Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne 21:42 - Nov 20 with 17710 viewsLowerloftLad

I don't want to come back to QPR and be third or fourth choice,last season I used to sit around eating Jaffa cakes and getting fat, He may support Ipswich but I think his comment's show me about his attitude.

Get him sold to Ipswich or anyone else in league one who fancy spending 3mill.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 21:43]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Bonne on 10:04 - Nov 22 with 2600 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bonne on 09:50 - Nov 22 by daveB

Always looked like there was a player there, he missed a lot of chances but was always getting into positions. There must have been something Warburton didn't like in training as he rarely turned to him second half of the season

Once Austin came in, his race was run wasn't it? Dykes really stepped up as well, and I thought that Dykes contributed far more in general to attacking moves which gave him the edge over Bonne.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bonne on 10:31 - Nov 22 with 2521 viewsBklynRanger

Bonne on 10:04 - Nov 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Once Austin came in, his race was run wasn't it? Dykes really stepped up as well, and I thought that Dykes contributed far more in general to attacking moves which gave him the edge over Bonne.

Yeah he played him out wide a bit at that point too didn't he? A quick check on the wiki shows 34 appearances and 3 goals. So he wasn't exactly sent to Siberia.

So much divided opinion about this one - quite interesting to read. For me I don't quite get how Bonne has again repeated this thing about being 3rd or 4th striker for us. He can't shirley have expected to come in as first or second choice when it was a step up?

He seems to talk about that a bit too much, to me at least. Strangely though it doesn't seem to be in an arrogant way - hard to describe on a Monday morning - entitled isn't the word either but maybe it's on that side of things. Maybe he just can't believe he wasn't ahead of Dykes - well if that's the case he needs to believe it and get on with it.
Bonne on 10:38 - Nov 22 with 2499 viewsEsox_Lucius

He should be ahead of Marco Ramkilde IMO.

The grass is always greener.

Bonne on 10:53 - Nov 22 with 2470 viewsdaveB

Bonne on 10:04 - Nov 22 by BrianMcCarthy

It did take Dykes another 2 months to score after Austin came in so opportunity was there for him. I think the Bournemouth game was the end for him, came on and missed 2/3 absolute sitters and hardly played again after that

Can see where Bonne is coming from about wanting to stay just think the dig at QPR was uncalled for
Bonne on 10:58 - Nov 22 with 2457 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bonne on 10:53 - Nov 22 by daveB

It did take Dykes another 2 months to score after Austin came in so opportunity was there for him. I think the Bournemouth game was the end for him, came on and missed 2/3 absolute sitters and hardly played again after that

Can see where Bonne is coming from about wanting to stay just think the dig at QPR was uncalled for

"It did take Dykes another 2 months to score after Austin came in so opportunity was there for him."

Good point, Dave.

Bonne on 11:53 - Nov 22 with 2374 viewsdanehoop

Still staggered by the valuations that are being placed on Bonne by some on here.

The impact of Covid and wider financial constraints has had a massive impact upon player valuations and availability of transfer funds (outside of the insane artificial bubble world of the upper Premier league).

It simply doesn't matter what we paid for him 2 years ago, any offers we get will reflect the new financial reality now. Suggestions of £3-4M touted earlier in are frankly pie in the sky for a player who has had half a good season in league 1 and been at best moderate prior to that. We bought him based upon the potential we saw in him and that he would fit into Warbs ball. That didn't quite work when he was asked to play, but to be fair the side was struggling at that time and lots was being asked off 2 very inexperienced strikers to play for new clubs in what would have been different roles.

Dykes struggled as badly, but because of injury and good management was rehabilitated into the team and started to prove his potential. Bonne was also pulled to give him some time out, but seemed to regress a little, and wasn't ready to be reintroduced. We don't know what happened there for that to happen or what was said to him when he signed for us, but he clearly felt that he wasn't going to get game time once Charlie arrived.

So to give him credit he could have sat on his bum eating Jaffa cakes and playing in the development side, but he has been willing to go on loan and push on at Ipswich. He hasn't made any digs at the club, he has been respectful, but equally suspects that he is probably going to be surplus to requirements for us in the immediate future. In that context it absolutely makes sense that he wants to stay where he is wanted, where he scoring goals and is clearly very much appreciated by management, players and fans.

It maybe that he does end up at Ipswich permanently in the future (indeed that looks like it could be a good deal for all concerned as it will lower our wage bill and allow us all to move on). If that does happen though, expect an undisclosed fee with add on clauses. We will though be lucky to recoup half of what we originally spent on him because of the change in the external financial situation.

Never knowingly understood

Bonne on 11:57 - Nov 22 with 2353 viewsrobith

Bonne on 10:31 - Nov 22 by BklynRanger

Yeah he played him out wide a bit at that point too didn't he? A quick check on the wiki shows 34 appearances and 3 goals. So he wasn't exactly sent to Siberia.

So much divided opinion about this one - quite interesting to read. For me I don't quite get how Bonne has again repeated this thing about being 3rd or 4th striker for us. He can't shirley have expected to come in as first or second choice when it was a step up?

