Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Songs You Hate 13:52 - Jun 12 with 5506 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Following on from the National Anthems thread, this has to happen.
Exhibit A - twenty seconds in and I'm done - the accordion, the waltz beat, the weedy voice and the crappy hippy lyrics. Hell!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Songs You Hate on 09:25 - Jun 13 with 1471 viewsSK_hoops

Songs You Hate on 07:17 - Jun 13 by traininvain

Anything by the Beautiful South and Angels by Robbie Williams.

Came to post rock DJ...
Songs You Hate on 09:25 - Jun 13 with 1466 viewsswitchingcode

Nine million Bicycles. Katie Melua
Songs You Hate on 09:30 - Jun 13 with 1454 viewsEsox_Lucius

Do They Know It's Christmas?

The grass is always greener.

Songs You Hate on 09:32 - Jun 13 with 1451 viewsLoftgirl

Blue is the colour.
Songs You Hate on 09:57 - Jun 13 with 1425 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Songs You Hate on 09:32 - Jun 13 by Loftgirl

Blue is the colour.

The Liquidator for the same reason.
Songs You Hate on 10:10 - Jun 13 with 1399 viewsdistortR

I hate not only songs but genres, annoyingly I detest so much that I can't even narrow it down to one song that sums up everything that is wrong with our species.

but I'm working on it.

Edit - I mean, novelty songs, gangnam style barbie crazy frog shit bolloxs, just kill them now.
And anything involving childrens choirs, ffs

for starters

[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 10:19]
Songs You Hate on 12:25 - Jun 13 with 1329 viewsMrSheen

Not his fault that Superdrug get it out on October 15th each year, but Stop the Cavalry. Fairytale of New York going the same way, sadly.
Songs You Hate on 12:29 - Jun 13 with 1325 viewsMick_S

Songs You Hate on 12:25 - Jun 13 by MrSheen

Not his fault that Superdrug get it out on October 15th each year, but Stop the Cavalry. Fairytale of New York going the same way, sadly.

Sit down next to me.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Songs You Hate on 12:30 - Jun 13 with 1324 viewsHantsR

When I saw the title of your post Brian, and before seeing your nomination, that song was the very first one I thought of - god I hated it! (Eden Kane's brotherbtw). Next, and unbelievably another No.1, was Cinderella Rockefeller by Esther and Abi O'farim, the Irish duo.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 12:31]
Songs You Hate on 12:40 - Jun 13 with 1309 viewskensalriser

Songs You Hate on 07:17 - Jun 13 by traininvain

Anything by the Beautiful South and Angels by Robbie Williams.

Anything by Robbie Williams. I mean, literally anything by Robbie Williams.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Songs You Hate on 20:17 - Jun 13 with 1179 viewsDorse

Pretty much everything I have heard by Bob Dylan. He has the melodic range of a fcuking hoover. And can't play the fcuking harmonica half as well as that jakey in the underpass trying to raise the money for his next bottle of turps.

Songwriter? Nobel winner? Fine, I get that bit, but get someone else to play and sing the bloody things!

Anyway, I must be going. There is a torch carrying mob assembling outside.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Songs You Hate on 22:58 - Jun 13 with 1128 viewsMrSheen

I was flabbergasted by the unbelievably crass idea of finishing The Killing Fields with John Lennon’s Imagine. I can see Pol Pot and his boys tearfully waving lighters in the air imagining no religion and possessions and hoping everyone will join them to live as one.
Songs You Hate on 08:07 - Jun 14 with 1075 viewswood_hoop

Songs You Hate on 20:51 - Jun 12 by PlanetHonneywood

Bohemian Rhapsody.

Anything by Dire Straits, and everything UB40 knocked out after ‘One in Ten’.

Bohemian Rhapsody., agree 100%....

Utter dire pretensious crap, the dog stting with our local busker has more idea what a song should sound like.
Songs You Hate on 09:11 - Jun 14 with 1047 viewsrobith

Clocks by Coldplay

Forget getting played to death when it came out, it tore a hole in the fabric of reality. Every TV show, every TV ident, every ad, every sports show. If I hear that piano start up I start convulsing
Songs You Hate on 09:40 - Jun 14 with 1025 viewsbrendan

Raindrops keep falling on my head…….A harmless ditty from a good film but I hate it. BJ Thomas, who wrote it died recently, so it got played a bit on radio. Still hate it
Songs You Hate on 10:05 - Jun 14 with 1022 viewsAshdown_Ranger

'Loving You'...

