Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom manager gone 14:08 - Feb 2 with 11849 viewsNorthernr

Nm
West Brom manager gone on 18:14 - Feb 4 with 854 viewsLythamR

West Brom manager gone on 03:53 - Feb 4 by saxbend

It's usually not difficult to tell the difference between casual mistakes, errors learning a new language, and arrogant disregard. Policing the latter is utterly justified.

"Policing the latter is utterly justified."

it might be justified in your opinion which is fair but are you sure about "utterly"?
West Brom manager gone on 18:16 - Feb 4 with 843 viewsed_83

Just gone back to Clive's opposition interview in the pre-season predictions, makes for quite the read now:

“ There is a lot of excitement about his appointment, because for the first time in the best part of a decade, the club has got someone who doesn’t appear to be a short term panic signing, but rather about installing and implementing a much longer term plan and philosophy. The fact they shelled out £2 million to activate his release clause is a huge statement about a forward thinking plan, and for that fee, I doubt the club will be sacking him anytime soon."
West Brom manager gone on 19:36 - Feb 4 with 755 viewsfrancisbowles

West Brom manager gone on 15:41 - Feb 4 by PinnerPaul

I'm ashamed to admit I do it when watching the telly, but only really to the maddening (to me I admit!) habit of putting a 'qualifier' in front of unique.

Each to their own, I know a television producer who used to tell off anyone who used the phrase "First time ever" on air - pointing out that the 'ever' is superfluous - never occurred to me before I heard that the other day!

We've been down this road before on here many times:- not everyone, everything, every topic, discussion, viewpoint is going to be to your liking - don't forget the ignore button is a wonderful thing for both individuals and threads!

A similar one is 'at this moment in time'.

My pet hate on here, which I 'could have' mentioned before but decided not to, is 'could of'.
West Brom manager gone on 21:02 - Feb 4 with 687 viewsR_from_afar

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024