He seems to talk about that a bit too much, to me at least. Strangely though it doesn't seem to be in an arrogant way - hard to describe on a Monday morning - entitled isn't the word either but maybe it's on that side of things. Maybe he just can't believe he wasn't ahead of Dykes - well if that's the case he needs to believe it and get on with it.

To me, he is talking about being 3rd or 4th choice as a statement of the reality of the situation. If he came back he isn't going to be starting much over Austin, Dykes and Gray, so he'd rather atm stay put and play every week.

Which to me is an accurate summary of the situation, a reflection of his character (he'd rather play than collect a wage) and probably good for us too. No point recalling him if he won't play, whereas if say we don't bring in Gray permanently then we might need him next season and surely better for him to be confident after having a good seaons
Bonne on 12:50 - Nov 22 with 2254 viewsMatch82

Bonne on 08:15 - Nov 21 by gazza1

Firstly, lets clear up the Jaffa cakes........it is a food that many footballers eat because of the ingredients in the Jaffa cakes. They will eat them at training, before a game and at half time and after the game.

As for what he is saying re football, basically he wants to play football and not train all week and then play for 5 mins on Saturday afternoon when he comes on as a sub or start a game once a month.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he is saying.

"Firstly, lets clear up the Jaffa cakes........it is a food that many footballers eat because of the ingredients in the Jaffa cakes. They will eat them at training, before a game and at half time and after the game."

The modern day halftime oranges?
Login to get fewer ads

Bonne on 14:02 - Nov 22 with 2102 viewsPinnerPaul

I think some of you need to listen to Paul Furlong's interview - not that he says much different to any professional footballer - they all want to play, but sometimes the manager at the time just doesn't think they should, so they have to move on.

We've signed loads of players from clubs because of that - Jimmy Dunne springs to mind as one of the most recent examples.
Bonne on 16:55 - Nov 22 with 1968 viewsbaz_qpr

Bonne on 11:53 - Nov 22 by danehoop

Still staggered by the valuations that are being placed on Bonne by some on here.

The impact of Covid and wider financial constraints has had a massive impact upon player valuations and availability of transfer funds (outside of the insane artificial bubble world of the upper Premier league).

It simply doesn't matter what we paid for him 2 years ago, any offers we get will reflect the new financial reality now. Suggestions of £3-4M touted earlier in are frankly pie in the sky for a player who has had half a good season in league 1 and been at best moderate prior to that. We bought him based upon the potential we saw in him and that he would fit into Warbs ball. That didn't quite work when he was asked to play, but to be fair the side was struggling at that time and lots was being asked off 2 very inexperienced strikers to play for new clubs in what would have been different roles.

Dykes struggled as badly, but because of injury and good management was rehabilitated into the team and started to prove his potential. Bonne was also pulled to give him some time out, but seemed to regress a little, and wasn't ready to be reintroduced. We don't know what happened there for that to happen or what was said to him when he signed for us, but he clearly felt that he wasn't going to get game time once Charlie arrived.

So to give him credit he could have sat on his bum eating Jaffa cakes and playing in the development side, but he has been willing to go on loan and push on at Ipswich. He hasn't made any digs at the club, he has been respectful, but equally suspects that he is probably going to be surplus to requirements for us in the immediate future. In that context it absolutely makes sense that he wants to stay where he is wanted, where he scoring goals and is clearly very much appreciated by management, players and fans.

It maybe that he does end up at Ipswich permanently in the future (indeed that looks like it could be a good deal for all concerned as it will lower our wage bill and allow us all to move on). If that does happen though, expect an undisclosed fee with add on clauses. We will though be lucky to recoup half of what we originally spent on him because of the change in the external financial situation.

We don't need to sell, so if they want him they have to meet our valuation, or we will just keep loaning him out for a fee.

I think in all likelihood what will happen is he will see out the season there as per his loan contract, and they will buy him for £3.5m and a healthy sell on in the summer. They are not short of a bob either
Bonne on 17:45 - Nov 22 with 1935 viewsdanehoop

Bonne on 16:55 - Nov 22 by baz_qpr

We don't need to sell, so if they want him they have to meet our valuation, or we will just keep loaning him out for a fee.

I think in all likelihood what will happen is he will see out the season there as per his loan contract, and they will buy him for £3.5m and a healthy sell on in the summer. They are not short of a bob either

No-one is paying £3.5M for Bonne.

Since we bought him, the world had changed. We bought him for an undisclosed fee (somewhere between £1-2M depending on who you listen to).

If you look at things from a neutral perspective, he had proven himself to be a good League 1 striker when we bought him. Clearly talented, but wasn't successful in his first year in the Championship. Now he has returned to League 1 and proven himself to be good at that level. So who is going to pay £3.5M for a proven League 1 striker? Ipswich seem unlikely to come up with that after a couple of years inn League 1, even with new ownership. That might change if they get promoted, but even then it seems very unlikely.

Never knowingly understood

Bonne on 18:02 - Nov 22 with 1916 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bonne on 17:45 - Nov 22 by danehoop

Since we bought him, the world had changed. We bought him for an undisclosed fee (somewhere between £1-2M depending on who you listen to).