Instant nausea and 24 hour ear-worm.

It was even painful to find a video, to think about the horrible screeching, the sickly syrup mush - I'm going to suffer for the rest of the day...

[Post edited 14 Jun 2021 10:06]
Songs You Hate on 10:30 - Jun 14 with 985 viewsOutWestR

Songs You Hate on 22:58 - Jun 13 by MrSheen

I was flabbergasted by the unbelievably crass idea of finishing The Killing Fields with John Lennon’s Imagine. I can see Pol Pot and his boys tearfully waving lighters in the air imagining no religion and possessions and hoping everyone will join them to live as one.

I just finished reading The Lost Executioner by Nic Dunlop and decided to watch The Killing Fields again for the first time in years. I’d forgotten about the use of that song at the end and it was so jarring and misguided. Almost undid everything in the film that went before it.

About 20 years ago I spent a month in Cambodia and I was staying in a guesthouse on the lake in Phnom Penh and they had a DVD player that quests could watch films on. No prizes for guessing which film got played the most. It seemed really insensitive, knowing the last Khmer Rouge only dissolved a few years before. I remember the owner shaking his head and saying it gets played every day!

Returning to the topic, “Yes sir, I can boogie”. Makes me want to stick pins in my eyes.
Songs You Hate on 10:35 - Jun 14 with 980 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Two genres I detest with every fibre of my being are American Country and Crap Irish Folk.
Here the two are merged with full-on horror predictably ensuing.
Open with care.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Songs You Hate on 11:00 - Jun 14 with 948 viewsHarbour

I just called to say I love you ...yuk..
Hello...LRichie also cringe worthy
Songs You Hate on 11:14 - Jun 14 with 931 viewsTheChef

Dancing in the Moonlight by Toploader.

The worst kind of Radio 2 Chris Evans MOR middle class 'hey aren't we cool and funky' sh1te.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Songs You Hate on 11:22 - Jun 14 with 921 viewskensalriser

Songs You Hate on 11:00 - Jun 14 by Harbour

I just called to say I love you ...yuk..
Hello...LRichie also cringe worthy

I'm feeling that. You can add almost anything by the Commodores and especially Easy and Three Times a Lady. Mawkish, stomach turning mush. The Commodores were one of my first true hates.

Lionel Richie also has an unfeasibly large mouth. But I'm sure he's a lovely bloke when he's not singing sickening drivel.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Songs You Hate on 11:31 - Jun 14 with 912 viewsMrSheen

Songs You Hate on 11:22 - Jun 14 by kensalriser

I'm feeling that. You can add almost anything by the Commodores and especially Easy and Three Times a Lady. Mawkish, stomach turning mush. The Commodores were one of my first true hates.

Lionel Richie also has an unfeasibly large mouth. But I'm sure he's a lovely bloke when he's not singing sickening drivel.

...at John Terry's wedding.
Songs You Hate on 11:56 - Jun 14 with 886 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Any songs by bad-boy boy-band Five.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Songs You Hate on 12:18 - Jun 14 with 865 viewsdmm

Songs You Hate on 11:22 - Jun 14 by kensalriser

Did you not like the Commodores early funk stuff; Slippery When Wet and Brickhouse in particular?

It's sad they turned to sweet sickly mush.
Songs You Hate on 12:19 - Jun 14 with 863 viewslondonscottish

Songs You Hate on 17:29 - Jun 12 by kensalriser

We Are The Champions.

Awful dirge at a leaden pace, guitar work that Spinal Tap couldn't have done better as a pastiche and an actual infantile playground taunt employed as a melody. I must admit, having that drivel thrust into my ears took the gloss off our title in 2011.

Little known fact; the song was originally going to be double the tempo as the band were intending it to be a bit punky (yes, really....).

But Brian May insisted they record it at half-speed. No doubt so he could crow bar in more of his appallingly dull, plod-along guitar solos.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024