267 viewsA40Bosh

For those on Twitter..

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

The Dieng moment. on 15:48 - Aug 15 with 1262 viewsted_hendrix

The Dieng moment. on 15:44 - Aug 15 by A40Bosh

For those on Twitter..

That Is brilliant-thanks for posting.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Dieng moment. on 16:20 - Aug 15 with 1225 viewsterryb

The Dieng moment. on 13:28 - Aug 15 by CamberleyR

His dad was a different ref, not Gurnham Singh. Although Gurnham Singh was most likely Sikh, he never wore Sikh headwear. The ref they were referring to who's Sunny Singh's father was a full Sikh and wore a patka like Monty Panesar did when playing cricket.

[Post edited 15 Aug 2022 13:32]

I stand corrected Camberley.

I did think it was quite a time differance betweeen father & son refereeing, but I'm sure the Sky reporter stated it as fact. Not that I was listening closely as it wasn't news from The Stadium of Light!
Login to get fewer ads

The Dieng moment. on 16:30 - Aug 15 with 1206 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The Dieng moment. on 19:53 - Aug 14 by davman

I am sure that we must have, but have we thrown games in a similar manner? I only remember our come backs rather than ones we have chucked - my selective memory...

Port Vale (a)
Newcastle (h)
Derby (a)
Brentford (h)
Sunderland (a)

Can anyone remember conceding two goals at the end of a game to throw away a win?

I was at Stockport where we were doing well to be on nil. We were 3-0 down and it finished 3-3.

Do I recall us 3-1 up at Notts Couunty during a Christmas period and we hung on by our fingernails for a draw.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The Dieng moment. on 18:35 - Aug 15 with 1111 viewsfrancisbowles

I seem to remember a Leicester team featuring a young Gary Lineker got a late 2-2. Another was Everton winning 3-2 in the last minute, playing a free kick from the Ellerslie Road half way line into the box, after we were 2-0 up. Memory very sketchy on both, I'm afraid but they were at Loftus Road.
The Dieng moment. on 19:59 - Aug 15 with 1051 viewsVancouverHoop

The Dieng moment. on 15:44 - Aug 15 by A40Bosh

For those on Twitter..

That is truly precious. Well done, and thanks!
The Dieng moment. on 23:05 - Aug 15 with 972 viewsJames_Paddocks

At the back of the away stand, trying to locate my two young boys amongst the 'limbs' 😂

One of the greatest away celebrations I've ever been a part of. Just absolutely bonkers!
The Dieng moment. on 23:18 - Aug 15 with 957 viewsQPRSteve

Back around 1971 think we were 2-0 up at home to Sheffield United and gave away two goals in the last 5 minutes,
The Dieng moment. on 19:49 - Aug 16 with 815 viewshubble

Second in Top 5 EFL goals of the week..

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

The Dieng moment. on 23:03 - Aug 16 with 783 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Whispers tonight that he wasn't coming out for the second half. I really hope that he hasn't picked up another injury.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024