If you look at things from a neutral perspective, he had proven himself to be a good League 1 striker when we bought him. Clearly talented, but wasn't successful in his first year in the Championship. Now he has returned to League 1 and proven himself to be good at that level. So who is going to pay £3.5M for a proven League 1 striker? Ipswich seem unlikely to come up with that after a couple of years inn League 1, even with new ownership. That might change if they get promoted, but even then it seems very unlikely.

Agree that some of the valuations seem optimistic.

Bonne had one decent year in the Championship with Charlton, though, didn't he?

Bonne on 21:57 - Nov 22 with 1840 viewsgazza1

£3.5 million for Bonne.......what planet are posters on??

Why keep him here if he isn't good enough??? Why not sell for a the 'going rate' fee and get him off the books - why should Ipswich pay OTT price???, no point in keeping him here if he is not playing 1st team football.
Bonne on 23:09 - Nov 22 with 1801 viewskensalriser

Most likely Ipswich will buy him for his market value, which will probably be between 1-2m.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bonne on 23:36 - Nov 22 with 1773 viewsbob566

Bonne on 23:09 - Nov 22 by kensalriser

Most likely Ipswich will buy him for his market value, which will probably be between 1-2m.

I'm not offended at all. Good luck to him. The only thing wrong with that article is that they should be saying other other orange flavoured biscuits are available
Bonne on 00:18 - Nov 23 with 1757 viewsMatch82

Bonne on 23:36 - Nov 22 by bob566

I'm not offended at all. Good luck to him. The only thing wrong with that article is that they should be saying other other orange flavoured biscuits are available

Right, is this the part where we have an argument about whether Jaffa Cakes are a cake or a biscuit?
Bonne on 07:08 - Nov 23 with 1683 viewsdistortR

jaffa cakes are an abomination.
Bonne on 07:16 - Nov 23 with 1667 viewsPunteR

Bonne on 07:08 - Nov 23 by distortR

jaffa cakes are an abomination.

Clive needs to lock this thread. It's getting out of hand now.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bonne on 07:38 - Nov 23 with 1648 viewsdistortR

Bonne on 07:16 - Nov 23 by PunteR

Clive needs to lock this thread. It's getting out of hand now.

mate, football violence, charlie's form, 4 or 5 at the back are contentious issues and i've buttoned my lip.

But I can't be silent on this one. They're shit.
Bonne on 08:57 - Nov 23 with 1585 views1JD

Bonne on 17:45 - Nov 22 by danehoop

This is incorrect. Bonne scored 11 in 33 appearances in the CHAMPIONSHIP for Charlton. He scored 1 in 3 appearances in his debut season at the level having been signed from non-league.
Bonne on 09:35 - Nov 23 with 1562 viewsloftboy

If we are still in with a shout of the playoffs come the January window I wonder if it would be worth cashing in on Bonne and using the money on a quality loan.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Bonne on 09:49 - Nov 23 with 1540 viewsfrancisbowles

Bonne on 16:55 - Nov 22 by baz_qpr

Are they paying a loan fee? Are they even covering all his salary?
We probably paid just over a million, say £1.25 plus add ons, which won't have been realised.

If Ipswich bid anything over what we paid, say £1.5m+, we would probably cash in.
Bonne on 10:02 - Nov 23 with 1519 viewsdmm

Bonne on 09:35 - Nov 23 by loftboy

If we are still in with a shout of the playoffs come the January window I wonder if it would be worth cashing in on Bonne and using the money on a quality loan.

Warburton has said he'll be considering bringing in new players in January so this must be a possibility, perhaps even a permanent signing. As has been suggested before, we might want to have another go at getting George Cox from Fortuna Sittard.
Bonne on 10:21 - Nov 23 with 1497 viewsPunteR

Bonne on 07:38 - Nov 23 by distortR

mate, football violence, charlie's form, 4 or 5 at the back are contentious issues and i've buttoned my lip.

But I can't be silent on this one. They're shit.

With all due respect you must be eating them wrong.

They're not a conventional biscuit or cake.
You can't dunk them in your tea and you don't slice them like a cake. You just shove the whole thing in your mouth.
Healthy energy boosters.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bonne on 11:14 - Nov 23 with 1461 viewsBklynRanger

Bonne on 11:57 - Nov 22 by robith

To me, he is talking about being 3rd or 4th choice as a statement of the reality of the situation. If he came back he isn't going to be starting much over Austin, Dykes and Gray, so he'd rather atm stay put and play every week.

Which to me is an accurate summary of the situation, a reflection of his character (he'd rather play than collect a wage) and probably good for us too. No point recalling him if he won't play, whereas if say we don't bring in Gray permanently then we might need him next season and surely better for him to be confident after having a good seaons

I know what you're saying but he said the same thing when he went to Ipswich, before Gray came - so at that point he didn't want to be behind Austin and competing with Dykes and Kelman - I think - if memory serves.

He seems like a decent fella - there was a story not too long ago on here about him being very kind to a disabled young person - just a bit on the vocal side as far as where he thinks he should be in our pecking order. But that's probably the way of things these days, and me turning into a dinosaur.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024